ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 103
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:31 PM 09-08-2018
Running game was much better once they leaned more on the pass. As long as they do that, the offense can be pretty effective. Defensive starters generally seem to have good discipline and tackling. The major fuckups have been by backups.

Still, those first three conference games are murderous. If they play well, I think they could beat South Carolina. The other two: I just want them to get through healthy.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:34 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Running game was much better once they leaned more on the pass. As long as they do that, the offense can be pretty effective. Defensive starters generally seem to have good discipline and tackling. The major ****ups have been by backups.

Still, those first three conference games are murderous. If they play well, I think they could beat South Carolina. The other two: I just want them to get through healthy.
no shot at UGA? They're talking about your QB down here a lot - I think they're concerned. I'll pull for MU all day!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:39 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Running game was much better once they leaned more on the pass. As long as they do that, the offense can be pretty effective. Defensive starters generally seem to have good discipline and tackling. The major ****ups have been by backups.

I agree....just get thru GA and Bama without major injuries and focus on winning the rest of the schedule.

MU would have to catch lightning in a bottle to beat GA, although it is not impossible.

But I give them no chance in Tuscaloosa.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:42 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
40-13 good guys.
Thx

This team is going to have some real issues if they come out the gate dragging butt when it comes time for SEC play.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:35 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So, people were right about Derek Dooley. He’s sucks as an OC. Terrible play calling so far in this one. Mizzou should be up at least 17-0 by now . . . .
i thought Dooley did a really solid job.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:40 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
i thought Dooley did a really solid job.
Did you watch the first half?

He was, admittedly, better in the second half. I still have my doubts, though. MANY people warned us about hiring Dooley to be the OC. Color me concerned.

I guess we will see . . . . .
[Reply]
Simply Red 09-09-2018, 01:27 AM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
KChiefs1 05:26 AM 09-09-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
no shot at UGA? They're talking about your QB down here a lot - I think they're concerned. I'll pull for MU all day!

Defense is much improved which gives me hope.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 08:14 AM 09-09-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Did you watch the first half?

He was, admittedly, better in the second half. I still have my doubts, though. MANY people warned us about hiring Dooley to be the OC. Color me concerned.

I guess we will see . . . . .
600 total yards against a defense that is experienced with several that will play on Sundays...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:23 PM 09-09-2018
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
600 total yards against a defense that is experienced with several that will play on Sundays...
Wyoming has a mid-round pick and a fringe-y ST guy on that defense. A very good D for a mid-major conference, excellent for the Big XII, but not much else for major college football.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:40 PM 09-15-2018
I like the helmets tonight
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:44 PM 09-15-2018
Hall dropped any easy TD.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:45 PM 09-15-2018
Hall dropped a tougher TD.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:45 PM 09-15-2018
Not Hall's best start.