ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about your bed.
cabletech94 11:06 AM 10-23-2020
Wife and I have a memory foam style type bed. It has a “lifetime” warranty. It was sold to us as never having to replaced due to durability. Fact is it’s 13 years old and has served its purpose. But as I’ve gotten older, it’s becoming more difficult to get comfortable overnight, constantly tossing and turning etc. After talking to the wife she’s having the same issues.

So my question to you fellow planeteers: what’s your sleeping pad setup? I’m just looking at other options.

Oh, and FUCK DONKOS FOREVER!!!
[Reply]
TLO 11:16 AM 10-23-2020
Girlfriend and I bought a new mattress in March. Paid a decent amount for it, but I consider it one of the best purchases I've ever made. I sleep much better now.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:17 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Girlfriend and I bought a new mattress in March. Paid a decent amount for it, but I consider it one of the best purchases I've ever made. I sleep much better now.
What did you get?
[Reply]
backinblack 11:24 AM 10-23-2020

[Reply]
dodgy 11:25 AM 10-23-2020
Seman, everywhere.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:25 AM 10-23-2020
We had a nice pillowtop mattress for almost 20 years, and a couple of years ago I observed that I usually had a stiff back when I woke up in the morning. We decided that it was time to get a new mattress and went shopping.

We both decided that we liked extra firm mattresses. I liked a basic-style mattress that we found at a department store, but my wife wanted a sleep number bed so we could each adjust our own side in terms of firmness. We bought the sleep number, experimented for a couple of months, and now we both have our sides set to 100 (maximum firmness). So we kind of overpaid since we could've done the basic mattress, but I guess we didn't know until we experimented. The sleep number mattress has been great, too, so I'm happy with it, and the most magical thing is the sleep number pillows. Those pillows are amazing.

We also discovered microfiber sheets at the same time, which are really nice from a temperature control standpoint.

And while we did all of that, we put a ductless mini-split HVAC system in the bedroom. Upgrading the mattress, pillows, sheets, and HVAC has been spectacular.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 10-23-2020
We have queen Tempur-Pedic with adjustable base. It sleeps comfortably as far as support but there's no temperature balance at all. In the summer it's hotter than hell and in the winter it's freezing. We even bought the special mattress topper for temperature control and it's worthless.

Love the adjustable base, I control it from my phone.

I think we're going to get a Purple next.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:28 AM 10-23-2020
Excellent information!! Thank you very much !!

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
We had a nice pillowtop mattress for almost 20 years, and a couple of years ago I observed that I usually had a stiff back when I woke up in the morning. We decided that it was time to get a new mattress and went shopping.

We both decided that we liked extra firm mattresses. I liked a basic-style mattress that we found at a department store, but my wife wanted a sleep number bed so we could each adjust our own side in terms of firmness. We bought the sleep number, experimented for a couple of months, and now we both have our sides set to 100 (maximum firmness). So we kind of overpaid since we could've done the basic mattress, but I guess we didn't know until we experimented. The sleep number mattress has been great, too, so I'm happy with it, and the most magical thing is the sleep number pillows. Those pillows are amazing.

We also discovered microfiber sheets at the same time, which are really nice from a temperature control standpoint.

And while we did all of that, we put a ductless mini-split HVAC system in the bedroom. Upgrading the mattress, pillows, sheets, and HVAC has been spectacular.

[Reply]
Red Beans 11:36 AM 10-23-2020
Ask your Mom about it. She's really helped break it in.
[Reply]
Fish 11:49 AM 10-23-2020
Just got a new mattress on Tuesday actually. It was an off brand from Amazon that's similar to a Purple mattress. Also got a 4" cushion topper. Extra firm mattress but the cushion topper is pretty soft. This has been the best week of sleep that I can remember. I should have done it long ago.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:52 AM 10-23-2020
We got a deal on a pretty good mattress a couple of years ago and I absolutely hate the fucking thing. I wish we would have kept our 7 year old spring mattress, but my wife loves the thing.

We got a cooling mattress that's memory foam and is very plush. Problem is that it is too soft. I thought I really liked it when I tried it out in the store, it felt very comfortable, but then we got it home and I actually slept on it...

I had read that it takes time for your body to readjust to a new bed and get used to the support. I was waking up really sore pretty much every single morning and I chalked it up to my body getting used to being in the proper position. Fast forward to now and while it has gotten marginally better I still hate it. Pretty much every morning my lower back hurts and my hips as well. I've had back problems since high school, so I won't blame the bed, but I'm blaming the hip pain on the bed. The only time my hips hurt is in the middle of the night after I wake up from them hurting and then in the morning when I wake up from them hurting.

I think part of my problem is for some reason I don't move while I'm asleep. If I fall asleep on my right side I wake up on my right side and my right hip hurts so bad I can barely move, so I roll over onto my left side and you guessed it, my left hip hurts. My fiance even says I don't move at all at night. She has been staying up late because she's preggers and can't sleep. I think part of the reason I don't move is because our youngest would fall asleep in bed with us when she was young. I think it's a subconscious thing and my body is thinking there's a baby that if I move I will squish.

Back on track, don't get a really soft bed if you like more firmness. If your SO likes the opposite, then the cheapest option is to get what you want and make her sleep on the floor or you could get a sleep number.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:55 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Look at you bragging about your new mattress and your better sleep. GFY!:-):-)
[Reply]
DaFace 11:57 AM 10-23-2020
You'll get mixed reviews on the Sleep Number beds (mainly because they cost a small fortune), but my wife and I love ours. It's nice to have the ability to adjust depending on how you feel, and we each have different preferences for firmness.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:58 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Wow. I usually have mine at around 45, and my wife usually does 55. You might as well just sleep on the floor. :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:01 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You'll get mixed reviews on the Sleep Number beds (mainly because they cost a small fortune), but my wife and I love ours. It's nice to have the ability to adjust depending on how you feel, and we each have different preferences for firmness.
I'm sure you like it firm, really firm

and long, really long

and girthy, really girthy
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up