Page 21 of 45
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Seahawks
Hammock Parties 10:54 PM 12-13-2018
*gulp*

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:05 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
If Bal and KC win, is KC the number 1 seed regardless of these results (LAC win at Denver, Oak win at KC, Hou win at Eagles and vs Jax)?
I believe that's the case. But I'm not 100% sure tbh.
[Reply]
tboss-27 07:18 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
If Bal and KC win, is KC the number 1 seed regardless of these results (LAC win at Denver, Oak win at KC, Hou win at Eagles and vs Jax)?
No, that's not correct. If BAL and KC win next week but LAC and OAK win in week 17, LAC is the 1 seed and we are the 5. Next week doesn't matter at all if BAL wins. Week 17 absolutely matters (division and conference record tie breakers).
[Reply]
Spott 07:26 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by tboss-27:
No, that's not correct. If BAL and KC win next week but LAC and OAK win in week 17, LAC is the 1 seed and we are the 5. Next week doesn't matter at all if BAL wins. Week 17 absolutely matters (division and conference record tie breakers).
In that scenario, it would go to the common games tie-breaker between the Chiefs and Chargers.

Edit: The Chiefs currently hold the edge in that tiebreaker as well as they are 9-1 in common games and the Chargers are 8-2. The last two games for each team are also common games, which means the Chiefs own every tiebreaker over the Chargers. So a Baltimore win and a Chiefs win next week would give the Chiefs HFA.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:26 PM 12-16-2018
How would LAC be the number one seed when we'd be tied In the division and head to head? In that scenario wouldn't we have the advantage of beating more AFC teams than them? We'd be leading that nine to eight.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:27 PM 12-16-2018
If we win next week and the Chargers lose, we win the West. Then if we beat Oakland, we're the one seed. If we were to lose to Oakland and the Texans win out, the tiebreaker for HFA would come down to strength of victory, which I haven't looked at to see who's ahead in that category.
[Reply]
FAX 07:28 PM 12-16-2018
Mmmmm ...

I don't think that's quite correct, there. I think you may have the tie-breaker situation a little convoluted.

FAX
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:29 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Spott:
In that scenario, it would go to the common games tie-breaker between the Chiefs and Chargers.
Which the Chiefs would hold the advantage thus winning the West.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:30 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
If we win next week and the Chargers lose, we win the West. Then if we were to lose to Oakland and the Texans win out, the tiebreaker for HFA would come down to strength of victory, which I haven't looked at to see who's ahead in that category.
Tie breaker is AFC record if still tied then common games
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:30 PM 12-16-2018
That's not true. Next week would still matter because if we beat SEA, we have scenarios where losing to OAK wouldn't cripple us. If we lose to SEA then losing to OAK is guaranteed to cripple us.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:31 PM 12-16-2018
The playoff machine drops us to #5 if we beat Seattle and lose to Oakland with LAC losing to Baltimore and beating Denver.
[Reply]
Coach 07:32 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The playoff machine drops us to #5 if we beat Seattle and lose to Oakland with LAC losing to Baltimore and beating Denver.
Not what I'm seeing.

I used that scenario where KC wins, and LA lost, KC has the division.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:33 PM 12-16-2018
We're winning the next 5 games
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:35 PM 12-16-2018
That would tie us in division record and hurt us in common games since LA swept OAK. Conference record would be tied. I guess we lose common games although that doesn't seem right? Or strength of victory.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12-16-2018, 07:35 PM
This message has been deleted by pugsnotdrugs19.
CasselGotPeedOn 07:36 PM 12-16-2018
It's wrong then. We'd have a better record in common games.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:38 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
That would tie us in division record and hurt us in common games since LA swept OAK. Conference record would be tied. I guess we lose common games although that doesn't seem right? Or strength of victory.
They also lost to Denver
[Reply]
Page 21 of 45
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up