ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Just Saw Marty Stuart
gblowfish 10:13 PM 01-26-2019
Went to The Folly tonight to see Marty Stuart. He did a really good show with his band. The didn't play very long, just an hour and 15 minutes. After the show I was pulling my car around the front of the Folley and his band was getting on the tour bus with Marty being last in line. I pulled my car up right next to him, rolled down the window and thanked him for the show just as he was about to go up the steps. He gave me a thumbs up and said "thanks so much for y'all comin to see us." And he was gone. He's on to the next gig.
Attached: martystuart.jpg (62.6 KB) 
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:17 PM 01-26-2019
Were you driving on the sidewalk? :-9)

I do like the Folly but did he sit in a chair like so many other bands from the era?
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:20 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Were you driving on the sidewalk? :-9)

I do like the Folly but did he sit in a chair like so many other bands from the era?
No. We had just pulled out of the parking garage next to the Folley, and the way the traffic pattern works, I had to turn left in front of the theater to get where I was headed. His tour bus and trailer were parked next to the theater on the East side, and when I turned the corner it was right there, and the guys in the band, including Marty were getting on the bus. I was just doing like five miles an hour, and nobody was behind me so I just rolled up right next to the bus, rolled down the window and thanked him for a good show. It was pretty cool. He's an interesting cat. Check out this story about his collection of country & western memorabilia that's now worth millions of dollars. He's working on building a museum in his home town of Philadelphia, Mississippi:

[Reply]
gblowfish 11:21 AM 01-27-2019
His next gig is in Elko, Nevada, so they've got a drive ahead of them.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:28 PM 01-27-2019
Thanks for sharing. Really enjoy his tv show.
[Reply]
Boon 09:53 PM 01-27-2019
I have seen him twice. Last show we saw, the band did a meet and greet afterwards in the lobby. They are super nice guys and very talented. I think Marty went on the road with Lester Flatt at 12 years old and lived next door to Johnny Cash. He has become a collector of all thing related to Nashville and good country music. A good man.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:07 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Boon:
I have seen him twice. Last show we saw, the band did a meet and greet afterwards in the lobby. They are super nice guys and very talented. I think Marty went on the road with Lester Flatt at 12 years old and lived next door to Johnny Cash. He has become a collector of all thing related to Nashville and good country music. A good man.
I think I read somewhere there was more to the Cash thing. I'll look for it but I literally never heard of the guy before now.

He was married to Cindy Cash

[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:23 PM 01-27-2019
Video was good stuff. Thanks

Originally Posted by gblowfish:
No. We had just pulled out of the parking garage next to the Folley, and the way the traffic pattern works, I had to turn left in front of the theater to get where I was headed. His tour bus and trailer were parked next to the theater on the East side, and when I turned the corner it was right there, and the guys in the band, including Marty were getting on the bus. I was just doing like five miles an hour, and nobody was behind me so I just rolled up right next to the bus, rolled down the window and thanked him for a good show. It was pretty cool. He's an interesting cat. Check out this story about his collection of country & western memorabilia that's now worth millions of dollars. He's working on building a museum in his home town of Philadelphia, Mississippi:

[Reply]
R Clark 04:40 AM 01-29-2019
Played in Jc band
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:05 PM 02-03-2019
Stuart is badass.

His concept album, "The Pilgrim" is phenomenal.
[Reply]
Up