ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 3903
« First < 71314151617 1819202127671175171017 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 03:26 PM 03-01-2020
That looks like a light day at Costco actually.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:29 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
87,472 confirmed cases. 2,990 deaths.

Age and the 4 diseases listed are major factors. I'd really like to see age w/o any of those diseases (IE - my parents).
[Reply]
SupDock 03:29 PM 03-01-2020
Italy has gone from 821 cases to 1577 cases, deaths from 21 to 41, recovery from 45 to 83. This is in the last 48 hours. They have tested 22k people.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:30 PM 03-01-2020
I'm glad we all lived to see the CHIEFS win another Super Bowl. Stay Strong.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:30 PM 03-01-2020
I have to chuckle a bit at people that don't always have at least a few weeks of food in their homes at all times. Maybe it's from my Korean upbringing, but there's always a few months of food in the house. Most of it is pickled as various forms of kim-chi, salted meats, dried meats and vegetables, etc. and if I had to hole up in the house would last at a minimum 3-4 months. And that would be eating normally, three full meals a day. If I decided to ration the stuff I could probably make what I have right now last 8 months? 9?

Water would be a different story, as I don't hoard water, but I do take water to the gym 4 days a week, so every spring I buy 4 cases of bottled water, and reuse the bottles all year until the following spring. There's the water in the hot water tank and I have a hot tub I could pump out and replace with potable water if necessary. Just guessing, but that's probably at least a month or more of drinking water for two.

The house has solar panels (in AZ you're kinda stupid if you don't have these things) and I have a propane-fired generator that I actually use on hunting/camping trips I could use for power if I had to.

So when I hear about people panic buying just to get a couple weeks worth of food and water into their homes, I just find that hilarious.

But I don't think there's any point in panicking right now and hoarding a bunch of stuff. There's what? 3 cases of this virus in the U.S. right now? Chances are better than good that this goes away just like the bird flu . ..
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:31 PM 03-01-2020

[Reply]
Donger 03:31 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
That looks like a light day at Costco actually.
:-)
[Reply]
TLO 03:31 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I have to chuckle a bit at people that don't always have at least a few weeks of food in their homes at all times. Maybe it's from my Korean upbringing, but there's always a few months of food in the house. Most of it is pickled as various forms of kim-chi, salted meats, dried meats and vegetables, etc. and if I had to hole up in the house would last at a minimum 3-4 months. And that would be eating normally, three full meals a day. If I decided to ration the stuff I could probably make what I have right now last 8 months? 9?

Water would be a different story, as I don't hoard water, but I do take water to the gym 4 days a week, so every spring I buy 4 cases of bottled water, and reuse the bottles all year until the following spring. There's the water in the hot water tank and I have a hot tub I could pump out and replace with potable water if necessary. Just guessing, but that's probably at least a month or more of drinking water for two.

The house has solar panels (in AZ you're kinda stupid if you don't have these things) and I have a propane-fired generator that I actually use on hunting/camping trips I could use for power if I had to.

So when I hear about people panic buying just to get a couple weeks worth of food and water into their homes, I just find that hilarious.

But I don't think there's any point in panicking right now and hoarding a bunch of stuff. There's what? 3 cases of this virus in the U.S. right now? Chances are better than good that this goes away just like the bird flu . ..
3 cases?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:33 PM 03-01-2020
This reminds me of the hype before a hurricane.

The pre-storm panic... crowded stores, run on supplies, gas lines, etc. is usually much worse than the impact of the actual storm.
[Reply]
SupDock 03:33 PM 03-01-2020

73 cases right now
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:35 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This reminds me of the hype before a hurricane.

The pre-storm panic... crowded stores, run on supplies, gas lines, etc. is usually much worse than the impact of the actual storm.
bro this shit is fucking mutating and has a gestation period of like two weeks inside the human host

when the aliens start ripping out of chests i'm not gonna be anywhere near power and light
[Reply]
TLO 03:35 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
73 cases right now
I'm sure we'll see the number of cases rise, but it certainly doesn't seem to be all that widespread. Yet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:38 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
73 cases right now
Okay, 73. Still not a big enough number to warrant running out to Costco and buying all their toilet paper and funyuns.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:39 PM 03-01-2020
I have to chuckle a bit at people that don't always have at least a few weeks of food in their homes at all times. Maybe it's from my Korean upbringing, but there's always a few months of food in the house.

[Reply]
SupDock 03:41 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm sure we'll see the number of cases rise, but it certainly doesn't seem to be all that widespread. Yet.
Agree
[Reply]
Page 17 of 3903
« First < 71314151617 1819202127671175171017 > Last »
Up