Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Thief.
Hammock Parties 08:22 AM 02-20-2014
:-) :-)

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:12 PM 02-25-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I dont put much stock into ign and gamespot reviews.

I prefer to go to metacritic and see what the user opinion is, and when the user opinion is flooded with 182 negative reviews something is wrong with the game...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/thief/user-reviews
Overall by critics is a 6.9, either way doesn't look good.

I'm hoping Infamous second son is good
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:15 PM 02-25-2014
Thief gameplay didn't look good
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:11 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I dont put much stock into ign and gamespot reviews.

I prefer to go to metacritic and see what the user opinion is, and when the user opinion is flooded with 182 negative reviews something is wrong with the game...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/thief/user-reviews
Game Informer is generally pretty fair, and overall they line up more often than not with metacritic scores. It appears however that a review will be in next month's issue.
[Reply]
Gonzo 07:19 AM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Overall by critics is a 6.9, either way doesn't look good.

I'm hoping Infamous second son is good
Infamous might be what finally pushes me to buy a ps4.
I loved the first two.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:46 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Infamous might be what finally pushes me to buy a ps4.
I loved the first two.
If you end up getting a ps4 and never played tomb raider, get the ps4 version of it. fun game, awesome graphics.

Similiar style to Uncharted
[Reply]
Fish 05:49 PM 02-26-2014
Original Thief was awesome, but it frustrated the hell out of me though. Admittedly, I'm not big on slow sneak-based games.

Still going to try this though.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:01 PM 02-26-2014
If anyone has gotten it let me know how it is.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 06:01 PM 02-26-2014
yea, original was a whole lotta creeping

Sound was a big part of it too, you had to have the volume cranked listening to the stupid guards talking and shit. :-)
[Reply]
Mr Luzcious 07:24 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Original Thief was awesome, but it frustrated the hell out of me though. Admittedly, I'm not big on slow sneak-based games.

Still going to try this though.
Actually I remember bounding through the levels with no repercussions. You moved so fast and the guards wouldn't follow very far. It was kind of disappointing that I could do that, really. I would typically reload and do it the proper way after.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 12:46 PM 02-27-2014
Price is dropping like a rock. I expect this to be like Tomb Raider. A good, but flawed game that under performs upon release so they panic and drop the pricing. Like, Tomb Raider, I will pick it up for $5 in a month or so.

$26

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/p...kTRnkQR3WD1RU0
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:45 PM 03-03-2014
It sucks. It's not even as good Deus Ex: HR.

http://kotaku.com/thief-the-kotaku-review-1529393950

Originally Posted by :
A city full of closed doors and dead ends, boxed in and lined with nothing but rough edges: That's Thief.P

It's hard to know quite where to begin with a shambling mediocrity such as this. It's a game that could have been great and is instead a lumpy, frumpy disappointment, outclassed on all sides by its contemporaries and struggling mightily for a foothold in a world that's moved on to better things.
Originally Posted by :
An eager player might be champing at the bit to start exploring, but reality is far less exciting than it may have seemed at first blush. The City is obstinate and confusingly designed, and its sprawl is mostly an illusion. What initially looked free and open is revealed to be locked in irons, little more than a collection of cramped corridors stacked on top of one another and placed between you and your next objective.
Originally Posted by :
The City has more dead-ends than it has escape routes. It's constantly patrolled by dangerous guards, but if they spot you, whatever chase ensues will likely be brief, ending either with Garrett cornered or with the player taking advantage of one of several ridiculous ways to exploit enemies' shonky artificial intelligence. For example, you can begin to jimmy open a window and guards will immediately stop chasing you, even if they were right on your heels. Curses, he got away! 2

[Reply]
Simply Red 06:27 PM 01-26-2019
It's okay - I'm a bigger fan of Murdered Soul Suspect - by the same studio and about the same time of release.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:27 PM 01-26-2019
not big on Stealth games
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:06 PM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
not big on Stealth games
Me either. Generally when a game even has a stealth mission i try to find a way around it using brute force.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
not big on Stealth games
I was never a big fan either until I started playing them. Now I love them.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up