Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive
staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:13 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Bill gates has spent billions helping impoverished people but he is responsible for the coronavirus according to half my Facebook friends
I take it you scorn the criticism and disparagement of Brees and Gates equally?
[Reply]
mdstu 05:17 PM 06-03-2020
I'd like to know the context of Bree's statement and/or if he was asked a specific question.

However, I'd rather suck a hobos cock than click on a link from PFT.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:20 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Teams don't typically back ass into HOF caliber QB's back to back the way the Packers did. I'd always take the bird in the hand.
1 pick from Mahomes. Thank God we traded up.

Can’t imagine how lucky those bastards would be going from Brees to Mahomes. Hope we get that lucky when it’s time for Pat to hang it up
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:27 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military.
So why kneel during the National Anthem?

Take a knee on the first play on offense, take a knee during the coin toss... why take a knee during the brief part of a 3+ hour game when attention/respect is specifically directed to the flag if his protest has “jack shit” to do with the flag?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:27 PM 06-03-2020
Bill gates has spent billions helping impoverished people but he is responsible for the coronavirus according to half my Facebook friends
:-) Funny because it's true.

Brees decided to take it back to kneeling as if that really disrespected the flag. As if that's a battle we needed to re-litigate at this very point.

It's wonderful that he's given millions of dollars to charity. But he's absolutely also one of the top role models in the NFL. I'm now living in Lafayette, Indiana which is the home of Purdue and I have 4 male teenage nephews that idolize him. This is a thoughtless message to send right now that absolutely muddles and obscures the pertinent issues.

I love Drew Brees, but this was fucking dumb.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:35 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
No, you worthless ****, you obviously can’t have a calm political discussion because you admitted yourself that you get way too emotional. That’s why your passive aggressive bleeding isn’t needed and political shit isn’t supposed to be in the lounge, as well. So change your tampon out, because toxic shock is real.

Then explain to me, how I was beside myself with the kneeling. You find a post of me bitching about the kneeling, with me beside myself from it. I will donate $100 to whatever cause you want, if you can’t find it you can donate the same amount to my pick.
Feel free to address my actual point instead of just launching into personal attacks.

People like you are the problem. Stop enabling racist double standards.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:35 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm now living in Lafayette, Indiana which is the home of Purdue
Don’t forget Axl Rose
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:37 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
**** off troll, this has been explained over and over to you. None of your assertions are accurate, and they say a lot more about you than those you try to smear.
Lol you've never once tried to explain, in plain English - why kneeling in protest of police brutality is offensive to the troops or flag or w/e - but "home of the CHIEFS" is not.

Go ahead. I'm listening.

When you're done here why don't you go whitesplain it to Malcom Jenkins? He clearly needs to be educated on the subject.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:38 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
So you should only protest in ways that make no waves?

"Disrespecting the troops" seems like and extremely malleable and arbitrary standard to me. If kneeling, which Kaep specially said he was doing out of respect for the troops, is disrespectful to the troops or flag - then why isn't "Home of the CHIEFS"? Who makes these rules? Oh wait, I know who.
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think kneeling during the Anthem to protest racial injustice is one of the most American things that an athlete can do.

Soldiers sacrificed, and sometimes gave their lives to protect the rights of American citizens. Exercising the rights that so many fought for is honoring those that sacrificed, not disrespecting them.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:39 PM 06-03-2020
Your comparison is flatly ridiculous
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:41 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Don’t forget Axl Rose
He used to sleep on my aunt’s couch. This town is full of Axl and Blind Melon stories.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:41 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You weren't. The likes of scuzzer have to hyperbolize the reaction in order to have even a semblance of a stance. Then they take it straight to racial resentment because they think that means they get to stop thinking and declare victory.

Most everyone who had problems with Kaep's protest was mostly about how muddled and poorly thought out it was, and they simply observed that it was muddled and poorly thought out.

I wish people would think about the consequences of their stances. When you demonstrate for dignity, what kind of message is it to say 'if you won't let me disavow the nation and it's flag, I guess the only other thing I can think of is looting and violence.' What does that say about your own self-esteem? The amount of effort you are willing to put into eloquence and leading by example?
Typical Babble Lee dissembling BS.

Plenty of people were hopping mad about the kneeling. I know people whose whole family stopped watching the NFL because of it. Trump fanned the flames as always and really blew up the whole issue with his "Get that son of a bitch off the field". My stepdad's family in AZ all stopped watching the NFL over it.

But let's just pretend like none of that ever happened.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:44 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Brees decided to take it back to kneeling as if that really disrespected the flag. As if that's a battle we needed to re-litigate at this very point.
This, exactly. The Brees discussion is about kneeling.

And I still haven't and will never get a straight answer on why kneeling is so disrespectful, but "home of the CHIEFS" or stuff like POTUS dry-humping the US flag - is not.

It's all bullshit. It's the exact same double-standard shit people are protesting now. I can get pulled over by the cops and never have to worry about being choked to death, because I'm white. That's the entire point of this week of chaos. For Brees to think right now is a good time to go after kneeling is incomprehensible.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:50 PM 06-03-2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:50 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think kneeling during the Anthem to protest racial injustice is one of the most American things that an athlete can do.

Soldiers sacrificed, and sometimes gave their lives to protect the rights of American citizens. Exercising the rights that so many fought for is honoring those that sacrificed, not disrespecting them.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
That should make the Westboro Baptists protesting at military funerals the MOST PATRIOTIC EVER!!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up