ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Half Life 2, Episode 3
Bowser 11:34 AM 05-24-2009
I'm starting this thread now for no other reason than I'm like a crack addict in a crack house with no lighter in regards to waiting for this game. I may just go play through the Orange Box, yet again, to get my fix.

We can use this thread for updates, leaks, all that stuff until it gets here.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:29 PM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by loochy:
As stated earlier, go play them now.
You must go...NOW!
[Reply]
QuikSsurfer 06:44 PM 10-02-2013
Jesus fucking christ... love seeing this thread bumped...

cocksucker
[Reply]
Bowser 12:01 PM 07-05-2014
Oh, happy day! Counter-Strike co-creator Minh Le’s apparently confirmed Valve’s working on Half-Life 3. Here’s everything we know so far.

It’s happened. Speaking in an interview with goRGNtv Counter-Strike co-creator Minh Le’s confirmed that Valve is working on Half-Life 3 (at least that’s what he believes). Rumours pertaining to the game have been around forever, but let’s catch up and make sure we all know what’s what. Off we go.

•Half-Life 3 ARG talk emerged around the VGAs in 2011, but Valve quickly shooed it off.
•The biggest supposed leak related to Half-Life 3 took place in June 2012, when ValveTime got hold of what looked very much like legitimate concept art. You can look at the entire set on ValveTime if you haven’t see it already. The images heavily feature Alyx and clearly show Arctic environments and what appears to be a revisit to Xen. The site claimed the images were from Half-Life 2: Episode 3. Steam mods vouched for the art’s validity.

•September 2012 brought with it a rumour that Half-Life 3 had evolved into an open-world game readying to ship after 2013. A source claimed Half-Life 3 features had seen a “total revision” following a “very chaotic” development schedule.

•In June 2013, this image appeared, seemingly showing a list of Half-Life 3-related development files on Jira, Valve’s internal bug-tracking and management platform.

•In August 2013, Valve voice actor John Patrick Lowrie stuck his foot in it when comments surfaced claiming Valve wasn’t working on Half-Life 3. Lowrie quickly retracted the quotes, saying he’d spoken out of turn.

•In October 2013, a security breach showed what appeared to be two Half-Life 3 teams working at Valve. The core team is said to have ten members, while a further group of 46 staffers is working in an extended team.
•In late October 2013, a Half-Life 3 trademark was supposedly filed in Europe, but Valve quickly debunked it. It was a hoax.
•And then today it emerged that Counter-Strike co-creator Minh Le’s had confirmed in an interview that Valve is working on Half-Life 3. So rest easy, space fans.

Note: This is an overview of everything related to Half-Life 3 based on VG247 reporting. If you want an exhaustive collection of absolutely everything ever put on the internet about Half-Life 3, try Wikia.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/23/half...e-seen-so-far/

There are a bunch of links with the original story....
[Reply]
Bowser 12:04 PM 07-05-2014
Can it be real? I've given this up for dead....

[Reply]
007 12:55 PM 07-05-2014
yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:51 PM 07-11-2014
anyone know.....any chance in hades this'll be available on PS4? or....too soon to even ask?
[Reply]
notorious 05:25 PM 07-11-2014
Originally Posted by frankotank:
anyone know.....any chance in hades this'll be available on PS4? or....too soon to even ask?
Maybe they will release it for PS7.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:14 PM 03-20-2015
Here is your bi-annual update on why we're never getting this damned game, and why Gabe Newell is essentially the anti-Christ....

In a podcast interview with Geoff Keighley, Gabe Newell shared a brief insight into how Valve will be approaching game development in the future.

When asked how Valve intends to tackle the changing ways of storytelling in games, and finding new ways to use their characters and stories, Newell said, "I think, obviously people want to see…you know, if somebody likes Team Fortress, they like to see what we can do with Team Fortress, or Left 4 Dead, or Half Life, or everything. And so, what we are trying to do is come up with ways so that we are both…you know, we love all those games, we love all those characters, and universes, and storylines. And we have no shortage of opportunities, so we try to be a little bit strategic instead of like, okay, this is the piece of the puzzle that we can solve with this set of technologies that we have developed and this is the new piece of technology that we think is going to be generally useful…so this ties up well with this property.

you think of it, each one of our franchises represents our tool, and you just want to pick up the right tool at the right time. So Dota 2 is incredibly character rich, I mean there are like a 110 characters, so if you have problem that involves wanting to work on the aspect of having lots and lots of those strongly realized characteristics, then Dota 2 is the right place to do it.

"So, when we are thinking of the next challenges then we tend to pick the franchises that are most useful in going forward. And if we don’t have one, then obviously we have to create a new one. But you know, I get it, I'm a fan of TV shows, I'm a fan of writers, I'm a fan of movies, I'm a fan of games and I certainly understand why people are like, you know, hey I remember this awesome experience and I'm starting to get worried that I'm never going to have it again. I am fan of Terry Pratchett and he has Alzheimer’s, it’s like, Oh my god, I may never get another great discworld novel.

"So we understand it and we feel that, and we think at the end of the day, customers are going to be really happy with where we spent our time and how we have turned that into entertainment for them.

"But we are also going to build on what we learned, and we have learned a lot. We aren’t going to go all retro because there are too many interesting things that have been learned. The only reason we would go back and do a ‘super classic’ kind of product is if a whole bunch of people internally at Valve said they wanted to do it, and had a reasonable explanation for why it was. But, you know, if you wanted to do another Half Life game and you want to ignore everything we have learned in shipping Portal 2, and in shipping all the updates on the multiplayer side, that seems like a bad choice. So we will keep moving forward but that doesn’t necessarily always mean what people are worried that it mean. "

While Newell doesn't outright say it, it is pretty clear that whatever game Valve makes next, be it Half Life 3 or something else, multiplayer will be a strong aspect of it. Portal 2 had a fully-fledge co-op campaign, and with recent success with Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2, it seems unlikely that Valve will ignore that for a standard experience.

[Reply]
Bowser 09:16 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer:
Jesus fucking christ... love seeing this thread bumped...

cocksucker

[Reply]
Bowser 09:20 PM 06-19-2015

And then...

[Reply]
Bowser 09:21 PM 06-19-2015
I'll admit that I hold out hope, just a tiny scrap of hope, that this game will be announced at an E3. The internet would melt.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:04 PM 06-19-2015
It will have a dev lifecycle of Duke Nukem Forever.
[Reply]
notorious 11:34 PM 06-19-2015
Thread bumped.

Disappointment ensues.

Rinse, repeat.
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 11:34 PM 06-19-2015
Valve don't do 3's
[Reply]
007 12:09 AM 06-20-2015
Vuck Falve
[Reply]