ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>So they're actually making Ghostbusters 3 now?
RealSNR 09:16 PM 01-16-2019

https://ew.com/trailers/2019/01/16/j...-movie-teaser/

Originally Posted by :
The all-female Ghostbusters movie that director Paul Feig made in 2016 with Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, Kristen Wiig, and Melissa McCarthy started its story from scratch, unconnected to the earlier films, so it won’t have ties to this new one. “I have so much respect for what Paul created with those brilliant actresses, and would love to see more stories from them. However, this new movie will follow the trajectory of the original film,” Reitman says.

[Reply]
Bump 09:19 PM 01-16-2019
They didn't ruin it enough the last time?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:21 PM 01-16-2019
wait....they made a 2nd one?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:25 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
wait....they made a 2nd one?
This will be the 4th Ghostbusters movie.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:42 PM 01-16-2019
Also, Red Letter Media hit the nail on the head when it comes to using any old cast to reboot a new "crew"

Fuck Bill Murray. Greedy dipshit gave us this fucking garbage, and if they put him in this movie, they'll be taking a giant steamy dump and Harold Ramis' grave.

[Reply]
007 05:21 AM 01-17-2019
So a reboot made my Reitmans son.
[Reply]
Dr. Yu Weed Tard 06:38 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
(Sigh)

Typical liberals out in Hollywood, can't count for shit.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:52 PM 01-17-2019
“I have so much respect for what Paul created with those brilliant actresses, and would love to see more stories from them..."

How many sedatives did this guy have to be on to say this with a straight face?
[Reply]
Fish 02:18 PM 01-17-2019
The female Ghosbusters movie was a fucking disgrace. They turned it into a corny SNL skit, and it failed miserably. Hopefully this gets back on track...
[Reply]
sedated 02:30 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Luckily the reboot was so bad that it is now being ignored by the rest of the franchise. As it should be.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:42 PM 01-17-2019
I would have stuck it in 80s era Annie Potts' "slimer"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 01-17-2019
I feel like they missed their window by...I dunno....2 decades.

I loved Ghostbusters and watched Ghostbusters 2 until the tape wore out because I was a latchkey kid, Netflix wasn't a thing and I didn't realize that it wasn't actually very good at the time.

But watching those movies you realize that the chemistry of the characters is what made it, notably Ramis, Murray and Aykroyd. Well Ramis is dead, Aykroyd might as well be (dude probably weighs 3 bills these days unless he got himself on a diet to prepare for the role) and Bill Murray essentially plays the character of Bill Murray these days. Even if he wanted to come back, I don't think he can even do that character worth a damn anymore; he's developed this level of Wes Anderson character perma-fried.

And really, who cares about Winston? Janine and Louis ain't carrying a sequel.

I just don't see how you do it in a way that anyone is going to give a rip about at this point. Surely there won't be any kind of god-awful fan-service with Egon's ghost or worse yet, his kid or grandkid as a spunky child sidekick.

Christ...Egan's grandkid is going to be in this as a spunky child sidekick, isn't he? Wait...she.

No, there was a time and place to have done this and that time has long since past. A reboot had a chance had it not been turned into typical Feig girlpower ass and the well not been poisoned by...well...girlpower ass. I can't convince myself that this is something I'll even want to see as a rental. There's just no way to do it justice at this point.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:40 PM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I feel like they missed their window by...I dunno....2 decades.

I loved Ghostbusters and watched Ghostbusters 2 until the tape wore out because I was a latchkey kid, Netflix wasn't a thing and I didn't realize that it wasn't actually very good at the time.

But watching those movies you realize that the chemistry of the characters is what made it, notably Ramis, Murray and Aykroyd. Well Ramis is dead, Aykroyd might as well be (dude probably weighs 3 bills these days unless he got himself on a diet to prepare for the role) and Bill Murray essentially plays the character of Bill Murray these days. Even if he wanted to come back, I don't think he can even do that character worth a damn anymore; he's developed this level of Wes Anderson character perma-fried.

And really, who cares about Winston? Janine and Louis ain't carrying a sequel.

I just don't see how you do it in a way that anyone is going to give a rip about at this point. Surely there won't be any kind of god-awful fan-service with Egon's ghost or worse yet, his kid or grandkid as a spunky child sidekick.

Christ...Egan's grandkid is going to be in this as a spunky child sidekick, isn't he? Wait...she.

No, there was a time and place to have done this and that time has long since past. A reboot had a chance had it not been turned into typical Feig girlpower ass and the well not been poisoned by...well...girlpower ass. I can't convince myself that this is something I'll even want to see as a rental. There's just no way to do it justice at this point.
Agree 100%

Looks like this things going to revolve around 12-13 year old kids.
Whew boy.....

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/01...sters-are-kids
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:52 PM 01-17-2019
Bad idea jeans
[Reply]
notorious 07:57 PM 01-17-2019
Trying to pull a “Stranger Things” out of their ass.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up