ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Allergies
TLO 01:56 PM 08-14-2012
I knew I had some serious issues with allergies, but typically they are worse in the spring. But the last few days have been absolutely miserable. Anybody else fighting with their allergies right now? Any suggestions on relief?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I got on allergy shots. Once a week. Pop a clartin every morning. My life has been so much better.
I took immunization shots for 7 years. Not a lot changed.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:14 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
JFC. And they're back again. I had to look up this thread to find Big Daddy's remedy.

Funny how it's exactly one year later and again, my allergies are whoopin' my ass. Worse than last year.
Shit is pollinating
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:14 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I got on allergy shots. Once a week. Pop a clartin every morning. My life has been so much better.
I'm trying to avoid going to the clinic and getting a shot. Gonna try the garlic pills and some nasty concoction of black seed oil, apple cider vinegar and turmeric.

Like last year, Claritin and the like hasn't yielded much success.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:56 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm trying to avoid going to the clinic and getting a shot. Gonna try the garlic pills and some nasty concoction of black seed oil, apple cider vinegar and turmeric.

Like last year, Claritin and the like hasn't yielded much success.
Flonase. Localized corticosteroids are really effective.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:59 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Exactly this. If your worst symptoms are nasal you should be on a nasal steroid.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:28 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Exactly this. If your worst symptoms are nasal you should be on a nasal steroid.
Thanks guys. Adding it to the shopping list.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 12:40 PM 06-03-2020
I take Nasalcort along with Allegra. Nasalcort is similar to Flonase and it has helped me more than anything else, by far.
That being said, I'm still stopped up. Detoxing, it's always this time of the year for me too. I was told that it was grass pollen. Usually a couple of weeks before and after Memorial day is the worst.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:01 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
I take Nasalcort along with Allegra. Nasalcort is similar to Flonase and it has helped me more than anything else, by far.
That being said, I'm still stopped up. Detoxing, it's always this time of the year for me too. I was told that it was grass pollen. Usually a couple of weeks before and after Memorial day is the worst.
Probably trees. Trees produce a fuckload of pollen.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:00 PM 06-03-2020
yeah, allergies are bad this year. Woke up with itchy eyes. Feel all swollen right eye is waters, itchy, ears and nose! This shit is so fun to deal with all the time. time for a sniff sniff of my nose spray.
[Reply]
TLO 02:22 PM 09-22-2020
Ahhhhhh-choooooo!
[Reply]
MelGrif 02:17 PM 11-26-2020
I didn't know what allergy is when I was a child, but I faced this issue this year for the first time. My doctor prescribed Loratadine, and it works, but it is good to know more variants and learn from the experience of others. I haven't heard about Flonase. Thanks for sharing, I'll check the info about it on the Canada Drugs site (I always use this source for this purpose).
[Reply]
TLO 02:31 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by MelGrif:
I didn't know what allergy is when I was a child, but I faced this issue this year for the first time. My doctor prescribed Loratadine, and it works, but it is good to know more variants and learn from the experience of others. I haven't heard about Flonase. Thanks for sharing, I'll check the info about it on the Canada Drugs site (I always use this source for this purpose).
God damnit.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:37 PM 11-26-2020
ALways got allergy like symptoms around Christmas. We all decided it was the live Christmas tree. No more live trees.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:15 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by MelGrif:
Loratadine is generic claratin. It’s epic cheap at Amazon.

To my knowledge the only commonly prescribed antihistamine that isn’t OTC is xyzal
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:30 AM 11-27-2020
Loratadine is generic claratin. It’s epic cheap at Amazon.

To my knowledge the only commonly prescribed antihistamine that isn’t OTC is xyzal

Xyzal IS available OTC now and IS available in generic form, even.

It still is going to cost you around $0.50 a day but it’s the best thing out there for allergies, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up