ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 551 of 3903
« First < 51451501541547548549550551 55255355455556160165110511551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 11:14 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That can’t be real.
Dudes been posting a lot of BS in this thread.

To be clear, the Philadelphia Police Department is not turning a blind eye to crime. Persons who commit certain non-violent offenses will be arrested at the scene. Once their identity has been confirmed, they will be released and processed via arrest warrant. This is similar to the “summons process” that is utilized in many other counties throughout the Commonwealth. An officer still has the authority to utilize discretion, and take an offender into physical custody for immediate processing, if the officer and supervisor believe the individual poses a threat to public safety.

In order to balance this approach, personnel from several plain-clothes units have been assigned to patrol duties to increase police presence and deter crime twenty-four hours a day.

This temporary response model was implemented to protect our officers, and the communities we serve, from becoming infected or spreading Covid-19. Additionally, these protocols allow us to adjust to the changing availability of resources within other areas of the criminal justice system. To reiterate, criminal offenders will be held accountable for the crimes they commit.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2020/...al-businesses/

It's an excellent approach.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:17 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The videos of looting from Philly and San Francisco are certainly real.

As is this.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...tlaw-Memo.html

And this.
I'm not agreeing with the policy, but to be clear, the police are still responding to the above crimes. They may make the decision to issue a warrant instead of arresting on the spot for the listed crimes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:18 PM 03-20-2020
It's not bullshit, though.

Those are the "new rules."

And because of them, stores were looted and people walked out free as birds.

I guess if you want to ignore that, you can.

I'm not ignoring that, nor am I ignoring the looting that is now starting at fast food places.

The virus is scary, people are much scarier.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:19 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I'm not agreeing with the policy, but to be clear, the police are still responding to the above crimes. They may make the decision to issue a warrant instead of arresting on the spot for the listed crimes.
Yeah? They sure didn't appear to be responding in those videos.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:24 PM 03-20-2020
Is that what the policy said or not?
You said that Covid-19 is causing police to not respond, and referred to issues with California and Prop 47.

Then to justify your post, you linked a memo from Philadelphia that still doesn't back up what you posted.

The police were not there so they must not be coming?

How many times a day do you think a crime gets completed prior to police arriving?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:27 PM 03-20-2020
How long is Clay going to be allowed to muck up this thread? He's gotten multiple warnings. Boot that bitch
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:27 PM 03-20-2020
Another little something to give hope. From two days ago

A small theme park about 3 hours from Beijing opened up today for business. China is starting to return to normal. #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/8bYOTvT3tB

— Rick Norman (@slideslideimp) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
sedated 11:28 PM 03-20-2020
JFC, GoChiefs has proven to be a piece of shit troll and banned many times over, now he's starting shit again during a pandemic.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:28 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Is that what the policy said or not?
Did you read the memo?

The police have relaxed due to COVID-19, period.

This is the result.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 11:28 PM 03-20-2020
Can this asshat be relegated to DC already? Enough with this shit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:29 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
JFC, GoChiefs has proven to be a piece of shit troll and banned many times over, now he's starting shit again during a pandemic.
I'm posting things that are happening.

WTF?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:31 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Can this asshat be relegated to DC already? Enough with this shit.
I'm sorry, but this is a thread for pandemic-related news.

Looting IS HAPPENING. It's in the the freakin' news.

I'm not "starting shit." I have no idea why you don't want to read the news.

I sure do, so I share it. Please let me know if you see more news of looting. I hope it stops.

Thanks.
[Reply]
bobbything 11:31 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How long is Clay going to be allowed to muck up this thread? He's gotten multiple warnings. Boot that bitch
He’s a media whore. His last several posts show that. Shares a tweet that shows the exponential increase in confirmed cases without any context—doing little more than inciting fear. It’s irresponsible.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:33 PM 03-20-2020
I'm sorry, you all need to get over it. It's a tweet from CNN. I didn't editorialize it. Give me a break.

If it's bullshit, that's even more reason for it to be posted here, so idiots like me can receive explanations why it's bullshit.
[Reply]
sedated 11:36 PM 03-20-2020
I'm sorry, you all need to get over it. It's a tweet from CNN. Give me a break.

If it's bullshit, that's even more reason for it to be posted here, so idiots like me can receive explanations why it's bullshit.
You are just an asshole.

Confirmed many times over.
[Reply]
Page 551 of 3903
« First < 51451501541547548549550551 55255355455556160165110511551 > Last »
Up