ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>With over 2 million hectares of land burned so far...
Nickhead 11:37 PM 12-10-2019
and probably another 2 million before it's done, this will be the largest combined set of bush fires Australia has seen in modern times. Where we are at, the fires are set to reach our mountain ranges in the next three to four days. Me personally (and the fam) aren't necessarily in harms way as we live in the center of town, but the rural area's about to be affected will be in harms way severly. Just our bush fire that started in the Wollemi National Forest, is more than three times that of all the fires in California combined... this does not include any of the other fires currently burning.

This image is of our back yard. The town is about two miles in diameter, and you can only see about 100 yards away, if that.
Attached: 79333147_10157560899391047_7813475277354303488_n.jpg (123.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 02:35 PM 12-21-2019
How are you doing Nick? This is monumental shit. I'm worried about y'all.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:38 PM 12-21-2019
Damn. Seems like wildfires have been nuts in the past few years. Best of luck.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:53 PM 12-21-2019
Holy shit man. Best of luck
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:04 PM 12-21-2019
Be safe Nickhead and your family and friends and save some Fosters

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mennonite 03:18 PM 12-21-2019
Need to build a wall around Australia before this shit spreads to the civilized world.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:38 PM 12-21-2019
if we can keep the second front from moving too fast, it should be okay. but if the back side of the valley catches, there are a hundred or so houses built up under the trees, rather than on the edge of the valley. that is what saved most of the houses from yesterdays fire. we are all on watch and act now. on a side note. due to the highway closures, and leading up to the holidays, no transport can come in to restock the shelves at the local shops.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 03:55 PM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Holy shit man. Best of luck
This. Stay safe man.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:22 AM 01-09-2020
Late to this thread. But just as an update, as we approach mid-January an area larger than the size of England has been burnt across several states. We've had several days of over 40 degrees C (~115 F) since Mid-December and each time it happens all these fires grow in size. Those that remember me from when I was a regular around here know I'm from Sydney, so I'm fine. But I have family members who have been impacted by the fires. Hope OP is safe, I know up in the Blue Mountains its been very bed for a month now.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:25 AM 01-09-2020
Where you at Nickhead??????
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 07:39 AM 01-09-2020
Warnings like this are pretty common at the moment. This map shows the current highest risk areas on the NSW south coast, so Sydney is just to the north of the top of this map. And for scale, the top of the map to the bottom is about 250 miles.

Originally Posted by :
https://www.facebook.com/nswincident...31035753590576
"⚠️ FIRE SPREAD PREDICTION - FRIDAY

Severe to Extreme fire danger is forecast for parts of NSW tomorrow, including southern areas of the state.

Temperatures are forecast to be in the high 30s to low 40s with hot, dry north-westerly winds and low humidity.

A south-westerly change will impact inland fires tomorrow afternoon and evening, and a gusty southerly change will impact coastal fires from late tomorrow evening, reaching Nowra around midnight.

These conditions will make fire behaviour erratic and dangerous.

This map display the potential predicted fire spread and the communities that may come under threat from embers or fire fronts. Other surrounding areas may still come under threat if conditions change, or if fires breach containment lines.

There may potentially be new fires burning in these areas that we do not yet know about, which may threaten you without warning.

Potential spread area - if your plan is to leave or you are not prepared, you should not be in this area on Friday. Move to a large town outside this area, or if you are on the South Coast, move to an area that has already been burnt or go to the beach. Stay away from the red areas.

Potential ember attack area - You are still at risk. If your plan is to leave or you are not prepared, you should not be in this area on Friday. New fires could start and spread quickly.

If you are in the general areas identified on this map, be vigilant for new fires that may start well ahead of the fire front."

[Reply]
Fish 09:44 PM 01-09-2020
Perspective:

They're predicting that over 500,000 animals have already died...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/03/aust...is-mounts.html
[Reply]
Bwana 10:05 PM 01-09-2020
It sounds like there is a lot of crazy pricks going around intentionally starting a lot of them.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:06 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Perspective:

Wow

You turn on the news expecting to see things eventually under control, but it just keeps getting worse

If it wasn’t so true, that first graphic would be comical
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:21 PM 01-09-2020
Perspective:

Fucking fuck. I was wondering why the hell wheat was rallying some.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:06 PM 01-09-2020
Perspective:

I saw some YouTube vids of regular people driving out to the fires and filling their cars with koala’s to save them.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up