ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 103
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Matrix 02:03 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
And PATRICK ****ING MAHOMES!
Absolutely !
[Reply]
Matrix 02:04 PM 01-31-2019
There could be some hope in this: https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/stat...36860275515392
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:16 PM 01-31-2019
I would bet just about anything that there is someone with a personal/rival bias on the penalty side.

IF that is the case, things could get really interesting.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:20 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Matrix:
There could be some hope in this: https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/stat...36860275515392
It may help with the appeal a little, but I’m not holding my breath. NCAA has a history of enforcing minor crap with heavy consequences against schools that it doesn’t see as ‘necessary’. It’s why they’ve looked the other way with some schools (UNC), minor slap on the wrist for some (LSU), and outright obliviousness with others. Both of the above were far worse with academic fraud then anything that happened at Mizzou with this latest deal.

It’s why the NCAA is seen as a complete joke and a corrupt organization. I hope Sterk takes em down to the mat and attempts to bury them with all their hypocrisy. Get it into federal court if you have to. Put the NCAA on blast and tell all that schools are finally done with this bullshit.

Some program has needed to do it for years, but no one has had the balls to take it all the way. Might as well be Mizzou. I mean, what have they got to lose at this point?

Go big or go home . . . . .
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:44 PM 01-31-2019

Imma just say this.. she was my tutor and barely helped me so im confused. Literally had to switch tutors

— Kentrell Brothers (@Kentrell_Mizzou) January 31, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:45 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I would bet just about anything that there is someone with a personal/rival bias on the penalty side.

IF that is the case, things could get really interesting.

Just gonna leave this here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:50 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Clearly not his English tutor . . . . .
[Reply]
Matrix 04:18 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
It may help with the appeal a little, but I’m not holding my breath. NCAA has a history of enforcing minor crap with heavy consequences against schools that it doesn’t see as ‘necessary’. It’s why they’ve looked the other way with some schools (UNC), minor slap on the wrist for some (LSU), and outright obliviousness with others. Both of the above were far worse with academic fraud then anything that happened at Mizzou with this latest deal.

It’s why the NCAA is seen as a complete joke and a corrupt organization. I hope Sterk takes em down to the mat and attempts to bury them with all their hypocrisy. Get it into federal court if you have to. Put the NCAA on blast and tell all that schools are finally done with this bullshit.

Some program has needed to do it for years, but no one has had the balls to take it all the way. Might as well be Mizzou. I mean, what have they got to lose at this point?

Go big or go home . . . . .
Amen. The state of MO will be seeing the courtroom a lot this year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:46 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Matrix:
Cursed school.

Thank god this state has the St. Louis Cardinals.
Or the Royals who have actually won a more recent championship.
[Reply]
Matrix 05:51 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Or the Royals who have actually won a more recent championship.
Yes, but I'm talking about consistent winning...and the Cardinals are the only sports organization in this state to have done that.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:30 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:

Just gonna leave this here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skin that slimy fucker alive. NCAA needs the FIFA treatment.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:06 PM 01-31-2019
While I'm sure yall would take great enjoyment in this happening to my team I'll be real with you. You guys got fucked. This is the last thing MU needs.

The fucked up thing is the year KU won the title I had a friend who was a tutor and did shit for Arthur all the time. Shit Rush paid people to do his hw.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:48 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not sure Mizzou could've shown up to the hearing and confessed to ordering a code red and been worse off.

Seriously - this is simply a wholesale repudiation of any kind of defense Mizzou put forward. Had Mizzou come out and said "yeah, Odom, Jamieson and Earleywine were all telling tutors to do the coursework at the guidance of Jim Sterk" I'm not sure the penalties would've been any more severe.

1 tutor and 12 kids over 3 sports and they drop a fucking hammer. I really don't get it. That's remarkably draconian for what amounts to relatively minor academic eligibility crap. When you look at the shady shit all these teams do to get kids eligible to sign to begin with and the NCAA looks the other way, it blows my mind that they put Mizzou on blast for this.

I'm not even mad as much as I'm just damn puzzled.
:-)

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - this is so ludicrous that I can't even get mad. It is just outright hilarious.

Lie for over a decade, get caught and defend yourselves on the grounds that "We didn't violate our academic standards because we don't actually have any..." and you're golden.

Fucking self report and say "yes, she violated our academic standards but against the training she was provided and without express direction from anyone associated with the University of Missouri" and you get a 3-sport post-season ban.

Even Kansas fans have to look at this one and shake their heads. I mean it truly is just unreal.
Yeah, as a KU fan, I mean fuck Mizzou and all, but Christ almighty what a joke this is after MU literally got fucking nothing.

I mean, Christ.

All I can say is, Sorry guys. Fuck the NCAA
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:56 PM 01-31-2019
You should see the tweets from the cunt tutor.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:02 AM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
You should see the tweets from the **** tutor.
Post em please.

I hate Missouri - but I feel like you guys got screwed.

You have to be a Blue Blood. Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Kansas, UK, Duke, UNC. They'll all be fine.

We run this shit.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 103
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103 >
Up