ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Vic Fangio goes full retard
RunKC 07:02 PM 06-02-2020
Good job saying the absolute worst thing a HC in the NFL can say on a day like this. Optics here are horrific. Broncos PR is already feeling the heat :-)

Vic Fangio: "We're a league of meritocracy. You get what you earn I don't see racism at all in the NFL. I don't see discrimination in the NFL."

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) June 2, 2020

[Reply]
carcosa 01:58 PM 06-03-2020
Always funny when an old white guy says he doesn't see any discrimination. Of course you don't, dummy, you're not experiencing any!
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:13 PM 06-03-2020
Divorce was invented so everyone could have a taste. Just a taste
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:19 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
It's possible that Eric B is a bad interview.
Andy Reid has the best coaching tree reputation of any coach in the NFL. His guys get jobs. Period. I doubt Eric Bieniemy could be an established coaching product who doesn't nail his interviews. Listen to his press conferences. He's pretty clear about communicating his goals and his plans to NFL media and fans.

Plus, just look at this: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/02/chi...len-super-bowl
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:21 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
There should be a roony rule for players..we’ll call it the Wes Welker rule. Wonder how that would go over..
There literally is; Garrett Bolles has a job. It's clearly not due to ability.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:48 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Stinger:
Whoops my bad - Vic Fangio

So he had to be like, yeah I'm sorry, so the NFL is racist. I apologize for saying it wasn't. Good lord. He never said discrimination wasn't wrong.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 03:24 PM 06-03-2020
He wasn’t wrong the first time
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:37 PM 06-03-2020
I guess someone had to make Bill O earn stupidest fuck this offseason.
[Reply]
ping2000 04:28 PM 06-03-2020
This is why Belicheat just mumbles at the media.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:31 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Always funny when an old white guy says he doesn't see any discrimination. Of course you don't, dummy, you're not experiencing any!
Always funny when young folks assume old guys have little life experience
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:32 PM 06-03-2020
He should make a third statement tomorrow that says, "The NFL is astoundingly racist. It's the most racist thing I've ever seen. You could not possibly believe how racist it is."

Y'know, just to see what the reaction would be.
[Reply]
Chieftain 04:34 PM 06-03-2020
I'm glad Bienemy hasn't been hired because that means we get to keep him. The guy is a great motivator and a player's coach. Always enjoyable listening to his press interviews. Teams out there are plain dumb and hire unproven coaches. I would be more upset of losing Bienemy than Kafka.
[Reply]
KCJake 05:40 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Why do people assume Bienemy wanted the jobs he interviewed for or that he didn’t decide he wanted another year of learning under Reid?
Just to add to this, why do people assume he didn't get hired because he's black? Any chance it could of been one of a million other reasons? Like they wanted a different head coach instead ? Gosh that would that would be strange .....
[Reply]
BWillie 05:49 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Just to add to this, why do people assume he didn't get hired because he's black? Any chance it could of been one of a million other reasons? Like they wanted a different head coach instead ? Gosh that would that would be strange .....
I think the only knock against Bienemy is that he is just a product of the Andy Reid system and it wasn't his creation.

But that is also his best selling point, too. He knows the system and how to implement it. I think it depends on who's doing the hiring what they think about how that will translate to their team.

I'm not going to say there is no chance he hasn't been hired due to racism. The people that do the hiring are likely going to relate more to someone of their own race, and almost all of the billionaire owners are white guys. They just need to be aware of their potential bias going into things. Just like if I went and tried to get a job at a 90% black owned business, I would expect there would be some inherent bias towards me. How could there not be? We are not all the same. We relate to each other based on socioeconomic, cultural, and other social factors. Race really isn't even a big part of it IMO, it's those socioeconomic, cultural and other social factors that cause the bias. Such is life.

I will say at least with 95% of business, any bias or "racism" isn't done with intention of evil. It just happens. It's something we need to fix, though. Definitely.
[Reply]
notorious 05:55 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So he had to be like, yeah I'm sorry, so the NFL is racist. I apologize for saying it wasn't. Good lord. He never said discrimination wasn't wrong.
Yeah, the media is just piling on because they are scared to agree with him.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:07 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Always funny when young folks assume old guys have little life experience
I think it's safe to assume that an old white guy has no experience being black.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up