ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 519 of 1207
« First < 19419469509515516517518519 5205215225235295696191019 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:17 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They're not that expensive if you buy them in bulk, really.

Especially if you watch for sales either on Amazon or even Foodsaver used to occasionally run pretty good ones. They go a lot further than you'd realize.

Also if you buys rolls instead of pre-cut.
[Reply]
scho63 05:48 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So we had a chest freezer in the garage for the past 4 years, which was big enough but a total pain in the ass. Can't see what's in there, digging through it and finding meat at the bottom, months old and freezer burned. Bought a new Kenmore upright for the garage and sold the other one.
Break down Jewdog and buy some freezer tape so you can label everything you freeze with date and item on outside of freezer bag. Problem solved forever! :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:12 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Break down Jewdog and buy some freezer tape so you can label everything you freeze with date and item on outside of freezer bag. Problem solved forever! :-)
Well, that really doesn't solve the problem it just lets you know how long you let shit stay in there. I have the same problem though, I keep piling shit on top and I know theres some good 10 year old stuff at the bottom. Our local grocery just went to all Angus beef and had a 25% off to get it going and I fuckin loaded up.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:25 PM 05-12-2017
This is what happens in those foam packs.

I should have dug out some vacuum sealed ones for comparison but they're better. I promise.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:25 PM 05-12-2017
Sorry for the cruddy pic
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:27 PM 05-12-2017
Wife wanted beer so I grilled some burgers and brats.

Tater tots my wife abused and corn we grew last year.

Freestate Golden is what she ended up with.

[Reply]
lewdog 06:28 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Well, that really doesn't solve the problem it just lets you know how long you let shit stay in there. I have the same problem though, I keep piling shit on top and I know theres some good 10 year old stuff at the bottom. Our local grocery just went to all Angus beef and had a 25% off to get it going and I fuckin loaded up.
As Hog Farmer says, it doesn't solve the problem. Nothing can stay organized in a chest freezer. Who wants to take all the old stuff out and put the new stuff on bottom every time you go to freeze something you just bought? It's fucking horrible, so shit just gets pilled on top and before you know it, you've got months of old meat sitting in the bottom looking like Billay after a night in Westport.

Get am upright freezer Hog Farmer. This was a Kenmore on sale at Sears, delivered it for free. I'm in love.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:30 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Poverty buns but I can dig that.

Tater Tots are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Beer looks good. What is it?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:36 PM 05-12-2017

Yeah we don't buy buns unless we are feeding several or I'm doing some pulled pork or brisket. Every time we buy them they end up super hard or moldy in a day so I get really pissed. Poverty Buns it is.

Freestate Golden. It's brewed in Lawrence. It's a lot like Boulevard wheat except filtered.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:39 PM 05-12-2017

He already stated the type of beer. It's OK. Definitely not as good as Bud Light.
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:48 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
He already stated the type of beer. It's OK. Definitely not as good as Bud Light. :-)
:-) I drank enough Bud Light in college. If I'd had bout shares instead of beer I'd be rich.

I have him a break on the Freestate. He probably hasn't heard of it in Arizona. Or he got heatstroke. Either way, benefit of the doubt.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:48 PM 05-12-2017
As Hog Farmer says, it doesn't solve the problem. Nothing can stay organized in a chest freezer. Who wants to take all the old stuff out and put the new stuff on bottom every time you go to freeze something you just bought? It's ****ing horrible, so shit just gets pilled on top and before you know it, you've got months of old meat sitting in the bottom looking like Billay after a night in Westport.

Get am upright freezer Hog Farmer. This was a Kenmore on sale at Sears, delivered it for free. I'm in love.
You know what, this just made me think how wonderful it is to live in the USA.

And I think an upright is a great idea. Money saved in the long run.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:58 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
He already stated the type of beer. It's OK. Definitely not as good as Bud Light. :-)
:-) I drank enough Bud Light in college. If I'd had bout shares instead of beer I'd be rich.

I have him a break on the Freestate. He probably hasn't heard of it in Arizona. Or he got heatstroke. Either way, benefit of the doubt.
Listen here assholes, I hadn't heard of that beer.

And I don't drink Bud Light either you fucking dicks. How old do you think I am?!?
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:01 PM 05-12-2017
Petite sirloin steaks 2.99/lb
Chicken breast 1.47/lb
93% ground beef 2.97/lb

Locked and loaded.

Buy 1 get 3 free... am I reading that right?

Thats the deal of the freaking century, Jewdog

I've never even seen that variety, sounds awesome... gonna be on the lookout for those
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:04 PM 05-12-2017
Yeah we don't buy buns unless we are feeding several or I'm doing some pulled pork or brisket. Every time we buy them they end up super hard or moldy in a day so I get really pissed. Poverty Buns it is.

Freestate Golden. It's brewed in Lawrence. It's a lot like Boulevard wheat except filtered.
You can freeze those buns, to prevent that from happening. Just take them out as needed to thaw first. Then either grill or toast a bit if you like or just eat as is.

I have buns and breads frozen all the time just to keep them fresh, because I can't just run out for a simple loaf of bread easily with my allergy.
[Reply]
Page 519 of 1207
« First < 19419469509515516517518519 5205215225235295696191019 > Last »
Up