ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Late night bullshit: Andy Reid... and Don Shula.
Direckshun 11:45 PM 07-09-2020
So here’s a mind bender.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

Don Shula is the winningest coach in NFL history, and he’s 121 wins up on Andy Reid.

It’s been reported that Reid told Mahomes he plans on coaching out Mahomes’ most recent deal. He said on his press conference he’s fine coaching into his 70s.

Don Shula coached 33 years to Andy’s 21 — 12 years more experience.

Welp, he needs 10-point-whatever wins a season for the entirety of the Mahomes contract.

What are your bets he accomplishes that, and retires as the winningest NFL coach of all time.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:48 PM 07-09-2020
What’s the cheater up to? Will have to pass him I’d imagine.

Edit: he’s at 273 to Reid’s 207. Will be tough as Bill will keep adding wins, though less per year moving forward now.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:51 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
What’s the cheater up to? Will have to pass him I’d imagine.
Cheater is 60-some wins up on Reid and about 50 wins down from Shula.

Reid is 62. Belicheater is 68.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:54 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Edit: he’s at 273 to Reid’s 207. Will be tough as Bill will keep adding wins, though less per year moving forward now.
At 10 wins a season, Belichick overtakes Shula in 6 seasons — he’ll be 74. 31 years coaching.

Reid will probably net 12 wins a season so long as Mahomes plays. It would likely just take a decade to pass Shula, and maybe a season or two after that to overtake the Cheater, assuming Bill doesn’t keep coaching into his 80s.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:11 AM 07-10-2020
Ah, you guys know that TB12 left NE over the summer, right? That they have almost no offensive weapons, one of the worst OLs and DLs in the league?

That the Bills have the best defense in the AFC-E? And Ryan Fitz-Magik is probably the best QB in that division?

Bill will be lucky to scrape together 9 wins this year.

Oh, and to answer to OP: I think there's a real possibility that Andy overtakes Shula. I believe that the Chiefs will average 12 wins a season for at least the next 8-9 years. And that the Chiefs will record at least four 14-win seasons.

Bill on the other hand, has a much harder road ahead.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:19 AM 07-10-2020
I would rather see Andy end up with more SB wins than both coaches combined.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:31 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ah, you guys know that TB12 left NE over the summer, right? That they have almost no offensive weapons, one of the worst OLs and DLs in the league?

That the Bills have the best defense in the AFC-E? And Ryan Fitz-Magik is probably the best QB in that division?

Bill will be lucky to scrape together 9 wins this year.

Oh, and to answer to OP: I think there's a real possibility that Andy overtakes Shula. I believe that the Chiefs will average 12 wins a season for at least the next 8-9 years. And that the Chiefs will record at least four 14-win seasons.

Bill on the other hand, has a much harder road ahead.
Belichick is a cheater but he’s the best in the business. He got 11 wins out of Matt Cassel.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:53 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Belichick is a cheater but he’s the best in the business. He got 11 wins out of Matt Cassel.
He had a stacked team around him and Todd Haley got 10 wins out of Cassel with a trash team, so Todd Haley is tied for best in the business?
[Reply]
digger 06:52 AM 07-10-2020
Chiefs Chasing Greatness next on 60 in 60 on EPSNFOXCBS...
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:04 AM 07-10-2020
Q, ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331059
[Reply]
crispystl 10:00 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He had a stacked team around him and Todd Haley got 10 wins out of Cassel with a trash team, so Todd Haley is tied for best in the business?

I always thought it was much more Weiss than Belicheck. Wasnt Weiss the O coordinator for that Pats team with Cassel and then came over to KC for Cassel’s ten win season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:21 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Q, ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331059
Prescient thread!

Now, however, he’s all but confirmed 12 years paired with Mahomes.
[Reply]
Up