ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 94
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Brock 11:28 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
There's something up with that bar. Like purgatory or an alternate reality of some sort, or something.

What's with Frank telling the waitress that someone murdered Velcoro? Talking to his dad there while unconscious. Always the standout art direction there. The waitress' face is messed too.
The scenes in the bar are outtakes from a scrapped David Lynch project.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:35 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
The scenes in the bar are outtakes from a scrapped David Lynch project.
It seems like that, but not really.

That said, it's pretty clear that Season 2 is taking on a Mulholland Drive/Twin Peaks vibe but I don't think it's working quite as well.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:02 AM 07-08-2015
I'm just a regular swinging dick viewer, I'll leave the analysis to the cognoscenti. I want to like this series but so far the Vaughn scenes seem stilted, like he's trying instead of being. There are a lot of moving parts that I still will watch to see if they come together. Overall it just isn't flowing yet. Maybe MM's amazing character colored it for me along with WH's flawless interplay...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 AM 07-08-2015
My opinion is that instead of creating an amazing second season that followed up on season one, (in which wouldn't likely meet expectations), they went a different direction.

I wasn't thrilled with the hiring of Vince Vaughn, Rachel McAdams or Colin Ferrell. Ferrell has been awesome. Fred Ward was perfect as his dad.

Hopefully, it all comes together.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:30 AM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I'm just a regular swinging dick viewer, I'll leave the analysis to the cognoscenti. I want to like this series but so far the Vaughn scenes seem stilted, like he's trying instead of being. There are a lot of moving parts that I still will watch to see if they come together. Overall it just isn't flowing yet. Maybe MM's amazing character colored it for me along with WH's flawless interplay...
He did disappear from the limelight after playing his hand in more serious roles specifically Norman Bates. Lucky for him, he's buddies with Ben Stiller that got him back in the comedic actor realm again.
[Reply]
Bambi 11:58 AM 07-08-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It seems like that, but not really.

That said, it's pretty clear that Season 2 is taking on a Mulholland Drive/Twin Peaks vibe but I don't think it's working quite as well.

[Reply]
1moreTRich 12:14 PM 07-09-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I can't quite decide if this is Vaughn as an actor or part of the character itself. It seems they are trying to portray his character as a kind of imposter, trying to be the big business man when really he is still just that small time boss (Stringer Bell comes to mind for Wire fans). He uses his five dollar words and is trying to do all the right things to be the legitimate, but he keeps getting sucked back down to street level, where he really belongs. He seems stilted and disjointed when he is doing his business deals, but knows just how to act when he has to get things done back down in the gutter. Just my thoughts.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:03 PM 07-12-2015
This season is veering way closer to camp than art.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:04 PM 07-12-2015
That explosion looked really fake.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:31 PM 07-12-2015
The gun fight scene was very poorly done.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:38 PM 07-12-2015
JFC could Taylor Kitcsh's character and storyline get any more cliched. Of course his gf isnt prochoice.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:59 PM 07-12-2015
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
JFC could Taylor Kitcsh's character and storyline get any more cliched. Of course his gf isnt prochoice.
His character really doesn't bring anything to the show.
[Reply]
Brock 10:15 PM 07-12-2015
It isn't good.
[Reply]
Brock 10:17 PM 07-12-2015
Give this show to Ellroy. This guy can't write TV.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:38 PM 07-12-2015
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 59 of 94
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up