ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
In Memoriam>Sad News, Psyko Tek was a long time member here
RaidersFan 06:26 PM 10-19-2017
He died last night in his sleep. I thought I should let you know. I will log into his account later this week, to close it out. Our game is tonight. we were going to watch it together, like we always do.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:02 AM 10-21-2017
RIP
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:12 AM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I just sprained one of my canines a bit and couldn't make it through the night without it waking me up just from being touched. Can't imagine what an abscessed tooth would feel like.
Needed a root canal 6-7 years ago, and the lead up to it was an All Timer

Apply all the Anbesol you want, but at some point it wont do you a damn bit of good... gonna have to go see the doc no matter what
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:50 AM 10-21-2017
RIP. Will be missed.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:19 AM 10-21-2017
Thanks for the news.

My condolences. RIP
[Reply]
old_geezer 08:24 AM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
There is no pushing through a tooth infection, the sleepless torture is only going to increase thats for sure... the pain might even kill you before the actual infection does
Sad to hear about Psyko; my prayers to his family. Regarding the tooth infection that reminds me of my younger days. I was a mail carrier back then and I had an infected tooth. It hurt so bad I stopped at my house (luckily on the route) and heated a sewing needle and punctured the puss pocket above the tooth. The tooth drained out and there was immediate relief and I returned to the route. The tooth actually died and dropped lower than the rest of my teeth but nothing else. That was over 40 years ago. l guess I got lucky.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:37 PM 10-21-2017
Prayers for him.
Condolences to his family and friends.
May he rest in peace.
[Reply]
scho63 12:49 PM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
This last year has been brutal for CP members passing, all in their late 40's early 50's!

- BigMeatball Dave
- Saccapoo
- Lonewolf Ed
- PsykoTek

I hope I didn't forget the memory of one of our dearly departed members.

All great guys
Sadly I need to add mikey23545 to this list....looks like he passed last year from complications of diabetes. Sorry for the oversight.

5 deaths in one year and as the age of us old farts keep getting higher, so will the passings. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 01:13 PM 10-21-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Sadly I need to add mikey23545 to this list....looks like he passed last year from complications of diabetes. Sorry for the oversight.

5 deaths in one year and as the age of us old farts keep getting higher, so will the passings. :-)
Not that it makes it better, but mikey actually passed in 2015. We just didn't learn about it until this year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:13 PM 10-21-2017
Whats so sickening about all of our recently deceased guys is just how YOUNG they were... Dave, Sacc, Ed and now Psyko at 52! was by far the oldest of them all, good grief its crazy
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:44 PM 10-21-2017
The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Cups of Coffee

When things in your lives seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. All of the students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things. God, your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions. If everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.
The sand is everything else, the small stuff. "If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes in life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.
"Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what does the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked.
It just goes to show that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."
[Reply]
Fairplay 07:48 PM 10-21-2017
He always seemed like one of the good people on here, it's sad he has passed on to the next life. My condolences and may we meet in heaven.
[Reply]
Buzz 08:42 PM 10-21-2017
See you on the other side, RIP.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:26 AM 10-22-2017
Well, fuck.

Prayers sent...
[Reply]
JakeF 08:42 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by RaidersFan:
When he got a toothache, he thought he could push through. It became abscessed. We will know more next week, but it appears that his heart just couldn't take the added strain of the infection.
I've never heard of such a thing.
[Reply]
RJ 09:50 PM 10-22-2017
RIP, Pysko Tek, thanks for sharing you time and thoughts here.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up