ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Google Plus Accounts being phased out?
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:50 PM 02-01-2019
I received this in the email today:

rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=117841&stc=1&d=1549061231" border="0" alt="" class="tcattdimgresizer" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

Has anybody else received one of these? I hope they're not getting rid of Gmail. As near as I can tell, it sounds like they're ditching the "plus" feature that ties your Google account to Facebook and Youtube etc., but that's not such a big deal.

Thanks!
Attached: Your personal Google+ account is going away on April 2, 2019.png (160.4 KB) 
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:16 PM 02-01-2019
Google+ was basically Google's attempt at social networking. Nobody used it so they are shutting it down. It won't affect Mail or Drive at all.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:23 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Google+ was basically Google's attempt at social networking. Nobody used it so they are shutting it down. It won't affect Mail or Drive at all.
Sweet. Thanks!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:41 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Sweet. Thanks!
Yeah, it's a MySpace/Friendster thing, not the entire google platform.

Only thing you have to worry about is if you posted or saved content specifically to a Google+ page [vacation photos, memes, shared documents, etc], like if you'd posted it at Facebook.

For instance, AFAICT, I signed up for it when it started, logged in, and never went back once ever. So there's nothing for me to monitor or retrieve.

But as the email points out, you can have Google+ bundle all your personal content and make you a .zip download if you are worried.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, it's a MySpace/Friendster thing, not the entire google platform.

Only thing you have to worry about is if you posted or saved content specifically to a Google+ page [vacation photos, memes, shared documents, etc], like if you'd posted it at Facebook.

For instance, AFAICT, I signed up for it when it started, logged in, and never went back once ever. So there's nothing for me to monitor or retrieve.

But as the email points out, you can have Google+ bundle all your personal content and make you a .zip download if you are worried.
You signed up for it? I was opted in automatically when they started the platform. I had a Gmail account and next thing I knew, I also had a Google+ profile. I have long since deleted all things Google but I got defaulted to Google+.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:01 AM 02-02-2019
You signed up for it? I was opted in automatically when they started the platform. I had a Gmail account and next thing I knew, I also had a Google+ profile. I have long since deleted all things Google but I got defaulted to Google+.
who knows? It was years ago and I never went there. Might have entered a email and password, might have automatically been enrolled. Can't remember.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:57 PM 02-05-2019
yeah they threw me in there when it started. Never went there but once to read an article teedbuya posted there. Seemed lame to me, the platform , not the article. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 05:13 PM 02-05-2019

[Reply]
Fish 05:47 PM 02-05-2019
What's next? MySpace losing popularity?
[Reply]
Up