ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 151
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**The Official Houston Texans at World Champion Kansas City Chiefs Game Day Thread**
Jewish Rabbi 11:04 PM 09-09-2020
Back to back starts now bitches!!!

Beautiful tribute by Twisted Chief:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
If I had started the thread, this is hypothetically how it would've gone:

****The OFFICIAL Texans @ Chiefs Super-Bowl-Banner-Raising Game Thread****

We won the Super Bowl. God punished us with a pandemic.

We won the Super Bowl. God punished us with division that we’ve never seen before in this country.

We won the Super Bowl. WE. WON. THE. SUPER. BOWL.

We may have our differences on this board. We may come from different walks of life. We may have different opinions. We may value different things.

But guys, we are ALL Chiefs fans. And we’ve lived through ‘Because Chiefs…’ long enough for pandemics and civil unrest to seem like child’s play.

Our hands are calloused and our hearts are overflowing generously. But we’re together. And we’re all brothers in this crazy world that is ChiefsPlanet. And I will repeat what I said after the Super Bowl: I love all of you.

Let’s forget all the rest of the noise and enjoy this special championship defense. TOGETHER.

The dynasty begins here. Strap in and enjoy yourselves, gentlemen. The ride is going to be magnificent.

………………….

HOW…ABOUT…THOSE…CHIEFS???

………………….

P.S. – A special shout out to those immortalized, valued CP members who are no longer with us: Lonewolf Ed, Fire Me Boy!, Logical, Mr. Flopnuts, Saccopoo, BillSelfsTrophyCase, Psyko Tek, Madmax, mikey23545, BigMeatballDave, boogblaster, ChiefJustice, Crazyhorse, Buster’s Dad, and crossbow. You are gone but never forgotten amongst your family here. May the light of Mahomes shine bright on your spirit, gentlemen.

[Reply]
Bwana 09:52 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by bobhill:
How did Fenton look after Ward got hurt?
He did ok, Snead was the one I was impressed with tonight.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:52 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by bobhill:
How did Fenton look after Ward got hurt?
Didn’t even notice him which is a good thing. Fenton and sneed will be our CBs moving forward
[Reply]
eDave 09:53 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Damn fucking media. Trying to get a postgame about the actual game - nope they are all discussing the pregame shit. They are real fucking problem in this country, the fucking media.
Came here to gripe about this too. I didn't think it was that bad up to and throughout the game. But this post-game is ridiculous with it. And louder.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:57 PM 09-10-2020
Nnadi an injury he played with
Saunders was out with an elbow

We had to use a rookie inside (Wharton)

So that hurt our run defense.

Our tackling in general was terrible. That was our biggest issue tonight. I don't know how many times we have to watch Sorenson whiff big on a tackle before we replace him.

It looked like Kpass struggled big time trying to tackle Watson too. :/
[Reply]
Hawker007 09:57 PM 09-10-2020
Lots of talk about the booing during the unity deal. Was there? Hard to tell on tv. If there was, my take is the fans just wanted to see some football.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:59 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Nnadi an injury he played with
Saunders was out with an elbow

We had to use a rookie inside (Wharton)

So that hurt our run defense.

Our tackling in general was terrible. That was our biggest issue tonight. I don't know how many times we have to watch Sorenson whiff big on a tackle before we replace him.

It looked like Kpass struggled big time trying to tackle Watson too. :/
That's to be expected with no pre-season games. We'll be fine and the tackling will improve.
[Reply]
TEX 10:00 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Damn ****ing media. Trying to get a postgame about the actual game - nope they are all discussing the pregame shit. They are real ****ing problem in this country, the ****ing media.
Nailed it!
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:01 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
He is good. He's just not on Mahomes' level. If he was with a different franchise or had a better coach, I think he would look pretty great. I'm not sure if he actually believes in his organization, and I can't blame him for that. The Texans are a joke.

It’s not just that he isn’t Mahomes good. It’s that he isn’t really close to the player most seem to think he is. He has this winner reputation but it’s based pretty much only on college performance. He makes a few plays here and there but he isn’t elevating the team at all like the best QBs should be doing.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:01 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hawker007:
Lots of talk about the booing during the unity deal. Was there? Hard to tell on tv. If there was, my take is the fans just wanted to see some football.
Its Twitter being Twitter.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hawker007:
NBC insists they weren't assisting with crowd noise. In fact, Al made it a point to mention it like a dozen times.

It's kind of weird too because there was a point where the fans seemed to be booing the Chiefs during a PAT.

For me, something doesn't add up.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:04 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It’s not just that he isn’t Mahomes good. It’s that he isn’t really close to the player most seem to think he is. He has this winner reputation but it’s based pretty much only on college performance. He makes a few plays here and there but he isn’t elevating the team at all like the best QBs should be doing.
I think he benefits from the college reputation for sure. But O’Brien really is a terrible coach and he is probably holding back Watson’s development.
[Reply]
Hawker007 10:06 PM 09-10-2020
How many teams will have their whole team out for the National Anthem and have only one guy kneel? My odds are nobody else has that, so that’s something to be proud of. And I have no idea how Clark and Andy pulled that off.
[Reply]
Hawker007 10:07 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
NBC insists they weren't assisting with crowd noise. In fact, Al made it a point to mention it like a dozen times.

It's kind of weird too because there was a point where the fans seemed to be booing the Chiefs during a PAT.

For me, something doesn't add up.
Agree. Something was funny about the crowd noise, at least early on.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:09 PM 09-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
That's to be expected with no pre-season games. We'll be fine and the tackling will improve.
Hope so.

Wharton is getting more playing time due to injuries so maybe he will develop more quickly and help us.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:15 PM 09-10-2020
The problem with the stuff surrounding the game is mostly that much of what they keep harping on is either hypocritical, based on exaggerated emotions, more racist or discriminatory than what they are protesting, or not actually helpful in any meaningful way. Simply hiding behind “change things” or “making a difference” is not a good defense for incoherent messaging which is what turns most people off who don’t care to hear it continue. They could provide better messaging to actually engage more people. That said the Chiefs themselves seemed mostly fine and being there for both anthems was a good move as it does try to reach more people when you do that.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 151
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149 > Last »
Up