ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 103
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 06:54 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Yes it was. The defender pushed the WR out of bounds.

I am sorry, Mizzou fans.
The offensive player initiated the contact. Offensive pass interference or no call.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 06:57 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Yes it was. The defender pushed the WR out of bounds.

I am sorry, Mizzou fans.
But that call didn’t lose the game. The call to throw the fucking ball on 3rd and 2 lost the game. The inability to not get a single fucking first down in the second half, lost the game. Dooley and Odom both showed they don’t belong in the SEC or at Mizzou. The PI call was weak and shouldn’t have been called by an official not in position to call the penalty. But that penalty didn’t cause the game. A lot else did.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:02 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Odom doesnt run the offense.

But his hand-picked coordinator was incompetent as ****, that's for sure. And barry gets to own that
Told you Huepel should have been the HC!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:07 PM 10-27-2018
Well that's about enough of that.

Cant get the money back that I plowed into season tickets but that's a dunk cost. I damn sure dont have to waste any more time.

Time to move on.

Time to invest in Chiefs season tickets. The next 15-20 years should be epic.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 07:08 PM 10-27-2018
Odom doesnt run the offense.

But his hand-picked coordinator was incompetent as fuck, that's for sure. And barry gets to own that
And what is worse, he defended that dumb fucks decision to throw on 3rd and 2
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:08 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Derek Dooley deserves to be kicked in the dick and Barry Odom needs to be fired for being complete and utter ****ing idiots. And Drew Lock is not an NFL quarterback. I wouldn’t touch him if I was an NFL GM
Well that's about enough of that.

Cant get the money back that I plowed into season tickets but that's a dunk cost. I damn sure dont have to waste any more time.

Proper coaching and preparation has this team 7-1. Instead they're 4-4. I'm just done with this program. Odom failed miserably against Georgia and allowed Dooley to murder us against SC and KY. I badly wanted Odom to succeed but he took over WAY too much talent, its gotten worse under his watch, the incoming talent isn't as good as what he inherited and his record has been mediocre to poor. He had his shot and a fair chance to succeed.

Time to move on.
All of this.

I’ve melted down tonight, I’ve made enemies on Rock M Nation and I’m drinking heavily.

I’m just fucking done with Odom. I hope MU draws 15,000 a game the rest of the way, forcing Sterk to make a business decision. That south end zone isn’t going to suck its own dick.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:08 PM 10-27-2018
Are they fired yet?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:12 PM 10-27-2018
Lock has like what, 1 paasing TD after 4 conference games? I think at some point it just has to be accepted that he's overrated and has been outplayed by some marginal QB's playing for subpar coaches.

Odom has some key veteran players in place, weapons on Offense and another set of hand picked coordinators and he's going to barely scrape out 6 wins. Maybe. It's time to clean house.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:49 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
The offensive player initiated the contact. Offensive pass interference or no call.
https://twitter.com/paigetmurphy/sta...384087040?s=19

There's no defending that. It isn't DPI by any reasonable interpretation of the rule. The defender had better position the whole time and never did anything more than attempt to hold his ground while being mauled.

It was truly one of the worst DPI calls I've ever seen and probably still only the third worst call against Mizzou tonight.

It was absolute garbage.

And I still don't care. It shouldn't have ever come to that.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:01 PM 10-27-2018
Three quick thoughts:

1) Lock has played his way from the first to the fifth round during conference play. He's got a strong arm and size, but no discernible skills that show he's capable of playing QB at a high level. He's Nathan Peterman.

2) The refs have been horrific against Mizzou in conference play, but it should have never come to them deciding that game or the game against South Carolina

3) I think you can generally interpret if someone is going to fail as a coach/executive very early on. If they have to have their guys or their system, they're an ideologue, not a coach. Pioli was that way, and his incompetence was proven in short order. Odom did the same thing. He took the one thing that Missouri was good at on defense--rushing the passer--and neutered the scheme, not realizing that you can't build a good D-I defense without elite talent. The Demontie Cross hire and scheme change was a blinking red light. Couple that with a complete inability to understand simplistic aspects of game management and it's abundantly clear that he's a stooge that should be coaching linebackers in short order, because anything more than that is too much responsibility for him. He was handed talent, flushed it, couldn't replace any of it despite having the good fortune of the best in-state talent of the last generation during the '18 cycle, and he's still below .500 for his career. He sucks.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:06 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Told you Huepel should have been the HC!
He’s certainly better than frost.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:26 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Three quick thoughts:

1) Lock has played his way from the first to the fifth round during conference play. He's got a strong arm and size, but no discernible skills that show he's capable of playing QB at a high level. He's Nathan Peterman.

2) The refs have been horrific against Mizzou in conference play, but it should have never come to them deciding that game or the game against South Carolina

3) I think you can generally interpret if someone is going to fail as a coach/executive very early on. If they have to have their guys or their system, they're an ideologue, not a coach. Pioli was that way, and his incompetence was proven in short order. Odom did the same thing. He took the one thing that Missouri was good at on defense--rushing the passer--and neutered the scheme, not realizing that you can't build a good D-I defense without elite talent. The Demontie Cross hire and scheme change was a blinking red light. Couple that with a complete inability to understand simplistic aspects of game management and it's abundantly clear that he's a stooge that should be coaching linebackers in short order, because anything more than that is too much responsibility for him. He was handed talent, flushed it, couldn't replace any of it despite having the good fortune of the best in-state talent of the last generation during the '18 cycle, and he's still below .500 for his career. He sucks.
You can't go 8 straight possessions and not get a 1st down on 3rd & 2 several times. Especially when the game is on the line. They obviously didn't want to put the game in Lock's hands and when they were forced too on 3rd & 2, not only was it a shit play call, he fucked it up about as bad as you could but throwing it away.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:37 PM 10-27-2018
Scott Satterfield. Thoughts?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:47 PM 10-27-2018
Sterk needs to do every single thing he can possibly think of to pull Jeff Brohm away from Purdue.

Cover the buyout, overpay him and his staff, whatever. He needs to land a splash here.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:48 PM 10-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He’s certainly better than frost.
Where’s your crow from last year saying Mizzou is better than Kentucky?
[Reply]
Page 48 of 103
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Up