staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:37 PM 05-18-2020
3...2...1...till some fantasy dweeb rides in in defense of Thomas
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 06:07 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Thomas while elite, greatly benefits from super pass oriented New Orleans offense and arguably one of the most accurate passers in nfl history. Parker is a victim of terrible teams as a whole. Parker would put up major numbers with Brees as well
He might be a league wide star this year if Tua starts and goes off like I think he's going to. Parker, Williams & Grant could be a lethal trio with a elite arm targeting them. Add a TE the quality of Gesicki to the mix, and Miami is going to be a legit dark horse IF Tua goes off.
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 06:13 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Why is Parker picking a war with MT?
You got that backwards, diva Thomas is the one who chimed in after Parker answered someone else's question because Michelle didn't the response.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:41 AM 05-19-2020
Tua Tebow...WINNER
[Reply]
BWillie 07:40 AM 05-19-2020
Michael Thomas is the best WR in the game. The best one.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:29 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I just dont know if thats accurate. The only real receiving stud on the team that isnt coming out of the back field.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:45 AM 05-19-2020
Best WR in the game?

Put me down for Julio Jones over Michael Thomas.

Michael Thomas benefits tremendously from playing in that offense. If he was somewhere else, he wouldn’t be putting up those numbers.

Hell, I’d take Tyreek over Thomas. He’s more of a mismatch than him and is harder to account for when he can be used so many different ways and both Sean Payton and Drew Brees agree that Tyreek is the most explosive player in the NFL.

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...nbcsports-com/
[Reply]
BWillie 11:24 AM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Best WR in the game?

Put me down for Julio Jones over Michael Thomas.

Michael Thomas benefits tremendously from playing in that offense. If he was somewhere else, he wouldn’t be putting up those numbers.

Hell, I’d take Tyreek over Thomas. He’s more of a mismatch than him and is harder to account for when he can be used so many different ways and both Sean Payton and Drew Brees agree that Tyreek is the most explosive player in the NFL.

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...nbcsports-com/
Teddy fucking Bridgewater threw to his ass most of last year. Michael Thomas almost 400 yards more than the next WR in yards and had 9 TDs. Tyreek benefits alot with Mahomes and our offense too. The same could be said. I think Tyreek is a Top 6 WR but I just think Thomas is a small bit ahead of him as an all around WR threat.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:12 PM 05-19-2020
Without question in the debate.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:24 PM 05-19-2020
No Tyreek hill the best wr in this planet.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:51 PM 05-19-2020
Teddy ****ing Bridgewater threw to his ass most of last year. Michael Thomas almost 400 yards more than the next WR in yards and had 9 TDs. Tyreek benefits alot with Mahomes and our offense too. The same could be said. I think Tyreek is a Top 6 WR but I just think Thomas is a small bit ahead of him as an all around WR threat.
Not accurate on Bridgewater. Teddy started 5 games, Brees started 11. Most of his time was with Brees throwing to him.

And he had FAR more targets than ANY receiver in the NFL last year. 185. The next closest guy was Julio Jones at 157 targets.

It's a hell of a lot easier to catch that many more balls than everyone else when you're being thrown to THAT many times.

And a LOT of them were short passes, which are typically a much higher catch %. It's not like he was averaging 14+ yards per catch like Julio, Chris Godwin or Devante Parker (3 others that finished in the Top 5 in yards along with Thomas). He averaged 11.6 per catch. That's a significant difference from 14+ yards.

Look I'm not saying he sucks. Obviously he doesn't. But to make the argument that he's the best WR in the game is simply based on the fact that he plays in an offense perfectly suited to his abilities, has Drew Brees throwing to him (one of the most, if not THE most, accurate QB in NFL history) and, most importantly, gets WAY more targets than any other NFL receiver.

I still think he's a Top 5 WR, I just think it's hard to make an argument for him being the BEST ("without question", as some have claimed in this thread) when you consider all the above factors.

I'm still taking Julio, Tyreek and a couple more over him if given the choice.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:09 PM 05-19-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Not accurate on Bridgewater. Teddy started 5 games, Brees started 11. Most of his time was with Brees throwing to him.

And he had FAR more targets than ANY receiver in the NFL last year. 185. The next closest guy was Julio Jones at 157 targets.

It's a hell of a lot easier to catch that many more balls than everyone else when you're being thrown to THAT many times.

And a LOT of them were short passes, which are typically a much higher catch %. It's not like he was averaging 14+ yards per catch like Julio, Chris Godwin or Devante Parker (3 others that finished in the Top 5 in yards along with Thomas). He averaged 11.6 per catch. That's a significant difference from 14+ yards.

Look I'm not saying he sucks. Obviously he doesn't. But to make the argument that he's the best WR in the game is simply based on the fact that he plays in an offense perfectly suited to his abilities, has Drew Brees throwing to him (one of the most, if not THE most, accurate QB in NFL history) and, most importantly, gets WAY more targets than any other NFL receiver.

I still think he's a Top 5 WR, I just think it's hard to make an argument for him being the BEST ("without question", as some have claimed in this thread) when you consider all the above factors.

I'm still taking Julio, Tyreek and a couple more over him if given the choice.
Good arguments here.

I'd probably take Julio, Hopkins, Tyreek and Mike Evans over him off the top of my head.
[Reply]
Flying High D 04:07 PM 05-19-2020
I’d take the Chief’s receivers with their rings.
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 04:08 PM 05-19-2020
Julio & Andre are better receivers imo. I.would take Thomas over Evans though.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:36 PM 05-19-2020
Reek is better
[Reply]
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up