ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about your bed.
cabletech94 11:06 AM 10-23-2020
Wife and I have a memory foam style type bed. It has a “lifetime” warranty. It was sold to us as never having to replaced due to durability. Fact is it’s 13 years old and has served its purpose. But as I’ve gotten older, it’s becoming more difficult to get comfortable overnight, constantly tossing and turning etc. After talking to the wife she’s having the same issues.

So my question to you fellow planeteers: what’s your sleeping pad setup? I’m just looking at other options.

Oh, and FUCK DONKOS FOREVER!!!
[Reply]
KurtCobain 03:08 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've always been told to never go cheap on beds or mattresses because you spend over a third of your life in bed. I got a Sealy a couple of years ago and I sleep like a champ on it.
A third of your life? You guys get 8 hours of sleep?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:08 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Look at you bragging about your new mattress and your better sleep. GFY!:-):-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:09 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
A third of your life? You guys get 8 hours of sleep?
Three hours of that is sex.
[Reply]
alanm 03:23 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had a waterbed (unbaffled - I was a poor peasant boy) when I was in my 20s. I really liked it and my cat loved it, though I got nervous when she would knead the sheets with her claws.

Waterbeds completely disappeared, it seems. I'm not sure why. They seemed like a viable product niche.
You can still find them. I've still have my mattress in a box up in the attic. The frame and particle board in the rafters in the garage. Loved mine, especially on cold winter nights. Thing was the GF likes to rearrange the bedroom furniture periodically and I just got tired burping the mattress and always adding conditioner. But man, nothing like crawling into a warm bed when it was cold out. :-)
[Reply]
alanm 03:33 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I also had a free float when I was in my 20s. It was great as well, but it was used and beat up when I got it and the frame eventually got destroyed in one of my many moves back then.

IIRC it was an insurance liability issue that did them in
. Just too much damage potential if they leaked. While I'm quite happy with my present mattress, had that water bed never leaked, I'd still have it.
Never had that problem when I was renting places. Most thought the bed might fall through the floor. :-) But I always came back with "If you don't fall through the floor in the square footage you're standing on neither will the bed". I believe a king size fully filled was something like 45lbs per square foot. Might have been more but it wasn't much more.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:37 PM 10-23-2020
Tell me about the action your bed gets.....
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:45 PM 10-23-2020
How much more attracted will you all be to me when I become a woman?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:04 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We have queen Tempur-Pedic with adjustable base. It sleeps comfortably as far as support but there's no temperature balance at all. In the summer it's hotter than hell and in the winter it's freezing. We even bought the special mattress topper for temperature control and it's worthless.

Love the adjustable base, I control it from my phone.

I think we're going to get a Purple next.
I have the same, but we got the "cool max" (I think that's what it's called) with the gel stuff that stays cool. The base, along with being adjustable, also has a vibrating massage setting which is fantastic.

I paid an obscene amount for this, but assuming it will last about 12 - 15 years, it would be worth it......still, I cried when I spent that money....

but the bed has been great!
[Reply]
patteeu 04:28 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Tell me about the action your bed gets.....
My sleep number is new so I started on 35 and after 3 days I increased the firmness to 40 per the user instructions. So far, I haven’t tried the foot warmer, but I’ve made the head of the bed go up and down a few times.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:09 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
My sleep number is new so I started on 35 and after 3 days I increased the firmness to 40 per the user instructions. So far, I haven’t tried the foot warmer, but I’ve made the head of the bed go up and down a few times.
Dang, you got the fancy one. Mine just inflates and deflates.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:39 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Dang, you got the fancy one. Mine just inflates and deflates.
I’m looking forward and to the foot warmer this winter.
[Reply]
scho63 05:53 PM 10-23-2020

[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:04 PM 10-23-2020
Back in 1989 - we bought a Beauty Rest mattress (firm) from a wholesale place here in Olathe. Hell, I think they have since went out of business. We are STILL using that same mattress to this day and it is still nearly as it was back then....

And these clowns tell us to buy a new mattress every 5-10 years.....the only thing we do is flip it about ever 3 months and switch it from head to toe.....
[Reply]
Stewie 06:08 PM 10-23-2020
I had a Serta pillowtop for about 15 years. It gave up the ghost. I bought a firm (flippable) innerspring and couldn't be happier. I bought it at Nebraska Furniture. It's the Omaha Bedding brand. A thick mattress pad and all is golden. Walmart version of "my pillow" rounds it all out.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 06:11 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Oh I kinda miss the old waterbed. They were awesome in the winter when heated.
I fat fingered the down vote in your comment.
Growing up in a old farm house I sure appreciated a waterbed.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up