ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 270
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
srvy 01:59 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:06 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Oh yeah baby
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:07 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So the Cowboys are gonna break Zeke off. They're gonna pay Dak and Amari too, so you gotta think Byron Jones and or Jaylon Smith will shake loose in FA.

If they were interested, would you send a pick for one of them?
Id send a 2nd for each...

Maybe a 1st for Smith
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:12 PM 07-30-2019

Everyone gets enamored with the arm strength...but these are the plays that have me shaking my head with @PatrickMahomes.

Free rusher, out of rhythm, feet out of place, bracket coverage...dime.

Twitter, go ahead and rate this throw. pic.twitter.com/RrsiN31UNW

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) July 30, 2019

[Reply]
SAUTO 02:13 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
True.

But if you can't sign one and tag the other (they can't) you may lose one for nothing. If that's the case and you like who's behind him, well, trade him.

Same thing with Jones.
And they have another guy, his name escapes me, who is hurt alot but plays well when he's not, they may move an ilb.
[Reply]
O.city 02:13 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Id send a 2nd for each...

Maybe a 1st for Smith
I would. Problem is you have to pay them once you do that and we just don't have the spot for that deal.

That's why IMO, PP was the perfect target at CB because he was under a decent deal for a few years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM 07-30-2019
That's like that little flick he did to Kelce at the sideline, I think against the Jags. Was completely off sequence and had no room at all so the dude stood stock still and wristed one into a tiny window at the boundary.

Yeah, "wait until they get film on him..."

Dude has GOAT ability, man. Just unreal shit.

EDIT:

Here's the throw. It was an incredible pain in the ass to find because it was like the 30th best throw he made this year.

Fucking freak, man.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/patrick...r-30-yard-gain
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:14 PM 07-30-2019
yup

we have a demigod

we are going to destroy teams
[Reply]
O.city 02:14 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
And they have another guy, his name escapes me, who is hurt alot but plays well when he's not, they may move an ilb.
Sean Lee.

I can't imagine they'd move Smith over Lee, but Jerry is a wildcard I guess.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:14 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wasn't gruden pumping him pretty heavily in the draft as well? That was his last draft class as a talking head, right? He did the QB school with Mahomes in that draft.

I know we had a couple of folks 'round here on the draft forum that loved him for some weird ass reason.

That dude's awful.
I think people around here were convinced after all these years that the Chiefs and Andy Reid weren't interested in trying to draft a QB from the top of a draft class with the intent of making him into a starter. And they also believed Andy Reid preferred QBs in the Alex Smith mold-- smart guys who could handle all the crap in the playbook with excellent short-mid accuracy who would take care of the football and let the pieces on offense make plays for him. So dorky Peterman comes along and people immediately thought, "Well, there's Andy's guy!"

Gruden loved him on that show because he believed he was really smart and had that one gutsy win against Clemson. And yeah, given what Gruden asked him to do on the show, Peterman was impressive for him.

Thankfully, I'm sure Andy also had nice things to say about Peterman, but probably didn't give a shit at all about him as soon as he encountered Mahomes pre-draft.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:17 PM 07-30-2019
Imagine Pat throwing a 20 yard TD left handed

Patrick Mahomes told @nfldraftscout he can almost hit the crossbar from 35 yards out throwing left-handed ��

(via @sticktofootball) pic.twitter.com/xqoTYHV0E4

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) July 30, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 02:17 PM 07-30-2019
Brooke Pryor

@bepryor
Listening back to Steve Spagnuolo's interview from this afternoon: one interesting note he brought up was that Chris Jones was around after the coaches' 9:35pm staff meeting to grab Brendan Daly to get in extra work.

Jones is clearly focused on catching up on what he missed.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:17 PM 07-30-2019
Bitch
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:21 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, "wait until they get film on him..."
:-) "Film".

hahaha.

I mean, i get it. The pundits needs SOMETHING to talk about. They're not ready to anoint him just yet. Go ahead pundits, go through the motions. By the end of the season even the "film" bullshit will be dead.

Film aint stopping throws like that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:21 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Dan Orlovsky had a nice response to this:

“The reality is this
1) private coaching can’t teach this
2) it’s an uncoachable trait
3) there’s only so many people on earth that can do it

Great/special/elite manifest themselves differently-this is one of those ways.“
[Reply]
Page 91 of 270