ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 94
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
SAUTO 08:16 AM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
I thought he was checking to make sure it was good. The biker was quite impressed with how good it was.
exactly this. he didn't want shit, he wanted to make sure he was going to make a good impression.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:41 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Buck:
I didn't realize there were no cuts in that scene, but I do remember how watching it was very tense.
Wow me either. Very impressive.:-)
[Reply]
NewChief 10:44 PM 02-12-2014
Dude at the end of episode 3 with the gas mask in hit tighty whiteys. Wow.
[Reply]
noa 07:40 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:

De Niro has never played a role (even if the movie is crap) as badly as MMC did in Two for the Money. I get that he is choosing better roles and doing a great job recently, but De Niro's Ceiling is much, much higher and his floor is much higher as well.
Gotta disagree with this. I've seen DeNiro turn in piss poor performances in some B movies. Not arguing against his better performances, though.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by noa:
Gotta disagree with this. I've seen DeNiro turn in piss poor performances in some B movies. Not arguing against his better performances, though.
Posted via Mobile Device
I just don't see MMC ever getting close to Taxi Driver or Godfather level performances. Thats a pretty damn high bar.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:39 PM 02-13-2014
how is this indexed? or maybe - how many episodes are planned? More seasons or unsure? do we know any of this?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:51 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
how is this indexed? or maybe - how many episodes are planned? More seasons or unsure? do we know any of this?
Anthology series, so it's a self-contained story in 8 episodes. If there's another season, it will be with a different cast of characters.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:57 PM 02-13-2014
I finally found that insatiable rap track from when they're at the drug fiend's crib.

[Reply]
Simply Red 09:59 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Anthology series, so it's a self-contained story in 8 episodes. If there's another season, it will be with a different cast of characters.
I'm thinking I'll buy this - should it ever become available.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:37 PM 02-13-2014
The god damned T bone Burnett soundtrack may be the best part of an excellent show. Lucinda's "Are you Alright" when Ruston goes undercover ad starts transforming is nails.

In super interesting sideline: I work with a Ruston Cole who was a former hardass cop. Wears a ponytail and looks like a biker. The writer of this series went to college in our town. I asked "Russ" if he knew about the series and he said tons of people have been asking him if it's based on him. Said as far as he knows he never met the writer during his time in Fayeteville.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 11:26 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The god damned T bone Burnett soundtrack may be the best part of an excellent show. Lucinda's "Are you Alright" when Ruston goes undercover ad starts transforming is nails.

In super interesting sideline: I work with a Ruston Cole who was a former hardass cop. Wears a ponytail and looks like a biker. The writer of this series went to college in our town. I asked "Russ" if he knew about the series and he said tons of people have been asking him if it's based on him. Said as far as he knows he never met the writer during his time in Fayeteville.
That song slays me.
[Reply]
Brock 11:34 PM 02-13-2014
Somebody explain what cohle taking a leave of absence to visit his father means. At this juncture in the case, I mean, and then we later find out he never visited his father.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:34 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:

Does that Cohle have a nihilistic worldview too?

Although I'm not sure Cohle is as much of a nihilist as he lets on. He's displayed morality and a concern for justice at times throughout the series (in that last shootout, for example, he went out of his way to protect children). It would be interesting to know what he was like before his daughter's death and how much that experience formed his cynicism. Since the investigation in 1995, he's also seemingly gone even further down that path.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:36 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
Somebody explain what cohle taking a leave of absence to visit his father means. At this juncture in the case, I mean, and then we later find out he never visited his father.
He went deep undercover at that point. That was his cover for why he disappeared for a while and went off the grid. It's bullshit. He was really preparing to infiltrate the biker gang and didn't want the local PD interfering. Years later, he's sticking to that story in the depositions, bit we, as the audience, are privy to what actually happened.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:37 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Brock:
As I understood it, that was just a cover story to get him off the beat for a while so he could go undercover with Ginger's gang.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 94
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up