ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 27
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All I Have is a Photograph....
gblowfish 08:05 PM 04-05-2020
With all the shelter at home stuff, thought I'd start a fun thread to help get our minds on better times. I am not a professional or high level amateur photographer, but I have taken some cool pictures over the years. If you've taken pictures that you're proud of, how bout posting a couple,and explaining what they are?

I'll Start:

St. Louis July 2003. I was staying downtown in that beer can shaped hotel by the arch. I got a call around midnight that my mom was taken to ICU in Arkansas, and was in bad shape. I got up at dawn as the sun was rising over the Mississippi river. I took this picture looking east. Went to the chapel in the center and said a prayer for my parents. Mom got out of ICU 66 days later.

Alley Springs, MO: From around 2002, near Eminence,MO.

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia,MO. Shot at sundown in downtown Sedalia.

Desoto Sign, Carthage, MO. On a trip to Arkansas, took the scenic route 2018.

Missouri Hwy 13 Bridge, Lexington, MO: Looking north during the flood of 1993.
Attached: Arch Steeple.jpg (97.8 KB) Alleyspring.jpg (113.8 KB) bothwell.jpg (104.9 KB) DeSoto2.jpg (99.2 KB) lexbridge1993.jpg (108.8 KB) 
[Reply]
DaFace 02:42 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Especially that big fire in the bottom right corner of the picture. I'm surprised the photographer wasn't burned to death.

:-)
Eh, I knew what he meant (bottom-right of the smoke cloud).
[Reply]
stumppy 02:45 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, I knew what he meant (bottom-right of the smoke cloud).
I did too, I just wanted to poke some fun at him.:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:59 PM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Especially that big fire in the bottom right corner of the picture. I'm surprised the photographer wasn't burned to death.

:-)
:-) Yeah yeah yeah.
[Reply]
Otter 03:38 PM 06-24-2020
Not mine...

[Reply]
eDave 09:50 PM 06-24-2020
Got hassled for taking this one:

[Reply]
BigRichard 04:52 AM 06-25-2020
This was a weekend trek into the woods from last week.
Attached: IMG_0943.jpg (495.1 KB) IMG_0949.jpg (558.1 KB) 
[Reply]
srvy 10:44 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:

Did you take it from the road? Federal Penitentiaries frown on coming on their grounds snapping pictures. The public road that can't do much about.

For those who don't know that's the Big House Leavenworth Federal Penitentiaries.
[Reply]
eDave 06-25-2020, 10:49 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
scho63 10:57 PM 06-25-2020

So THIS is THAT photo! :-)
[Reply]
eDave 06-25-2020, 10:57 PM
eDave 06-25-2020, 11:32 PM
eDave 11:41 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Did you take it from the road? Federal Penitentiaries frown on coming on their grounds snapping pictures. The public road that can't do much about.

For those who don't know that's the Big House Leavenworth Federal Penitentiaries.
This is the last in the series as I moved closer. Would have gotten a closer pic if I wasn't rolled upon on all sides by security jeeps and guards running towards me with their hands on their guns. Proceeded by a very unpleasant discussion.

I'm very lucky I wasn't arrested.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:59 PM 06-25-2020
Just phone shots but the sunrise downtown this morning was really nice.

[Reply]
srvy 01:06 AM 06-26-2020
This is the last in the series as I moved closer. Would have gotten a closer pic if I wasn't rolled upon on all sides by security jeeps and guards running towards me with their hands on their guns. Proceeded by a very unpleasant discussion.

I'm very lucky I wasn't arrested.
I have done a lot of work on the Army base it a really cool historic base. The Fed Pen sucks but in 2008 got out the survey instrument out and we watched mike Vick in the yard throwing the football with the other cons.

I had a run-in working on the new army max disciplinary barracks that was going to be one of the sites to house Guantanamo prisoners of war when Obama was to close them. It didn't happen and became the permanent home of the Army bad of the bad prisoners. The existing Military Disciplinary Barracks is where I had my run in. I was told by construction super I was free to go anywhere on the base that wasn't inside a security fence. I drove my truck around a ring road outside the perimeter of the barracks. I took a dirt trail up a steep 3:1 slope that was at about 80 feet above the Disciplinary Barracks. Then a military ring road guard pulled up while I was setting a tripod with GPS unit. Sternly told me to spread legs facing my truck with hands against topper side panels. He slowly walked toward me with an M4 rifle frisked me and took my leatherman. Then questioned me while holding his finger outside the trigger. This was a kid that couldn't be 20 years old but he meant business. Anyway, I was cuffed taken to the office questioned we had permits and I had gone through Federal background checks. I was released and allowed to retrieve my truck and equipment. I went to JE Dunn supers trailer office and gave him a piece of my mind and he wouldn't get his control point in that location. He blew his stake and was on phone to base commander. I got an apology and was able to go about anywhere outside the fencing.
[Reply]
Otter 06:34 PM 07-01-2020

[Reply]
Hydrae 06:46 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I have done a lot of work on the Army base it a really cool historic base. The Fed Pen sucks but in 2008 got out the survey instrument out and we watched mike Vick in the yard throwing the football with the other cons.

I had a run-in working on the new army max disciplinary barracks that was going to be one of the sites to house Guantanamo prisoners of war when Obama was to close them. It didn't happen and became the permanent home of the Army bad of the bad prisoners. The existing Military Disciplinary Barracks is where I had my run in. I was told by construction super I was free to go anywhere on the base that wasn't inside a security fence. I drove my truck around a ring road outside the perimeter of the barracks. I took a dirt trail up a steep 3:1 slope that was at about 80 feet above the Disciplinary Barracks. Then a military ring road guard pulled up while I was setting a tripod with GPS unit. Sternly told me to spread legs facing my truck with hands against topper side panels. He slowly walked toward me with an M4 rifle frisked me and took my leatherman. Then questioned me while holding his finger outside the trigger. This was a kid that couldn't be 20 years old but he meant business. Anyway, I was cuffed taken to the office questioned we had permits and I had gone through Federal background checks. I was released and allowed to retrieve my truck and equipment. I went to JE Dunn supers trailer office and gave him a piece of my mind and he wouldn't get his control point in that location. He blew his stake and was on phone to base commander. I got an apology and was able to go about anywhere outside the fencing.
Did you get the leatherman back?
[Reply]
eDave 06:35 AM 07-10-2020
NEOWISE over the San Tan mountains just outside Phoenix this morning.

Galaxy S10e. Pro settings: F/1.5,4". ISO400. 6 stacked frames (burst shots) to produce the final image using CombineZP.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:57 AM 07-10-2020
You just happened to be outside with your camera? Amazing.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 27
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up