ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 208
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:39 AM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Aspartame.
:-)

b00m.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:55 PM 04-26-2015

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:56 PM 04-26-2015
I'd love for both of them to do more cardio.
[Reply]
RobBlake 08:54 PM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Aspartame.
5x a day sounds about right
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:21 PM 04-26-2015
That dude's got bitch tits and a spare tire
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:31 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
shh, lewdog can hear you ya know
[Reply]
penguinz 07:06 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It is a X-fit gym. Give them time, they will be ripped and on oxy-codone treating their back and knee injuries.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:32 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
It can be, but not if you load it up with butter.
Whats wrong with butter on it? (curious as I've been loading my homemade mashed sweet potato's with grassfed butter).
[Reply]
penguinz 10:45 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Whats wrong with butter on it? (curious as I've been loading my homemade mashed sweet potato's with grassfed butter).
If it fits into your macros it is fine. Just quickly adds a lot of calories.
[Reply]
Silock 12:20 PM 04-27-2015
Well, first there's the matter of calories. Second, ingestion of fat around the workout isn't ideal. Obviously you need fats, but they're best ingested at other times. I mean, it's not a deal breaker or anything, corn on the cob already isn't ideal post-workout because of the fiber content. Lots of fiber and fats slows absorption of the nutrients. And while it's true that the anabolic window is quite large (2 days or so), if you're exercising daily, you're going to want to keep that post workout meal as fat free as possible to maximize muscle uptake of protein and carb. Again, that's not saying that just concentrating on your overall macros isn't more important, because it is, but when you're really trying to find-tune things, quick carbs like potatoes go best in a fat free state, especially when paired with lean proteins.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:47 PM 04-27-2015
Well, first there's the matter of calories. Second, ingestion of fat around the workout isn't ideal. Obviously you need fats, but they're best ingested at other times. I mean, it's not a deal breaker or anything, corn on the cob already isn't ideal post-workout because of the fiber content. Lots of fiber and fats slows absorption of the nutrients. And while it's true that the anabolic window is quite large (2 days or so), if you're exercising daily, you're going to want to keep that post workout meal as fat free as possible to maximize muscle uptake of protein and carb. Again, that's not saying that just concentrating on your overall macros isn't more important, because it is, but when you're really trying to find-tune things, quick carbs like potatoes go best in a fat free state, especially when paired with lean proteins.
Thank you sir, great explanation! I used to drink a shake with dextrose back in the day.. but have read so much stuff lately that says that it is mostly bro-science and its more important to focus on overall nutrition. I have so much london broil in my freezer.. been pretty much having it with every meal. Steak and eggs, steak and sweet potato fries, steak and mashed.. I just dont get tired of it.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:32 PM 04-27-2015
Thank you sir, great explanation! I used to drink a shake with dextrose back in the day.. but have read so much stuff lately that says that it is mostly bro-science and its more important to focus on overall nutrition. I have so much london broil in my freezer.. been pretty much having it with every meal. Steak and eggs, steak and sweet potato fries, steak and mashed.. I just dont get tired of it.
That sounds awesome. I have a bunch of Elk in the freezer but no time to fix any of it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:28 PM 05-05-2015
The new "dad bod" craze. Thoughts?
[Reply]
el borracho 09:28 AM 05-07-2015
http://sareyko.net/leancalc/
Hmmm... might need some help with that page. I've entered age (45), weight (205lb), height (71") ok. Not sure about the "modifiers", though.

"Activity multiplier" for someone who works out 4 times a week = "moderately active"- correct?

"Calorie split" for someone looking to cut fat = "cut +10%/-30%"- correct?

With that information, this thing seems to think I have a lean body mass of just 137lbs (sounds way low) and a bodyfat of 33.15% (sounds way high). What am I doing wrong?
[Reply]
el borracho 09:29 AM 05-07-2015
Oh, and any advice on turning recommended macros into an actual diet?
[Reply]
Page 105 of 208
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up