ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018-19 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:47 PM 04-16-2018
After a surprising, disappointing, exciting, and depressing 2017-18 that both began and ended in typical Mizzou fashion, the Tigers begin the offseason with several holes in the roster and one major recruiting target remaining.

Losses from 2017-18:
Michael Porter Jr, SF
Jordan Barnett, SF
Kassius Robertson, SG

Returning Starters:
Jontay Porter, SF/PF
Kevin Puryear, PF
Jeremiah Tilmon, F/C

Returning Role Player:
Reed Nikko

Injured Role Players:
Cullen Van Leer
Mitchell Smith

Returning Suicide Vest:
Jordan Geist

Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:27 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
NFL crews who were done for the year got some college BB gigs?
No NFL crew would ever have been this obvious in its corruption. Imagine if the Saints receiver got called for a personal foul after getting interfered with and hit H2H last week. That's the equivalent of what happened to Mizzou. They need to leave the conference.
[Reply]
Matrix 08:29 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
William Tecumseh Sherman is the greatest man in American history. I only wish he had burned more of that ****ing cesspool on his way to the sea.
I'll never forget Max Copeland saying something like that after beating Georgia in '13. Pissed the traitors off.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:31 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
NFL crews who were done for the year got some college BB gigs?
Dude, the officiating in this game made the Saints game look like an innocent accident that rarely happens
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:36 PM 01-26-2019
No NFL crew would ever have been this obvious in its corruption. Imagine if the Saints receiver got called for a personal foul after getting interfered with and hit H2H last week. That's the equivalent of what happened to Mizzou. They need to leave the conference.
Perhaps the coach could draw some attention to the problem while defending himself for doing this, and showing the evidence of why he was triggered.

Wait, they never address the "why" part....
[Reply]
patteeu 12:07 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The bald Ref fucked Geist on a call....fucked us on what should have been charging and then the foul on the rebound is fucking unbelievable bullshit...
Incredibly bad, game changing call. Maybe not quite as bad as the one that hosed the Saints, but pretty damned bad.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:27 PM 02-16-2019
I like a lot of things about Martin, but his stubborn insistence on playing two bigs consistently is really frustrating.

He’d be much better off splitting 160 minutes between Pinson, Geist, Mark Smith, Pickett, Suggs, and Watson than splitting 80 between Tilmon, Santons, Puryear, Nikko, and Mitchell Smith.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:12 AM 03-10-2019
Fan got pretty excited yesterday.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:44 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Fan got pretty excited yesterday.
Image: Not Safe for Work
Ya might want to NSFW that puppy
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 03-10-2019
For what it's worth - I really like this team.

Pinson, Pickett, Smith and Smith will be big time contributors next year with McKinney looking good as a reserve back there.

Watson, Smith and Jackson give you a solid forward corps w/ Tilmon at C.

Those guys all play their asses off and so many of them have shown excellent growth this year. Santos is largely irrelevant and I guess Nikko has become tolerable enough as a backup C (I just wish to hell Cuonzo would stop playing him at the same time as Suggs and leaving us 3 on 5 offensively).

I'd like to see one more recruiting win; 4 or a 3 would help (A new C is probably not needed just yet).

I like these guys a lot, though. They're easy to root for, they play hard and they play for each other. They spent this whole season one player away from being a 20-22 win team, IMO. You just have to think about how many of these games either came up 1 or 2 possessions short or got away from them because they didn't have a guy that could stop the bleeding like Cash could last year.

I think they're a tourney team this season with Jontay. I hate that it went down like it did, man. It would be a minor miracle if he came back for some strange reason but that seems really silly of him and there's maybe a 5% chance of it. But boy, he'd make all the difference in the world for them; they can win the conference with him back at full force.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:03 PM 03-10-2019
That LSU game swung the fucking conference. I like the fight of Cuonzo's teams, but I just checked out after that game and watched less than five minutes the rest of the year. So fucking tired of this fucking cabal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:08 PM 03-10-2019
That LSU game swung the fucking conference. I like the fight of Cuonzo's teams, but I just checked out after that game and watched less than five minutes the rest of the year. So fucking tired of this fucking cabal.
We got absolutely fisted in that game, no doubt.

I can't decide if my memory of college basketball officiating is just wrong, but I sure don't recall us gett rat-fucked as often at home as we do in the SEC. Sure, on the road we got hosed quite a bit because that's just what happens in college hoops. I never got too wound up about that because that's just basketball and we'll get it back on the other end.

But man, I feel like we take it coming and going now. And maybe we always did - maybe I don't recall it correctly. But we take so many bad calls at home now that it just drives me nuts. I mean in the Mike Anderson era we DID mug the holy fuck out of people and didn't seem to take as many cheap calls as we take now in Columbia.

And maybe if this was one of those Haith/Kermit teams full of shot-chasing transfer students who were just looking to get theirs and get gone, I'd be more cynical. But this team is just damn easy to root for and it makes it easier for them to hold my interest, even if that's frustrating as hell.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:54 PM 03-10-2019
Pinson is a player. Elite ball-handling skills and developing elite scoring skills. Needs to tighten up his defense. NBA potential.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:17 PM 03-23-2019
Jesus Christ. Jontay tore his ACL again.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-missing-18-19
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:00 PM 03-23-2019
Jesus Christ. Jontay tore his ACL again.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-missing-18-19
#MizzouThings
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:52 PM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
#MizzouThings
I think it’s a Porter thing
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up