ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 57
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:02 PM 12-25-2018
FUCK AND YES. Make it's own thread and put 5 on it remix.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:36 AM 12-28-2018
Watch Bird Box, get woke

https://www.theroot.com/netflixs-bir...ont-1831345159

EDIT: As for the movie itself, IMO it's a negligible wisp of a basic cable thing. Not bad per se, just shoestring [particularly given the cast] and a little rote. It's also a bit of a Rorschach test, as evidenced by the piffle above. The 'horror'

Spoiler!

So people are primed to imprint upon it whatever suits their current obsession. A lot of it is more tension than horror, and some of it is downright laughter inducing.

I don't want to be too mean about it, because it's not aggressively horrible, but I don't think it was time well spent.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:33 PM 01-23-2019
Finally got around to seeing "hereditary" last night.

Blown away - thought the directing, pacing, cinematography (and acting) were all top-notch. legitimate scares....somewhat unpredictable....and several WTF moments.

I know some didnt like the pacing, but I thought it was very polished....intense would probably be the best way to describe it.

Got the similar dread feeling that I got watching movies like the exorcist or the shining.

Definitely spooked me and it stays with you after.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:08 AM 01-29-2019
Watched "The Monster" last night (currently streaming on Netflix). I put it on thinking this would be either:

1. Something to fall asleep to

or

2. An awesome indie monster movie.

It was neither, but it was a riveting watch.

The acting was top notch, the context was very real-world oriented. I thought it was very well made.

BUT...it is NOT a horror movie. It's barely a monster movie even though there is a physical monster that gets plenty of screen time. Judging by the trailer, Hollywood tried to sell this as another monster movie, and that's a goddamn shame because it's not.

The movie was more drama than horror. The movie was much more about the tumultuous relationship between a young mother (who struggles with alcoholism) and her young daughter. The monster component was certainly there, but more side story than main.

I thought the character development and the relationship between mother and daughter was executed to perfection. If you ever struggled with an alcoholic parent you may find that this movie hits too close to home.

If you're looking for a traditional horror movie this aint it. This movie has more depth and less gore/jump scares.

If you want a great drama with some heart breaking moments and a dash of horror/monster on the side then give this a shot.

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:40 AM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Watched "The Monster" last night (currently streaming on Netflix). I put it on thinking this would be either:

or

The acting was top notch, the context was very real-world oriented. I thought it was very well made.

BUT...it is NOT a horror movie. It's barely a monster movie even though there is a physical monster that gets plenty of screen time. Judging by the trailer, Hollywood tried to sell this as another monster movie, and that's a goddamn shame because it's not.

The movie was more drama than horror. The movie was much more about the tumultuous relationship between a young mother (who struggles with alcoholism) and her young daughter. The monster component was certainly there, but more side story than main.

I thought the character development and the relationship between mother and daughter was executed to perfection. If you ever struggled with an alcoholic parent you may find that this movie hits too close to home.

If you're looking for a traditional horror movie this aint it. This movie has more depth and less gore/jump scares.

If you want a great drama with some heart breaking moments and a dash of horror/monster on the side then give this a shot.

I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:57 PM 01-29-2019

or

Been contemplating this one, you just sold me. Will be watching it soon. Thank you!
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:21 AM 06-26-2019
This was something different from Cinepocalypse 2019.

[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:54 PM 02-21-2020
Summer of '84 was tremendous.
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:32 AM 02-22-2020
I recommend Belzebuth on Shudder (might be on netflix as well). Brutal from start to finish.
[Reply]
Fish 09:24 AM 02-22-2020

or

I tried watching this once a while back. But the Mom was such a terrible actress I turned it off after 5 minutes. Never actually saw a monster.

Might give it another try if it's actually worth it..
[Reply]
Fish 09:27 AM 02-22-2020
Another A24 movie coming out soon. Fantasy horror ish story of the Green Knight tale. Thought it looked cool, but I'm a sucker for medieval stuff..

[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:17 PM 06-24-2020
This is an old thread however I haven't seen anyone mention a sort of remake of the 1958 classic of The Fly.

The 1986 The Fly is still one of my favorite movies. I watched it again the other day and it still holds up pretty well. Having to do everything with practical effects lends a sort of realism that can't be matched with CGI.

There aren't any scare you out of your seat moments however the last 20 minutes has enough blood and gore to make up for it.

I watched a few youtube videos of the deleted scenes; personally, I think they should have kept the fusion and trash can scenes in the movie.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:52 PM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
This is an old thread however I haven't seen anyone mention a sort of remake of the 1958 classic of The Fly.

The 1986 The Fly is still one of my favorite movies. I watched it again the other day and it still holds up pretty well. Having to do everything with practical effects lends a sort of realism that can't be matched with CGI.

There aren't any scare you out of your seat moments however the last 20 minutes has enough blood and gore to make up for it.

I watched a few youtube videos of the deleted scenes; personally, I think they should have kept the fusion and trash can scenes in the movie.
one of my favorite scenes ever

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:28 AM 07-19-2020
Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made

Starts like a faux documentary about a 70s horror film that caused tragic deaths to viewers afterwards and was pulled from theaters. Then they show the purported movie. Its pretty fun and has a really nice giallo vibe that's both visual and aural. There's one crazy scene that's super disturbing. All in all its an entertaining retro horror flick. Nothing mind blowing horror wise or even scary, but rather more visually disturbing.

Its available on Prime
[Reply]
olout 09-29-2020, 05:28 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
FemdomFilmFan 05:45 AM 09-29-2020
[Reply]
Page 35 of 57
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up