ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 80
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
tmax63 04:16 PM 02-05-2019
I ditched Directv a month ago. I just got sick and tired of having to call them every year to "renegotiate". There were only about 3 games a year that the Chiefs weren't on the tv even out here in CO. If you paid anything at all for the package then it wasn't worth it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:44 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the only reason I have DirecTV.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:17 PM 02-05-2019
Yea, I would be fine with buying a streaming only Sunday ticket straight from Amazon.

Not that I want to give my money away, but I would be ok paying more for ST stand alone streaming from DirecTV than I do pay with the student discount. But I'm not ok with signing up for DirecTV and the only way I can get them to sell me the stand alone streaming is with the student discount. My office always has student interns.

But DirecTV doesn't work too hard to prevent this. They don't even require a confirmation from the student's email and I pay for it in my own name and credit card. So it seems they are ok taking my money.

Still, if Amazon allowed me to be entirely legit, great.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:38 PM 02-05-2019
I cancelled DTV yesterday. Fuck those losers.

Chiefs were on tv a ton anyway. Hulu Live gives me more sports channels than I was getting anyway.
[Reply]
Dunit35 05:56 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I cancelled DTV yesterday. **** those losers.

Chiefs were on tv a ton anyway. Hulu Live gives me more sports channels than I was getting anyway.
Bout to do the same. I’m on my last free month of DTV then I’m switching to Hulu live with a Roku.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:50 AM 02-06-2019
My trial with CBS All Access and my VPN worked out great. NW Arkansas likes to play Texans games over Chiefs games, so I had a couple of times where it wasn't broadcast locally. The Chargers game week 1, in fact wasn't available. No problem. I set my VPN to LA. I then opened the CBS app on my Firestick, and there it was. No need for Sunday Ticket. 6 bucks a month for the CBS app, and $5 for the VPN. However, I do already have Amazon Prime. It may be interesting to see what kind of packages they offer if they steal the Sunday ticket from DirecTV. But, more than likely, I'll just keep doing it how I'm doing it. It works just fine for me.
[Reply]
OlineDline 12:01 PM 02-06-2019
Cut the cord.

So many high quality streaming services available.

A $100 chromebook hooked up to your TV will do wonders.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:38 PM 02-16-2019
I cancelled DTV yesterday. Fuck those losers.

They never called to offer me a sweet deal. They really have changed. Our service ended last night and we started the $11.99 Hulu deal. I barely watch TV, although we likely will go Hulu live for March Madness.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:44 PM 02-16-2019
They never called to offer me a sweet deal. They really have changed. Our service ended last night and we started the $11.99 Hulu deal. I barely watch TV, although we likely will go Hulu live for March Madness.
Maybe they know they’re about to lose the NFL license.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:46 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Maybe they know they’re about to lose the NFL license.
I am sure hoping so!
[Reply]
In58men 02:58 PM 03-22-2019
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mpression=true

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:54 AM 03-23-2019
More options would be nice. But one article I read speculated that Sunday Ticket was going to be offered on Direct TV Now. You wouldn't need a satellite but would still have to sign up for 60+ channels whether you ever watched them or not in order to then pay additional money for Sunday Ticket.

It said other options might be available for mobile devices but I presume that would be lower quality.
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:09 AM 03-23-2019
We just paid our last installment bill for Sunday ticket. 6 months of my wife bitching is over! I pray it goes to Netflix or Prime. I have shitty internet but I can stream ok with those two. Streaming off a website isn’t the greatest. I’d love to ditch directv. We never watch it and only watch and record shows on local tv thru directv. If I cut the cord how can I watch and record shows on nbc, abc, cbs?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:21 AM 03-23-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
We just paid our last installment bill for Sunday ticket. 6 months of my wife bitching is over! I pray it goes to Netflix or Prime. I have shitty internet but I can stream ok with those two. Streaming off a website isn’t the greatest. I’d love to ditch directv. We never watch it and only watch and record shows on local tv thru directv. If I cut the cord how can I watch and record shows on nbc, abc, cbs?
I record my locals by using an antenna connected to my FireTV recast. It scans for your channels like your TV would. It also has a guide. I have 3 TV's in my house with Firestick on them and am able to use them to watch and record OTA channels. I love it. But, if you don't use Firestick, then maybe get a TiVo? Also, there is a thread in the media center discussing this subject.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:32 AM 03-23-2019
We left directv for YouTube tv and are saving $80 per month and it has locals and DVR
[Reply]
Page 59 of 80
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up