ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 103
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
bowener 07:15 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
UGA is relatively concerned about having to go to Columbia. I heard it on the radio a few times.
Why? They are stacked and their future is fucking disgusting. They are going to end up with at least 10 recruits in the top 100 this year. I think their backfield is currently average 5 stars, and I'm not actually joking. If they don't win a championship in the next 3 years it should be a disappointment.

edit:

If Odom underperforms this year, what does his future look like and what does the teams?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:33 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
My Tennessee friends are feeding me a lot of negativity about Derek Dooley. Does anyone know anything about what he did or how good he was at it before he became the Volunteers head coach?
He's a clown
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:47 AM 07-31-2018
Ouch. At Alabama on Homecoming.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:32 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Spott:
IIRC, he was the coach at Louisiana Tech before going to coach at UT right after Fulmer left. There seemed to be a lot of criticism about the hire when it happened.
The hire was made simply because UT wanted an anti-Fulmer. He was far from qualified.

He than got a lot of of shit for wearing orange slacks on gamedays, looking like a cartoon character. They still have yet to dig themselves out of the hole that he and late era Fulmer put them in.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:51 PM 07-31-2018
That's a great birthday present for me. Gettyto watch my Tigers get embarrassed by Crimson Tide. Ugh! I think that I will have better things to do on my birthday than watch that. I bet they lose by 50 points.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:13 PM 08-01-2018
Hopefully Meyer's shitshow at tOSU convinces Washington to commit to Mizzou.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:16 PM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Hopefully Meyer's shitshow at tOSU convinces Washington to commit to Mizzou.
Honestly, I think he was already coming to Mizzou.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:44 AM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
By many MANY accounts, Huepel is a massive asshole. Anybody that talks about him around town can barely stand him.

That's fine for a coordinator but it won't work for a HC.
The more I think about this I have to challenge it. You obviously live around there and follow the program more closely but an asshole in what sense? Like it would destroy recruiting? Though I'd argue Odoms recruiting has been mediocre at best.

Coaches that come to mind who were assholes: Leach, Pelini, Mangino, Miles and PJ Fleck. All had success.

I hate to bring this up but is it a campus culture thing from the protest a few years ago?

At any rate Huepel did alot with Mizzous offense and I think he has a Heisman candidate with Milton. He also has Randy Shannon as his DC. As a MU fan I'd take that over the current regime.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 08:01 AM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The more I think about this I have to challenge it. You obviously live around there and follow the program more closely but an asshole in what sense? Like it would destroy recruiting? Though I'd argue Odoms recruiting has been mediocre at best.

Coaches that come to mind who were assholes: Leach, Pelini, Mangino, Miles and PJ Fleck. All had success.

I hate to bring this up but is it a campus culture thing from the protest a few years ago?

At any rate Huepel did alot with Mizzous offense and I think he has a Heisman candidate with Milton. He also has Randy Shannon as his DC. As a MU fan I'd take that over the current regime.
A few things here. Heupel is an asshole. This is coming from a buddy of mine that was an Assistant Athletic Director while Josh was at OU. Complete douche to most people is what I am told.

As for Randy Shannon. He has not been relevant in years and there are reasons why. He fails to evolve with the times. He used to be a decent DC but is a shell of what he once was. There is a reason he is where he is.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 02:31 PM 08-02-2018

177% COMMITTED❗️#SHOWME�� pic.twitter.com/glzZwO4ugj

— Thalen Robinson (@RobintheThalen) August 2, 2018

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:36 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:

I’m not sure about his math skills.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:40 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:

What happened to the other 13%?!!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:41 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I’m not sure about his math skills.
Looks SEC-worthy to me
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 08-02-2018
I think I read that dude is something like 6'8'', 300 lbs.

That's a damn mountain of a human being...

EDIT: Okay, so the Rivals thing says 6'7'' 315; reading is fundamental. Still - that's massive.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 03:55 PM 08-02-2018

Due to everything happening in college football right now my family & I have decided it’s best I delay my commitment date and reopen my recruitment fully....

— Marcus Washington (@_MarcusW11) August 2, 2018

And now time for the nut punch
[Reply]
Page 2 of 103
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up