ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 662
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211611 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:29 AM 05-01-2011
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Gsp is boring but the dude is good
Posted via Mobile Device
See I just can't get "boring" out of him methodically beating the shit out of each and every opponent put in front of him.
[Reply]
Duck Dog 08:38 AM 05-01-2011
Gsp is boring but the dude is good
Posted via Mobile Device
Watching him jab Kos half to death for 5 rounds was not boring. I honostly don't know what people want from him. Of his 22 wins he finished 13 of them. Including TKO PJ Penn, TKO Matt Serra, submitted and TKO'd Matt Hughes.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:39 AM 05-01-2011
What 5.straight decisions? Not very exciting. Sorry guys. Pride would take some of his money
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Duck Dog 08:44 AM 05-01-2011
What 5.straight decisions? Not very exciting. Sorry guys. Pride would take some of his money
Posted via Mobile Device
You do realize that he can finish these fights if he wanted too, right? And I'm sure Dana and the Feritta Bros, pay him to keep the fight going. That's why Silva got into trouble with Dana.
[Reply]
Duck Dog 08:46 AM 05-01-2011
The Dan Hardy fight is the lone exception. He had multiple chances at breaking his arm and didn't. However I maintain Hardy's joints are made of rubber.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:46 AM 05-01-2011
Originally Posted by Duck Dog:
You do realize that he can finish these fights if he wanted too, right? And I'm sure Dana and the Feritta Bros, pay him to keep the fight going. That's why Silva got into trouble with Dana.
You are nuts if you think they want fights to go to decision. Sorry dude. That's why they have sub and ko BONUSES. I know guys personally that have fought ufc and they want the fight over.

Makes them more exciting for the fans who pay the money
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TheGuardian 09:03 AM 05-01-2011
I think GSP was looking for the knockout with that overhand right all night, but once his eye got gouged that was it. He couldn't do what he wanted to do.

The card ended up being awesome.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:54 AM 05-01-2011
I missed last nights show, last one i caught was Silva v. Belfort... :-)... what. a. letdown.

Not only was that fight a joke, but the rest of the card wasnt very hot either.
[Reply]
Duck Dog 10:38 AM 05-01-2011
You are nuts if you think they want fights to go to decision. Sorry dude. That's why they have sub and ko BONUSES. I know guys personally that have fought ufc and they want the fight over.

Makes them more exciting for the fans who pay the money
Posted via Mobile Device
My nephew is a fighter and I teach wrestling to fighters, I aint no rookie. They do not want fights to end early. They want knock outs but not in the 1st or 2nd round of a championship fight. Just ask Silva. There are very few fighters who can dictate when a fight is over. GSP is one that can.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:46 AM 05-01-2011
Originally Posted by Duck Dog:
My nephew is a fighter and I teach wrestling to fighters, I aint no rookie. They do not want fights to end early. They want knock outs but not in the 1st or 2nd round of a championship fight. Just ask Silva. There are very few fighters who can dictate when a fight is over. GSP is one that can.
Lol. Ok dude. Dana was OBVIOUSLY PISSED about several of silva's fights.
And if he can end them when he wants why doesn't he?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:03 AM 05-02-2011
I will be the first one to say GSP does not have the most exciting style, but that's a huge part of why he's so good. He takes zero unnecessary risks and he is probably the best all around fighter today. If he fights Silva he will take him down and beat him up for 25 minutes.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:12 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
If he fights Silva he will take him down and beat him up for 25 minutes.
I would like to think so but...
When Silva moves up a weight class he still looks big compared to the other fighter. I just don't think George is big enough to man handle Silva. Hope I'm worong though. I can't stand all Silva's antics.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:42 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I would like to think so but...
When Silva moves up a weight class he still looks big compared to the other fighter. I just don't think George is big enough to man handle Silva. Hope I'm worong though. I can't stand all Silva's antics.
He's only 5'11" which could ne an issue but he's so freaking talented that if Silva doesn't catch him with something crazy I think he'll be ok.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:18 AM 05-02-2011
This last fight was boring after his eye injury, but I would prefer to watch someone like him that doesn't finish as often, but is an agressor(GSP, Fitch) in a fight then a someone that just lives off being a counter puncher(Machida, Arlovski).
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:09 AM 05-02-2011
Hominick quickly became one of my absolute favorites, he's an animal.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 662
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211611 > Last »
Up