ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Resident Evil 2
Mephistopheles Janx 01:03 AM 01-24-2019
I played the first resident evil game as a teen but it creeped me out and I never finished it. RE2 is being released tomorrow for $60 and I have a steam code for it but am torn as to whether I should redeem it or I should sell/trade it.

Do any of you recall playing RE2 (the original) and do you feel it would be worth the playthrough despite horror not being my preferred genre or should I find someone to buy it from me?
[Reply]
Bump 01:07 AM 01-24-2019
I remember playing it a long time ago, zero interest in playing it again. Not because it wasn't good, but remakes don't interest me in the slightest.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:13 AM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I remember playing it a long time ago, zero interest in playing it again. Not because it wasn't good, but remakes don't interest me in the slightest.
I feel the same way. I bought FF7 when it came back out for the PC and just couldn't motivate myself to play it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:34 AM 01-24-2019
Loved RE1, 2 and 3...this remake is getting ridiculously positive reviews though. RE 2 was easily my favorite. It's up to you but I purchased cause im a fan, but I'm sure many want to buy it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:36 AM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
What other remakes have there been? Typically I hear the word re-mastered such as the Iast of us but not a remake from the ground up...I've heard this game had added dialogue and other things that weren't exact in the original.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:52 AM 01-24-2019
Might just take a PTO day tomorrow so I can stay up all night playing this. Multiple playthroughs, 2 on each character, plus Hunk and Tofu. Kingdom Hearts 3 will wait!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:23 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Might just take a PTO day tomorrow so I can stay up all night playing this. Multiple playthroughs, 2 on each character, plus Hunk and Tofu. Kingdom Hearts 3 will wait!
Which version did you get? I ordered the Deluxe one
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:40 PM 01-24-2019
I Loved 1 because of the feeling of being lost in a creepy house in the middle of nowhere. The bad camera angles, terrible movement, playing "Moonlight Sonata" on the piano. You felt so weak and underpowered.

2 was also really good just a different feeling of creepiness. It was more like you're caught in this web that keeps expanding so far beyond the initial scope you initially perceived. My favorite thing about 2 was when you unlocked the machine gun after the first play-through and went to town in the facility at the end. Also, Ava Wong...SJW's would have a field day with her outfit if that were initially released today.

I don't know if I'd play them again but Ill probably watch on twitch on my phone when I'm at work.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:41 PM 01-24-2019
I could never play the older REs. I was young and they were too scary.

I could play them from RE:4 and on once they shifted from survival horror to action adventure.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:09 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Which version did you get? I ordered the Deluxe one
Me too, I'm interested to seeing how beefy the Samurai Edge is from the pre order bonuses. I hope it doesn't make the game too easy.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:09 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Me too, I'm interested to seeing how beefy the Samurai Edge is from the pre order bonuses. I hope it doesn't make the game too easy.
Agree ... hopefully not. Very excited to play this. The graphics and detail look spectacular.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:25 AM 01-25-2019
I got the deluxe edition. I am in the camp that really wanted it to be classic style, fixed cameras Resident Evil. Basically I just wanted them to do what they did with RE1 because I enjoyed the hell out of that. But so far I'm enjoying this. Seems like a pretty faithful adaptation of the original RE2 made into a 3rd person shooter.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:03 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I got the deluxe edition. I am in the camp that really wanted it to be classic style, fixed cameras Resident Evil. Basically I just wanted them to do what they did with RE1 because I enjoyed the hell out of that. But so far I'm enjoying this. Seems like a pretty faithful adaptation of the original RE2 made into a 3rd person shooter.
Glad to hear. Won't be able to play of till the 2bd since I'm out of town
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:14 PM 01-25-2019
I played it for three hours last night after it launched on Steam. Pretty awesome. The lickers and dogs are pains in the ass though, if they get behind you for whatever reason they're such assholes to track down again. Just had the Tyrant make his brief entrance so I'm sure I'll have to deal with that asshat when I head back to the Police Station.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:49 PM 01-25-2019
Played the demo, it’s amazing! Honestly hoping for RE3 and RE out break
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up