ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1780 of 4873
« First < 780128016801730177017761777177817791780 178117821783178417901830188022802780 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:52 AM 05-22-2018
I think Mahomes has tremendous upside... hopefully, he's everything that everyone here hopes he can be. I'm curious if expecations are set right with some, but again - it's all due to the desire to have a drafted home grown QB do well. So, I get it.

Mahomes has a lot of talent around him, he's set up for success, but he will have some ups and downs. If you guys are patient - I think you'll be happy in the long run.

I know much of what's posted in this thread is to drive some crazy, but I would imagine that most are fairly realistic with their expectations. It takes time for QBs to reach that elite level of consistent great production and wins.

I'm curious to see what he does, obviously and wish him the best.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:06 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I think Mahomes has tremendous upside... hopefully, he's everything that everyone here hopes he can be. I'm curious if expecations are set right with some, but again - it's all due to the desire to have a drafted home grown QB do well. So, I get it.

I'm curious to see what he does, obviously and wish him the best.
I'll happily eat crow...I wanted KC to draft a LB (they ultimately signed Ragland). I wasn't happy about the Chiefs moving up for what a lot of pundits viewed as a project QB.

He blew me away in preseason...and I was being hyper-critical of him. I went into it saying "ok, prove to me you are worth a shit"....then I left thinking "this dude looks like a star". So I'm happy to be completely wrong...

and NO...you do not want KC to have an elite QB for a decade. Cut the crap..:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:11 AM 05-22-2018
There is that PA "friendly" mule tool shtick
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:17 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'll happily eat crow...I wanted KC to draft a LB (they ultimately signed Ragland). I wasn't happy about the Chiefs moving up for what a lot of pundits viewed as a project QB.

He blew me away in preseason...and I was being hyper-critical of him. I went into it saying "ok, prove to me you are worth a shit"....then I left thinking "this dude looks like a star". So I'm happy to be completely wrong...

and NO...you do not want KC to have an elite QB for a decade. Cut the crap..:-)
Think whatever you like... I do enjoy talking trash, but I've said this many times. I don't have some deep hatred that makes me wish that fans of rival teams toil in misery forever. I like watching football. I'm a fan of passing attacks. If KC has found one of the next great QBs, I'll enjoy watching him play and hope Denver pounds him into the ground.

This isn't a passive aggressive double reverse mojo statement. I have a few good friends that are life-long Chiefs' fans and I'd have no problem watching them enjoy great success. Most of you have waited for this moment and have fought through some fairly miserable years with KC. You've earned the right to watch your team win SBs.

All that being said... I'll never cheer for it, but if it happens - it happens and I'll be happy for you guys and take all the bullsh that comes my way for Denver not getting there. It's all part of being a fan.

The NFL needs top young QBs to step up...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:23 AM 05-22-2018
Buuuuuuuullllshit
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:27 AM 05-22-2018

The NFL needs top young QBs to step up...
Still cant believe Horseface passed on Rosen...all the things I listed about about a rookie showing "flashes"...Lynch has shown none of that and it's year 3. He looks lost...his ceiling is an average back-up like Osweiler.

His ego couldn't admit he traded up for a bust....and they are way behind the curve on developing a young QB now.

Swag Kelly doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a franchise QB...you dont just become intelligent overnight. The guy seriously had a beer gut in the off-season...WTF, you are a pro athlete with dietitians and trainers...and trying to make a team.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:36 AM 05-22-2018
Well the good news is that even if I "wished the best" for Denver, their roster is so bad that all you can do is laugh at it
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:39 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Buuuuuuuullllshit
Believe what you like, I don't care.

Still cant believe Horseface passed on Rosen...all the things I listed about about a rookie showing "flashes"...Lynch has shown none of that and it's year 3. He looks lost...his ceiling is an average back-up like Osweiler.

His ego couldn't admit he traded up for a bust....and they are way behind the curve on developing a young QB now.

Swag Kelly doesn't have the mental fortitude to be a franchise QB...you dont just become intelligent overnight. The guy seriously had a beer gut in the off-season...WTF, you are a pro athlete with dietitians and trainers...and trying to make a team.
We'll find out in a few years if they screwed up.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:41 AM 05-22-2018
We've already found out. Form a damn opinion for once. WE'LL SEE!!!!!! is a cop out
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:45 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
We've already found out. Form a damn opinion for once. WE'LL SEE!!!!!! is a cop out
What have we found out about Rosen?
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:48 AM 05-22-2018
We'll find out in a few years if they screwed up.
They screwed up...there is no doubt in my mind.

When you're drafting 5th without a future QB....you take one, always.

Chubb will be a good player...but it was a weak class for his position. I dont think he broke 10 sacks a season...Ray had 14.5 coming out, Clowney had 13.5, Watt had 21....Miller 17.

He's not a sack artist...and Denver really didn't need him. Ray was hurt last year...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:50 AM 05-22-2018
They screwed up...there is no doubt in my mind.

When you're drafting 5th without a future QB....you take one, always.

Chubb will be a good player...but is was a weak class for his position. I dont think he broke 10 sacks a season...Ray had 14.5 coming out, Clowney had 13.5, Watt had 21.
Yes because we know that quarterbacks selected that High never fail.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:00 AM 05-22-2018
Meatball... my opinion is that I was not all that impressed with the QBs. I was fine with them going elsewhere. I would have preferred them trading with Buf, but it didn’t happen. My opinion on the QBs drafted... one, maybe two will prove worthy of the high pick. They screwed up with Lynch, no doubt.

Rosen? He has proven nothing yet and many questioned him. So yeah, we will see. And that’s not an opinion, that’s a fact.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:02 AM 05-22-2018
Yes because we know that quarterbacks selected that High never fail.
He was considered the best pocket passer in a class where 5 QBs were taken early...accuracy was his strong point. You cant teach that...and Denver was in a perfect position to let him sit for a year.

I'm still kind of dumbfounded that Horseface didn't see the opportunity.

Keesum is a stop-gap...illustrated by only a 2 year deal.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:04 AM 05-22-2018
He was considered the best pocket passer in a class where 5 QBs were taken early...accuracy was his strong point. You cant teach that...and Denver was in a perfect position to let him sit for a year.

I'm still kind of dumbfounded that Horseface didn't see the opportunity.
I’m not disagreeing or saying your comments don’t have merit. I have no regrets, in time, maybe they’re proven to have made a terrible mistake.
[Reply]
Page 1780 of 4873
« First < 780128016801730177017761777177817791780 178117821783178417901830188022802780 > Last »
Up