ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 94
« First < 38788485868788 89909192 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:43 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't see any hint of there being anything sexual between Roland and Tom. I know they made a mention that he was never married, never had kids - but I don't see how that has anything to do with if a someone is a homosexual. I guess we'll see - you may be right - but I don't see it.
The question the show is seemingly asking us to ask is:

a) what happened to Lori between 1990 and 2015?

and

b) why is Roland pissed at something Wayne did that he didn't do or was forced to do?
[Reply]
NewChief 07:10 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't see any hint of there being anything sexual between Roland and Tom. I know they made a mention that he was never married, never had kids - but I don't see how that has anything to do with if a someone is a homosexual. I guess we'll see - you may be right - but I don't see it.
Stolen from elsewhere:

Roland looks insanely betrayed by Tom in the interrogation room when they think Tom might actually be the killer. That fucking scowl is menacing as hell.

-While interrogating Tom at the beginning of the episode, Wayne asks Tom again about where he was the night of the incident. Tom panics and says something along the lines of “You know where I...” then trails off. He’s looking right at Roland when he says this.

-Roland desperately wants to “clear Tom” of any involvement.

-When Hays wants to follow up on Tom being gay, he mentions going to gay clubs and that Devil’s Den was a “homo cruisin’ spot”. West replies to this by telling Hays to “fuck off”.

-2015 Roland is a bitter old man who lives alone. A far cry from how we see Roland (and his home) in 1980 and 1990.

- When Henry drives Wayne out to see him. Roland asks him if Wayne “remembers why I’m still pissed at him.” Wayne may possibly out in him in 1990 inadvertently.

- Roland bristles at Wayne’s repeated use of prison rape as a threat in interrogations. He makes sure to voice his displeasure to this each time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:44 PM 02-11-2019
Mahershala Ali is the best actor alive today. No one is better.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:36 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Ha.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:47 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You so woke!
[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 02-16-2019
Ok well the next 2 episodes are gonna be pretty intense
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 02-18-2019
Well, yeah, last nights was pretty intense.

I think I'm gonna burn my clothes in a barrel in the backyard something just to screw with my wife.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:27 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, yeah, last nights was pretty intense.

I think I'm gonna burn my clothes in a barrel in the backyard something just to screw with my wife.
I know this season has been a slow burn for people but I’ve really enjoyed it. The writing and directing is so much more developed and mature than previous seasons. Certainly doesn’t have the fireworks of S1, but I think the artistry is higher. I also think that it’s going to reward rewatching and analysis more like a piece of good literature.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:21 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I know this season has been a slow burn for people but I’ve really enjoyed it. The writing and directing is so much more developed and mature than previous seasons. Certainly doesn’t have the fireworks of S1, but I think the artistry is higher. I also think that it’s going to reward rewatching and analysis more like a piece of good literature.
Decouple the title "True Detective" and this is probably raved about truly on its own merits. IMHO.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:31 PM 02-18-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 03:53 PM 02-18-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiTown 04:12 PM 02-18-2019
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sully1983 07:11 PM 02-18-2019
god damn this season has kicked so much ass. totally awesome slow burn and I can't wait for the season finale!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:21 PM 02-18-2019
Spoiler!
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:27 PM 02-18-2019
IDK how people picked up on who was voicing Hoyt and I don't recall the photo in the plant offices being obvious enough.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 94
« First < 38788485868788 89909192 > Last »
Up