ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018-19 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:47 PM 04-16-2018
After a surprising, disappointing, exciting, and depressing 2017-18 that both began and ended in typical Mizzou fashion, the Tigers begin the offseason with several holes in the roster and one major recruiting target remaining.

Losses from 2017-18:
Michael Porter Jr, SF
Jordan Barnett, SF
Kassius Robertson, SG

Returning Starters:
Jontay Porter, SF/PF
Kevin Puryear, PF
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C

Returning Role Player:
Reed Nikko

Injured Role Players:
Cullen Van Leer
Mitchell Smith

Returning Suicide Vest:
Jordan Geist

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:57 PM 04-21-2018
More and more hype about Jontay being a mid 1st. Maybe he won’t be back.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:42 PM 04-21-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:

I don’t think there’s a “maybe” about it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:19 PM 04-21-2018

He gone.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:49 PM 04-21-2018
I must have been completely out of touch. I didn’t think he was that high on NBA radar yet.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:54 PM 04-21-2018
I must have been completely out of touch. I didn’t think he was that high on NBA radar yet.
He wouldn't make it past the Warriors pick.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:39 AM 04-27-2018
Not getting a Ramey to Mizzou vibe.

They got Dru Smith, the Evansville transfer, today. He’ll have two years left after sitting out.

It’s a really nice get for 2019+ (he’s a really good shooter and lead guard), but I don’t think they use that scholarship on him if they’re getting Ramey.

In that scenario, the PG situation will be Geist/Pinson. Could still be an improvement from this year at the pure PG spot, but Robertson’s contribution as a combo guard will be missed.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:18 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

They got Dru Smith, the Evansville transfer, today. He’ll have two years left after sitting out.

It’s a really nice get for 2019+ (he’s a really good shooter and lead guard), but I don’t think they use that scholarship on him if they’re getting Ramey.

In that scenario, the PG situation will be Geist/Pinson. Could still be an improvement from this year at the pure PG spot, but Robertson’s contribution as a combo guard will be missed.
Yeah,Smith means no Ramey, IMO. Two guards sitting is going to be tough.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:13 PM 04-27-2018
Smith is a great get
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 12:20 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He's deciding today, correct?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:49 PM 04-27-2018
Maybe some day we'll be able to pull recruits from our own state.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:24 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Maybe some day we'll be able to pull recruits from our own state.

Martin is changing the narrative there. Ramey had long relationships with Pitino and Shaka before Martin was ever hired at Mizzou.

Mizzou is in great shape with local targets for 2019 and beyond.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:46 AM 05-21-2018
Anyone seeing anything about Jontay coming back? I just read an article saying there were whispers that he was leaning towards coming back to have another season to develop and enter a weaker 2019 draft. I certainly won't get my hopes up, but him coming back would certainly change the narrative for the upcoming season.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:06 AM 05-21-2018
I'm hoping for that. But not holding my breath.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:29 PM 05-21-2018
If he's a first rounder, I really don't see why he'd do it. He gets a guaranteed contract and it's a year closer to his second contract, which is where he can make real money. Even if he came back and was a top five pick, he's still not going to increase his lifetime earnings unless he thinks it gives him a better shot at a second contract.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:31 AM 05-30-2018
Well I saw a tweet saying Porter has cancelled a visit with a team and is planning on returning. Let's hope that's true!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up