ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:11 AM 03-03-2020
I still miss Mad Max he made me laugh so much.

This sucks.

Potato.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:42 AM 03-03-2020
RIP, brother. Loved your passion. Condolences to his wife.

Let this be a sad reminder to take better care of yourselves, ya'll.
[Reply]
luv 08:05 AM 03-03-2020
His wife left a very moving post on his Facebook page yesterday. Moved me to tears. She knew she was loved, and that's what matters most.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I know this might sound morbid but I think it's time for CP to start a new section titled: "In Memory" for all the CP members who we know have passed with their user name, date they joined, date they passed, their age and a great thread to remind us of them along with any info about their memorial.

While it might be a downer for some, celebrating someone's life and the good things we remember about them on some anonymous internet board is a pretty remarkable thing when you really get right down into it. I think 99.5% of everyone here really likes each other regardless of our creed, race, color, or religion, standing in life or other differences,

I like to be reminded about people like Lonewolf Ed who shared his brave battle with cancer with all of us and never lost his sense of humor. Now we have FMB with his Beetus Battle and Food threads.

Just a thought......:-)
Maybe a sub section in the Hall of Classics where we put the RIP threads, like this one, saying our goodbyes and our positive interactions with the CP'r who has passed on.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
His wife left a very moving post on his Facebook page yesterday. Moved me to tears. She knew she was loved, and that's what matters most.
That was fantastic. Raw emotion. Since she posted it on Facebook. Wonder if it can be posted in this thread too?
[Reply]
luv 08:45 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That was fantastic. Raw emotion. Since she posted it on Facebook. Wonder if it can be posted in this thread too?
I thought of that, but thought against it. Just didn't feel it was my place. I wanted to mention it without specifics because it just seemed really personal, but it says so much about his character.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:30 AM 03-03-2020
Any way to cut-and-paste it without giving up her identity? I'd love to read it.
[Reply]
KCwolf 09:34 AM 03-03-2020
You will be missed ... RIP
[Reply]
Pushead2 09:38 AM 03-03-2020
Godspeed FMB.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:41 AM 03-03-2020
I thought of that, but thought against it. Just didn't feel it was my place. I wanted to mention it without specifics because it just seemed really personal, but it says so much about his character.
Yeah, I wouldn't feel comfortable because we weren't that close on Facebook. Maybe someone who was closer can ask. Surely she knows about Chiefsplanet?:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:52 AM 03-03-2020
Well this is really shitty to learn about.

Loved reading his food threads, and actually just bought a smoker a few weeks ago due to his posts.

RIP
[Reply]
Rausch 10:35 AM 03-03-2020
RIP man.
[Reply]
luv 10:42 AM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Any way to cut-and-paste it without giving up her identity? I'd love to read it.
I guess there's no harm in that. It was "signed" but I left that part off.
Attached: Screenshot_20200303-103923_Facebook.jpg (170.1 KB) 
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:17 AM 03-03-2020
I guess there's no harm in that. It was "signed" but I left that part off.
Touching.

Thanks so much for posting this.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:25 AM 03-03-2020
That's as good a eulogy as a person can hope for. Very nice.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up