ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Announce Season Ticket Member Plan for the 2020 Season
Stinger 09:46 AM 07-08-2020
Chiefs Announce Season Ticket Member Plan for the 2020 Season

In anticipation of the National Football League's guidelines being issued to clubs regarding stadium configuration changes and reduced capacity due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Chiefs have announced a plan that offers the most flexibility and benefits for Season Ticket Members for what will be an unprecedented NFL season in 2020.

Because the club cannot fairly re-seat the entire season ticket base across a limited number of seats, all Season Ticket Members will automatically have their 2020 payment credited for the 2021 season without any action on their part. Keeping their payment as a credit towards 2021 includes the following benefits:

STMs will be automatically included in a single-game presale for any available seats in 2020, once a final capacity is determined.

Their credit can be utilized to purchase single-game tickets for a reduced-capacity 2020 season, if they choose.

They will receive their 2020 Season Ticket Member box with exclusive gifts.

STM pricing will remain flat for 2021 and they will accrue a year of STM tenure for the 2020 season, regardless of if they attend any games or not in 2020.

In the event that the club is permitted to host a full-capacity crowd for any potential playoff games, STMs that did not opt for a refund will be given the first opportunity to purchase their seats.

Parking or hospitality club passes purchased as part of a Season Ticket Membership can be managed exactly like tickets – either as a credit for 2021 or a full-refund, if requested.

Season Ticket Members who wish to receive a full refund vs. a 2021 credit can choose to do so by contacting their ticket representative over the phone or via email. While those who opt to receive a refund won't be eligible for the above benefits in 2020, they will still be issued a 2021 renewal for their same season ticket location(s) and will maintain their tenure.

"People around the country and around the world are getting accustomed to a constantly changing environment and the same goes for all of us in Chiefs Kingdom," Chiefs President Mark Donovan said. "While our goal all offseason was to have a full stadium as we begin our Super Bowl title defense, it is out of consideration of the health and safety of our fans, employees, coaches and players that we move forward with a reduced-capacity plan that adheres to local guidelines and expert recommendations. As we looked at ways to navigate this unusual season, our first priority was to offer a fair and flexible plan for our loyal and valued Season Ticket Members, and we believe we accomplished that. While it will be a different experience for everyone, we are looking forward to welcoming fans to Arrowhead this fall."

Due to the inability to accommodate all Season Ticket Members, there is no way to account for purchasers who have already secured single-game tickets. All single-game tickets purchased through the primary market will be issued an automatic refund to the method of payment. For any tickets purchased through a resale marketplace, ticket purchasers will need to visit the marketplace used to review their options. Single-game parking passes that have already been purchased through the team will automatically be refunded to the method of payment as well.

The club will announce and conduct a reduced-capacity single-game on-sale once the final number of available seats is determined based on the guidance of the NFL, as well as local government officials and public health experts. Season Ticket Members who retain their 2020 funds as a credit for 2021 will be given first access to purchase single-game tickets in a priority order, based on their tenure. This Season Ticket Member process will take place through password-protected online accounts. Any remaining single-game tickets will be offered to the public following the Season Ticket Member presale.

When reduced capacity single-game tickets go on sale to Season Ticket Members and the public, it is likely that the club will only sell tickets for the preseason and the first few games of the regular season. As the season progresses, the club will follow the guidance of local officials and public health experts, with the goal being that local regulations will allow for an increased capacity later in the season. Any change that increases capacity throughout the season would provide more fans the ability to purchase single-game tickets in more areas.

Beyond the NFL's stadium configuration changes, the club continues to work closely with the NFL, representatives of The University of Kansas Health System, Populous, as well as local government officials and public health experts on additional capacity and operational adjustments for the safety of all fans, staff, coaches and players. All aspects of the gameday experience for the upcoming season – including parking, tailgating, guest service, food and beverage, retail and stadium operations – are being evaluated and will be announced prior to the start of the season.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-a...he-2020-season
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:56 AM 07-08-2020
If they even allow fans in the stands.
[Reply]
Eureka 09:56 AM 07-08-2020
That seems fair enough.

I'm guessing this will be a standardized procedure for all NFL teams.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 07-08-2020
Wow.

So George was right - absolutely no benefit for years accrued at all. If you were a STH last season you get the same 'rights' to throw yourself into that massive pool of pre-sale people for single-game seats as someone who's had them for 50 years.

Well ain't that some shit.

I'm kinda leaning towards just trying to get opening day tickets and just sitting the rest of the year out altogether. I don't feel like having 'season tickets' that are, at best, some hodge-podge collection of seats that I could snag throughout the stadium. That's new fans I'm sitting around each week, a new strategy for getting in/out of the stadium and just a complete shit show waiting to happen after having a pretty standard routine in place for over a decade.

This should've been easy - last in, first out. Go as far down the list as you need to go to ensure that STHs with the most seniority have SOMETHING stable. Then once you get your 'finalized list' of people that make the cut, you start working on where they end up.

Would that have put me in the upper bowl? Yup, almost certainly. But it would've put me in the same spot every week.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:24 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wow.

So George was right - absolutely no benefit for years accrued at all. If you were a STH last season you get the same 'rights' to throw yourself into that massive pool of pre-sale people for single-game seats as someone who's had them for 50 years.
No:

The club will announce and conduct a reduced-capacity single-game on-sale once the final number of available seats is determined based on the guidance of the NFL, as well as local government officials and public health experts. Season Ticket Members who retain their 2020 funds as a credit for 2021 will be given first access to purchase single-game tickets in a priority order, based on their tenure.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:25 AM 07-08-2020
Seems about as fair as they can make it. I don't know how they could logistically do a staged presale putting every ticket holder in some kind of seniority queue. Do you do 20 rounds of it? 50?

People just need to accept that this thing is a bad deal and if it impacts your football tickets temporarily and that it then you got off easy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
No:

The club will announce and conduct a reduced-capacity single-game on-sale once the final number of available seats is determined based on the guidance of the NFL, as well as local government officials and public health experts. Season Ticket Members who retain their 2020 funds as a credit for 2021 will be given first access to purchase single-game tickets in a priority order, based on their tenure.
Thankya sir - I swear I read that paragraph but must've been pre-emptively irritated and started skimming.

I don't think we'll be WAY up there, but we have a tick over 15 years and that SHOULD get us in the door for opening night. I was in those stands when we were flying banners and lemme tell ya - there weren't 40K season ticket holders in those days...
[Reply]
007 11:16 AM 07-08-2020
Pretty much the only viable plan available.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:25 AM 07-08-2020
Backdoor PSL policy, :-).
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:25 AM 07-08-2020
I would guess the secondary market prices for tickets will be thru the roof this year.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:28 AM 07-08-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I would guess the secondary market prices for tickets will be thru the roof this year.
I'm not sure how that is going to work. I don't know if (for example) I was contacted by the Chiefs and allowed to apply some of my 2020 payment towards 2020 tickets, if I'd have to use them or if I would be allowed to re-sell them. And I'm not even sure where the seats would be located. Still a lot of fog surrounding this whole enterprise....
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:32 AM 07-08-2020
The stadium is going to look like spring break at the Ozarks.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:38 AM 07-08-2020
Got alerted this morning to this.

The options outlined saved my ass for this season. I think this is a fair and reasonable approach the Chiefs are taking.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:38 AM 07-08-2020
Knew this was coming.

Got the email this morning and just....sighed.

This virus needs to fuck right off.
[Reply]
luv 11:59 AM 07-08-2020
I wonder if they'll limit the number of tickets each person can buy.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up