ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 601 of 3903
« First < 101501551591597598599600601 60260360460561165170111011601 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 11:14 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
I don't get the stance on funerals either. What are families supposed to do? Put them on ice?
Had a death in the family the other day. Immediate family only. 8 total. Kansas.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:16 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Had a death in the family the other day. Immediate family only. 8 total. Kansas.
Sorry to hear that Dave.
Prayers to the family
[Reply]
Fish 11:24 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
You don't need to ramp up azithromycin production by much and hydroxychloroquine production is already being ramped up as we speak.

Right now there is PLENTY in the system that could be used to treat ALL current severe/critical cases in the USA and not even blink. (you may see regional shortages in places like NY but that is a matter of shifting resources, we are talking HOURS not even days)
I honestly hope you're right. Hopefully we'll see that soon.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:24 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
That is all I was saying. That is why I put forth a scenario then asked a question. I am not really interested in defending the scenario itself, even though I have just now.

I am interested in the answer IF it played out as I put forth.

I will ask again...

What if the following scenario played out...

On Monday a significant number of doctors nationwide start prescribing HCQ+azithromycin to patients in hospital who have tested positive for Covid-19 (those who are severe/critical).

Our supplies of both hold up (this is actually likely given how readily available both are) The US also ramps up production (and taps into strategic stockpiles and military supplies) to meet any upcoming need.

After 6 days, 80%+ of all treated people are virus free.

At what point would you support lifting all the mandated restrictions and just issuing advisories and continuing Federal support for testing and recovery (both economic and medical)?

If this plays out, I can not see ANY excuse for not lifting restrictions by April 1.

As I understand it, the shutdown has two goals.

1. In the short term, we don't want a flood of patients in hospitals that will overwhelm the system and cause a number of preventable deaths.

2. It may possibly prevent some people from getting the illness, though my perception is that there's an air of inevitability here, that it won't prevent illness but rather will spread out the impact.

So let's ignore #2 and concentrate on #1.

There are two ways to keep the system from being overwhelmed. You can have fewer patients coming (via the shutdown) or you can have patients get cured and leave faster (via medication and treatment), or hopefully both. So you just have to run the numbers and if you have both weapons there'll be a spot where you no longer need the shutdown.

In fact, if the medication is extremely effective, you could conceivably not need the shutdown at all.

One wildcard, though, is that we're assuming at this point that the shutdown will keep the system from being overwhelmed, and we don't know if that's true. It's possible that the shutdown and a magic medication would still not be sufficient to keep the system from getting overwhelmed. But regardless, we know that the world will be better with both.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:27 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:

Am I supposed to make heads or tales of that?
Is it a good or bad thing?
[Reply]
jd1020 11:29 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Inconclusive?
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:31 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
As I understand it, the shutdown has two goals.

1. In the short term, we don't want a flood of patients in hospitals that will overwhelm the system and cause a number of preventable deaths.

2. It may possibly prevent some people from getting the illness, though my perception is that there's an air of inevitability here, that it won't prevent illness but rather will spread out the impact.

So let's ignore #2 and concentrate on #1.

There are two ways to keep the system from being overwhelmed. You can have fewer patients coming (via the shutdown) or you can have patients get cured and leave faster (via medication and treatment), or hopefully both. So you just have to run the numbers and if you have both weapons there'll be a spot where you no longer need the shutdown.

In fact, if the medication is extremely effective, you could conceivably not need the shutdown at all.

One wildcard, though, is that we're assuming at this point that the shutdown will keep the system from being overwhelmed, and we don't know if that's true. It's possible that the shutdown and a magic medication would still not be sufficient to keep the system from getting overwhelmed. But regardless, we know that the world will be better with both.
Well, it will be until I run out of SPAMŽ Brand Luncheon Meat.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:33 PM 03-21-2020
At this point I can just look at the poster and tell you if its a positive or negative post.

I can't imagine viewing life through the lens of OH and Discuss...JFC
[Reply]
Perspicacity 11:33 PM 03-21-2020
793 Deaths in just a day is a lot of people. I don't know how the Italy is countering the virus, but I can really tell the China did a better job.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:35 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Inconclusive?
i have no idea what all that tweet text meant?

But I like Austins thinking. I understand what he's laying down.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 11:37 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Perspicacity:
793 Deaths in just a day is a lot of people. I don't know how the Italy is countering the virus, but I can really tell the China did a better job.
The death rate in Italy is crazy. It's double whatever China had.

Luckily so far with USA we're doing good on that death rate part.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:38 PM 03-21-2020
The Chinese probably stashed a lot of deaths under categories that weren't COVID
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:40 PM 03-21-2020
China lies and cant be trusted.
Fuck them. They need to pay dearly for this shit. Every 4 years or so. Another killer bat rat virus comes from them commie bat rat eating bastards..
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:50 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
I don't get the stance on funerals either. What are families supposed to do? Put them on ice?
Funerals are a hard choice. But you don't really want a funeral to lead to more funerals.

Many if not most of the mourners I've ever seen at funerals would be in the high risk category.

If I was forced to make the choice I suppose I would consider cremation and then having a service whenever it becomes reasonably safe.

Not ideal but again bleak choices.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:53 PM 03-21-2020
China lies and cant be trusted.
**** them. They need to pay dearly for this shit. Every 4 years or so. Another killer bat rat virus comes from them commie bat rat eating bastards..
Holy shit me and Livesteam agree on something.
[Reply]
Page 601 of 3903
« First < 101501551591597598599600601 60260360460561165170111011601 > Last »
Up