ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 451 of 3903
« First < 351401441447448449450451 4524534544554615015519511451 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 03-19-2020
Hamas if youre around, could we prophylactically take the Malarial drug?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:54 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I am going to stay off this thread as much as possible today.

but 1 question---Why don't they just shut the NYSE down?? Isn't that too many people in one place????
I think they did? At least, shut down the trading floor
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:54 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
There's no evidence it stops viral entry and it can be dangerous for certain populations. The one study referencing it with zithromax pointed to possible resistance as well.

Given the likelihood that most are asymptomatic, I think that would be unwise decision from a population health standpoint. For those with known exposure and who have comorbidities, it may be defensible.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:54 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Keep seeing this in places like this. How is it not the lead story on every news site?
It's kind of like "someone is developing a vaccine." There are lots of drugs that are showing promise. The problem is that 1) they have to go through extensive testing before we consider them to truly be viable and 2) it takes a while to ramp up production.

Is it promising? Definitely. Is it going to change the world tomorrow? Nope. We just have to hope that the process to get some of these drugs and vaccines actually into full production and distribution goes as quickly as possible.
[Reply]
Donger 08:55 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Drink it from a condom?
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:55 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I am going to stay off this thread as much as possible today.

but 1 question---Why don't they just shut the NYSE down?? Isn't that too many people in one place????
They are moving to electronic trading only on 3.23.20....Two floor traders have tested positive. Why they haven't shut it down before now is beyond me.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There's no evidence it stops viral entry and it can be dangerous for certain populations. The one study referencing it with zithromax pointed to possible resistance as well.

Given the likelihood that most are asymptomatic, I think that would be unwise decision from a population health standpoint. For those with known exposure and who have comorbidities, it may be defensible.
That's what I was thinking.

IIRC, it essentially disrupts the viral coat and allows the zinc to fuck with the mRNA sequence proliferation. I'm way out of my area here though, but that's my recollection from therapeutics.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's kind of like "someone is developing a vaccine." There are lots of drugs that are showing promise. The problem is that 1) they have to go through extensive testing before we consider them to truly be viable and 2) it takes a while to ramp up production.

Is it promising? Definitely. Is it going to change the world tomorrow? Nope. We just have to hope that the process to get some of these drugs and vaccines actually into full production and distribution as soon as possible.
They've got the results from the French study, the French are now running a huge study and they're employing it at the university of Minnesota as of yesterday.

I'm hopeful this will help.
[Reply]
Fish 08:59 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Is it promising? Definitely. Is it going to change the world tomorrow? Nope. We just have to hope that the process to get some of these drugs and vaccines actually into full production and distribution as soon as possible.
Fortunately, they've already eliminated the normal animal testing requirements and are fast tracking just about all potential candidates.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:00 AM 03-19-2020
Keep seeing this in places like this. How is it not the lead story on every news site?
Because Iran is on there?
[Reply]
O.city 09:00 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Fortunately, they've already eliminated the normal animal testing requirements and are fast tracking just about all potential candidates.
The entirety of the scientific world is united on this.

The fucker doesn't stand a chance.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Because Iran is on there?
They have a malaria problem?
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 09:01 AM 03-19-2020
Did you click on the article?
Yes. I just said that including in statistics those countries where the spreading of the virus is unclear can be misleading.
Be it about Cloroquine, mortality rate or anything else.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:03 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
America's response is 100% on America.

Go back and read the first 10 pages of this thread. Its ugly.
Completely lack of self-reflection and accountability for being wrong is a key trait of the BIG_DADDY's of the world. It's like memento for them every day.
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Completely lack of self-reflection and accountability for being wrong is a key trait of the BIG_DADDY's of the world. It's like memento for them every day.
Look, we'll deal with that later.

Right now isn't the time. It doesn't do any good for anyone. We're gonna need each other to get thru this shit.
[Reply]
Page 451 of 3903
« First < 351401441447448449450451 4524534544554615015519511451 > Last »
Up