ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Starship14 decides winning more important than $$$
Megatron96 03:10 PM 07-09-2020
I hoped he might come to this conclusion right after the SB. Happy to have him for 2020, and hope he finds a way to stick around for a while:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/...ing-over-money
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:12 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I like the part on Twitter Mecole runs 23 mph on a tread mill
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:19 PM 07-09-2020
Sammy is such a key part of this offense and was so clutch this past postseason, I'm thrilled they were able to keep him around. The decline we saw in the passing game when he was out was glaring. It wasn't the same at all. Hardman is not ready to fill the void Sammy leaving would create.

This is probably his last year here but he obviously made a very wise choice with the way things have turned out.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:27 PM 07-09-2020
dude has made $40 mil in his NFL career, signed one of the worst contracts in team history, is making $9 mil this year, could hit $16 mil with incentives, and is grandstanding about taking a few bucks less when his last 1,000-yard season was five years ago

they've located his home planet, and it's Virtua Signalis 14
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:42 PM 07-09-2020
Sammy Watkins 2019 52 rec 673 yards and 3 TDs

Mecole Hardman 2019 26 rec 538 yards and 6 TDs

Don't tell me Mecole Hardman can't take over Sammy Watkins job this year.

3 of those touchdowns for SW was in one game then he was virtually shut down.

Mecole ignited our comeback against Houston with his kick return that set up a touchdown and we got that momentum swing and kept our Super Bowl ambitions alive.

Yeah Sammy stepped it up in the playoffs good for him but most of the season meh. We can do better with Mecole Hardman because he works hard man.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:52 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

Mecole ignited our comeback against Houston with his kick return that set up a touchdown and we got that momentum swing and kept our Super Bowl ambitions alive.

Yeah Sammy stepped it up in the playoffs good for him but most of the season meh. We can do better with Mecole Hardman because he works hard man.
Can’t just look at stats, this game is about much more than numbers. The few games that Watkins missed the passing offense was nowhere close to full strength. Mecole Hardman cannot do all the things Sammy Watkins does. He’s not the same kind of player.

I love Hardman and he will be a huge weapon for us going forward, but it’s even better having them both on the field. That’s undeniable. Hardman is not a polished product just yet, Watkins is.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:31 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Can’t just look at stats, this game is about much more than numbers. The few games that Watkins missed the passing offense was nowhere close to full strength. Mecole Hardman cannot do all the things Sammy Watkins does. He’s not the same kind of player.

I love Hardman and he will be a huge weapon for us going forward, but it’s even better having them both on the field. That’s undeniable. Hardman is not a polished product just yet, Watkins is.

Sammy Watkins is the most over rated player on this roster by Chiefs fans.

Again I'll say Mecole Hardman is going out produce Sammy Watkins on the football field he will have more yards and touchdowns. Sammy is going have to work twice as hard than he normally does to get playing time because the younger guys are hungry to play and Sammy doesn't quite live up to expectations every year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:44 PM 07-09-2020

And yet another case of allowing a stat line to skew reality.

Tell me, were you among those that believe that our defense was really the 27th best run defense in the league at season's end? I mean, the season total stat line said that's what the Chiefs run D was, so if you believe that Watkins actual productivity was entirely encompassed by the above stat line, then you must also believe that our run D was really the 7th worst in the NFL right?

Mecole has great potential. But right now, that's most of what he is: potential. Hence, why Hardman only played about 13 snaps a game.

But now he's suddenly going to take 40 snaps plus?

In what is arguably one of the most (if not the most) complex passing offenses in the NFL? Maybe in NFL history?

An offense that no WR in history has absorbed fully in just two seasons, much less a second season without OTAs, with a truncated camp, just two preseason games if we believe Goodell, but somehow a 2nd year WR, with only 3 actual seasons (only one of which was in a pro offense) at the position is going to just miraculously not only memorize the entire Reid playbook, but also be completely comfortable with it with virtually no game reps with 90% of the playbook . . .

Yeah, sounds reasonable. I can think of at least . . . yeah, no WRs ever that pulled something like that off. But maybe Mecole is a receiving idiot savant . . .

And don't kid yourself; Mecole wouldn't have had those numbers if not for Watkins absorbing the best CB and a safety from week 2-6. Mecole was facing a CB3 most of the time. Why do you think he was so wide open most of the time?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:02 PM 07-09-2020
Hill missed all those games and Watkins didn’t do shit.

His only 100 yard game of the regular season was the opener.

His only regular season TD was also in the opener.

Sammy redeemed himself in the playoffs, but still needs to prove he can work hard enough to realize his potential. If that doesn’t happen this year, it never will.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:17 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And yet another case of allowing a stat line to skew reality.

Tell me, were you among those that believe that our defense was really the 27th best run defense in the league at season's end? I mean, the season total stat line said that's what the Chiefs run D was, so if you believe that Watkins actual productivity was entirely encompassed by the above stat line, then you must also believe that our run D was really the 7th worst in the NFL right?

Mecole has great potential. But right now, that's most of what he is: potential. Hence, why Hardman only played about 13 snaps a game.

But now he's suddenly going to take 40 snaps plus?

In what is arguably one of the most (if not the most) complex passing offenses in the NFL? Maybe in NFL history?

An offense that no WR in history has absorbed fully in just two seasons, much less a second season without OTAs, with a truncated camp, just two preseason games if we believe Goodell, but somehow a 2nd year WR, with only 3 actual seasons at the position is going to just miraculously not only memorize the entire Reid playbook, but also be completely comfortable with it with virtually no game reps with 90% of the playbook . . .

Yeah, sounds reasonable. I can think of at least . . . yeah, no WRs ever that pulled something like that off. But maybe Mecole is a receiving idiot savant . . .

And don't kid yourself; Mecole wouldn't have had those numbers if not for Watkins absorbing the best CB and a safety from week 2-6. Mecole was facing a CB3 most of the time. Why do you think he was so wide open most of the time?
I said our defense would get better by years end even after the bye week so I know players get better and progress.

The most I can say is Veach has a vision and he picked Hardman in the first round to be a part of that vision so I'm saying Hardman is their guy and is going have a stellar career that dwarfs Sammy Watkins and a better year this year.

You don't know neither do I actually but I believe Hardman is going have a better year than Sammy Watkins not because of stats but because he is a baller that is pushing even Tyreek Hill this offseason to the limits.

You'll see Tyreek and Hardman on the field at the same time the league is going have to create new rules to help the defense. Just not going be fair.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:21 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Hill missed all those games and Watkins didn’t do shit.

His only 100 yard game of the regular season was the opener.

His only regular season TD was also in the opener.

Sammy redeemed himself in the playoffs, but still needs to prove he can work hard enough to realize his potential. If that doesn’t happen this year, it never will.
Uh, no sorry but you're wrong. Watch Sammy from week 2 thru 6 (and thru week 9 really, when the OL was finally completely repopulated with week 1's starters). He worked extremely hard, and sacrificed targets and therefore catches for the scheme and ultimately for the wins. Bottom line, Sammy was asked to do much of the dirty work, work that went largely unrecognized, to allow the overall scheme to work in Hill's absence, as well as reduce Pat's exposure to all those pass rushes while the OL was mostly subs and Pat's ankle was gimpy.

Also, I don't know what season you watched, but Sammy had 3 TDs in the season-opener, not 1.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:29 PM 07-09-2020
Uh, no sorry but you're wrong. Watch Sammy from week 2 thru 6 (and thru week 9 really, when the OL was finally completely repopulated with week 1's starters). He worked extremely hard, and sacrificed targets and therefore catches for the scheme and ultimately for the wins. Bottom line, Sammy was asked to do much of the dirty work, work that went largely unrecognized, to allow the overall scheme to work in Hill's absence, as well as reduce Pat's exposure to all those pass rushes while the OL was mostly subs and Pat's ankle was gimpy.

Also, I don't know what season you watched, but Sammy had 3 TDs in the season-opener, not 1.
I said his 3 TDs came in one game and then zilch for the rest of the season but he was good for a first down or two a game I'll give him that.

If I'm wrong so be it but I believe Mecole Hardman is going have the better year and he will also have kick return duties but he will find the end zone more often than First Down Sammy the second.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:30 PM 07-09-2020
I said our defense would get better by years end even after the bye week so I know players get better and progress.

The most I can say is Veach has a vision and he picked Hardman in the first round to be a part of that vision so I'm saying Hardman is their guy and is going have a stellar career that dwarfs Sammy Watkins and a better year this year.

You don't know neither do I actually but I believe Hardman is going have a better year than Sammy Watkins not because of stats but because he is a baller that is pushing even Tyreek Hill this offseason to the limits.

You'll see Tyreek and Hardman on the field at the same time the league is going have to create new rules to help the defense. Just not going be fair.
So, just to be clear, you had no trouble ignoring the stupidity of using the overall defensive stat line for our defense, but somehow you think the overall stat line for Watkins tells the complete story?

Okaaaay . . .
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:51 PM 07-09-2020
So, just to be clear, you had no trouble ignoring the stupidity of using the overall defensive stat line for our defense, but somehow you think the overall stat line for Watkins tells the complete story?

Okaaaay . . .

Watkins opened the season with 3 touchdowns in one game holy shit everyone goes nuts but the rest of the season where did his touchdowns go? I know Patrick was hurt for the most part and the offense did struggle but still when Hardman gets the ball he is flat out gone. I see what he can do and capable of so I'm waaaaay more excited for Hardman than a pedestrian Sammy Watkins.

Hardman was a first round pick also so he is part of the vision Bret Veach has for this team I'm going with that.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 PM 07-09-2020
Chris Conley was pretty damn good in 2018 during the stretch that Sammy was hurt. Hope we draft a tall speed receiver with big hops like him next Spring.

Sammy is excellent in the playoffs but I think this is his last year here
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:07 PM 07-09-2020
Watkins opened the season with 3 touchdowns in one game holy shit everyone goes nuts but the rest of the season where did his touchdowns go? I know Patrick was hurt for the most part and the offense did struggle but still when Hardman gets the ball he is flat out gone. I see what he can do and capable of so I'm waaaaay more excited for Hardman than a pedestrian Sammy Watkins.

Hardman was a first round pick also so he is part of the vision Bret Veach has for this team I'm going with that.
Pretty sure we've had this conversation before, and i'm not really interested in repeating myself. Hardman will have a good year, better than last year IF Watkins is on the field. But he's not ready to be a WR2 yet. Speed doesn't make a WR a great WR. if it did, Ted Ginn would've been a HOF player instead of a suitcase guy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up