ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Starship14 decides winning more important than $$$
Megatron96 03:10 PM 07-09-2020
I hoped he might come to this conclusion right after the SB. Happy to have him for 2020, and hope he finds a way to stick around for a while:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/...ing-over-money
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:13 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretty sure we've had this conversation before, and i'm not really interested in repeating myself. Hardman will have a good year, better than last year IF Watkins is on the field. But he's not ready to be a WR2 yet. Speed doesn't make a WR a great WR. if it did, Ted Ginn would've been a HOF player instead of a suitcase guy.
Welp I'm glad to disagree and if I'm wrong I'm wrong but the kid is going make a bigger impact this season than Sammy Watkins just watch and see. I believe in the kid as I believe in Veach for drafting him as a first rounder. The kid is more special than some here think but I believe in him and I can't say i'm as excited about Sammy Watkins as I am Mecole Hardman.

Mecole Hardman will turn heads this season.

He will be a bigger complement to Tyreek Hill and Tyreek Hill will feed off of that.

Just watch and see. You have your opinion I'll keep mine but don't act like your opinion is fact its just what you believe.
[Reply]
Bump 11:29 PM 07-09-2020
this is the first time I've heard him referred to as Starship 14
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:44 AM 07-10-2020
I like arguing about which of our explosive receivers will tear up the league more this year with our dominant, generational QB throwing to them.

This is much more fun than arguing whether or not Brady Quinn can finally live up to his potential and help Romeo Crennel redeem himself. :-)
[Reply]
HayWire 07:15 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I like arguing about which of our explosive receivers will tear up the league more this year with our dominant, generational QB throwing to them.

This is much more fun than arguing whether or not Brady Quinn can finally live up to his potential and help Romeo Crennel redeem himself. :-)
It seems like just yesterday that I was trying to convince myself Thigpen was going to be the next big thing.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:35 AM 07-10-2020
I was more interested in this when I clicked on your link.

Originally Posted by :
1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs

Nearly 30 voters were polled, and all but one picked Mahomes first overall.
So, you're telling me that all but one of the league executives, coaches, scouts and players that they polled about this picked Mahomes at #1? And that one dissenter picked him at #4? :-) WTF?
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:38 AM 07-10-2020
I'm betting Texans
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:25 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I was more interested in this when I clicked on your link.

So, you're telling me that all but one of the league executives, coaches, scouts and players that they polled about this picked Mahomes at #1? And that one dissenter picked him at #4? :-) WTF?
"Where the hell is Solomon Thomas on this list? Oh well, I'll just write him in."

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:14 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I don't know how much he has learned or not but you don't either and i believe Mecole is going get significant more playing time this year and over Sammie Watkins. Mecole is going come alive in this offense you just watch and don't underestimate him he was taken in the first round. Good kid and he has speed. The only disadvantage Mecole has is this is a ****ed up year so they didn't have the OTAs as usual but I know Mecole works out hard with Tyreek and Tyreek has taken him under his wing per say they challenge each other.

Our normal set is 3 wide, one TE.

Hill, Hardman, Watkins and Kelce.

Hardman's not taking Watkins' snaps. Targets? maybe, some, yeah-but not snaps.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:22 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by HayWire:
It seems like just yesterday that I was trying to convince myself Thigpen was going to be the next big thing.
Don't even get me started on Thigpen, he could have been a legend. :-)
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:42 AM 07-10-2020
Glad Sammy wised up and stuck around.
With Hardman looking good last season, there was no way he was going to get the same kind of money.
[Reply]
oldman 09:42 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Our normal set is 3 wide, one TE.

Hill, Hardman, Watkins and Kelce.

Hardman's not taking Watkins' snaps. Targets? maybe, some, yeah-but not snaps.
I agree. However, that doesn't mean Watkins is the WR2.
You can point out the lack of TD production after Hill got hurt, but some of that is because the double team was on him. I'd also point out that it's not all about TDs and yards. If you can keep moving the chains with 7-8 yard completions, groovy. You also have to look at other things, like downfield blocking. Watkins is much better at that than Hardman. Now, should we pay him long-term like a WR2? I don't think so, but I would like to keep him on the team.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 10:46 AM 07-10-2020
Hardman was a second round pick.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:04 AM 07-10-2020
I think hardman will out produce Watkins but I think Watkins is and will continue to be an integral part of the offense. Watkins will get more snaps too.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:01 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Hardman was a second round pick.
I thought so. :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 07:21 PM 07-10-2020
My problem with Watkins is that some games he looks like an elite all-Pro WR who changes the entire game because of his domination. The other 12 games of the year he just seems to coast. He is paid way too much to coach 2/3rds of the year.

We have several targets to share the ball but Mahomes would absolutely feed Watkins the ball more often if he was dominating.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up