ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>So, I now have respect for Leveon
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:44 PM 10-22-2020
Reportedly he called CEH and asked him ,Before signing , if his addition to the team would be a problem with him and his development.

I've regarded LB as a POS solely because I didn't feel like any NFL player should hold out for a season because they get paid so damn much money anyway and should feel blessed as it is , but I'm now warming up to the guy after watching the interviews from Arrowhead pride .

He seems to have the right attitude. I'm all in now! Not like I have any other choice anyway.

Go Chiefs!!!!!
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:45 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
In the year he sat out he would have made more than 99% of most peoples net worth . That's greed. Maybe he came from a wealthy family .
Do you realize what they do to their body and that after they stop playing lots of them have health issues and miserable lives. They also are in the top 99.99999% of people in the world at what they do. People that are that good at something get paid loads of money. They are also part of a multi billion dollar industry that wouldn't be in existence without people like Bell. It's not greedy for a player to get as much as possible from some billionaires.

I don't get this line of thought that these players are greedy for wanting more money, but the billionaires aren't greedy for wanting to keep that money.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:59 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Do you realize what they do to their body and that after they stop playing lots of them have health issues and miserable lives. They also are in the top 99.99999% of people in the world at what they do. People that are that good at something get paid loads of money. They are also part of a multi billion dollar industry that wouldn't be in existence without people like Bell. It's not greedy for a player to get as much as possible from some billionaires.

I don't get this line of thought that these players are greedy for wanting more money, but the billionaires aren't greedy for wanting to keep that money.
You're saying this to somebody that raised Hogs for 30 + years!!!!!

I'd trade his 10 years for my 30 in a heartbeat. My knees are shot from wearing rubber boots and walking on concrete all this time. My back is shot from having to drag out dead sows that weight 500 pounds with a snare 200 feet down an alley weigh. I spent 30 years loading 50 pound bags of feed supplement into hoppers to grind and make feed. I've had to submerse myself under hog shit to clean out a plugged drain line. And you want to tell me these people are not greedy!!!!!!!

Now I'm pissed again! HE sat out for a year when he had a hell of a paycheck for doing a job that he probably thought at one time would be a dream come true. Fuck him.!

I hope he has 200 yards against the god damn Donkeys!
[Reply]
Pablo 04:23 PM 10-23-2020
Sounds like you should have grabbed your boot straps and put in the hard work it takes to become a professional athlete.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:32 PM 10-23-2020
In the year he sat out he would have made more than 99% of most peoples net worth . That's greed. Maybe he came from a wealthy family .
Jesus. You are one short sighted individual.

So, if YOU had an opportunity to make one amount of money, when you know that you CAN get FIVE TIMES that much, with LONG TERM security, you are saying that you would play into the companys hands, take your 1/5th, and risk that being your last payday in that field?

When you could opt to not put an strain on your body, and simply wait for someone to come along and actually pay you a shit ton more and give you financial security?

Incredibly risky, borderline foolish.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:48 PM 10-23-2020
I like how before Bell signed here, the guy was a greedy bastard, but now that he is here many posters think he is a 'good businessman,' and simply 'misunderstood.'

Face it, the guy is jerk but he can play football. Anyone in denial about him being a jerk may need to reread what he did to the Steelers. Classy stuff.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:50 PM 10-23-2020
It has 0 to do with what anyone else makes, should you make less cause fast food workers do? How about surgeons?

He proved to be elite at something .000001% people can do, that gets you paid.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:51 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I like how before Bell signed here the guy was a greedy bastard and now that he is here many posters think he is a 'good businessman,' and simply 'misunderstood.'

Face it, the guy is jerk but he can play football. Anyone in denial about him being a jerk may need to reread what he did to the Steelers. Classy stuff.
Go look at my posts you'll find none of that from me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:53 PM 10-23-2020
:-)

I can't believe this is still being debated.

The guy did what he had to do. Doesn't make him a jerk or a locker room cancer.

In the end, it didn't work at well for him but it worked out fucking GREAT for the Chiefs.

Fucking greedy athletes anyway. :-)
[Reply]
flinchfree 05:17 PM 10-23-2020
You're saying this to somebody that raised Hogs for 30 + years!!!!!

I'd trade his 10 years for my 30 in a heartbeat. My knees are shot from wearing rubber boots and walking on concrete all this time. My back is shot from having to drag out dead sows that weight 500 pounds with a snare 200 feet down an alley weigh. I spent 30 years loading 50 pound bags of feed supplement into hoppers to grind and make feed. I've had to submerse myself under hog shit to clean out a plugged drain line. And you want to tell me these people are not greedy!!!!!!!

Now I'm pissed again! HE sat out for a year when he had a hell of a paycheck for doing a job that he probably thought at one time would be a dream come true. **** him.!

I hope he has 200 yards against the god damn Donkeys!
Yeh, I'm feeling bad for you. You're obviously a high achiever who was elite at every age group to have made it into hog farming. Top 0.001% of the population right?
Course, you could have gone down the road of being an astronaut due to your arithmetic skills, ability to fly supersonic birds of prey, and fortitude to give up 20-30 years of your prime in the faint hope of being selected to a program even more selective than that of a professional athlete.

That's right, you would have swapped it all for the millions Bell's made.
Except you were never good enough so became a hog farmer.
Anyone feeling sorry for your sore knees and back???:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:23 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
Yeh, I'm feeling bad for you. You're obviously a high achiever who was elite at every age group to have made it into hog farming. Top 0.001% of the population right?
Course, you could have gone down the road of being an astronaut due to your arithmetic skills, ability to fly supersonic birds of prey, and fortitude to give up 20-30 years of your prime in the faint hope of being selected to a program even more selective than that of a professional athlete.

That's right, you would have swapped it all for the millions Bell's made.
Except you were never good enough so became a hog farmer.
Anyone feeling sorry for your sore knees and back???:-)
I was never a greedy bastard and proud of what I did. And actually I won awards from the Pork group at Tyson Foods for my performance as managing the top Nucleus farm at one point. It may be not much in your eye's but I was proud. Now go eat your ham sammich and shut the fuck up!
[Reply]
flinchfree 05:47 PM 10-23-2020
I was never a greedy bastard and proud of what I did. And actually I won awards from the Pork group at Tyson Foods for my performance as managing the top Nucleus farm at one point. It may be not much in your eye's but I was proud. Now go eat your ham sammich and shut the **** up!
You're not getting it man.
You very possibly/very likely made more money in your career than i did.
You worked your ass off.
Now if you told me that after a discectomy 10 years in you insisted on better financial compensation, or better medical coverage before you went back to work because you could see how it could all end in a moment....I wouldn't be calling you out for it. Regardless if you made 1 mil a year previous to that point or 50K a year.
Regardless of whether it was more than I could have hoped to make, or whether I would have been thrilled to have earned what you earned.

Maybe I take the risk and keep toiling and hope nothing bad happens at age 30 and I need PT 3 times a week just to get out of bed.....and maybe not.
But I don't shit on YOUR choice to value your health and earning capacity for whatever YOU value it at.

Not so hard really to understand, if you're a mind to.
But if you view being an athlete as a cream puff overpaid career, you're not likely to.
I played sports to a pretty high level, state level tennis player back in Australia. Trained every day of the week and played comp Sat and Sun. There was no offseason and I did everything I could to make it.
Stopped playing at 17 because I'm the exact same age as Boris Becker and after watching him win Wimbledon I knew it was a level (20 in fact) beyond me and I just didn't want to end up making $35hr as a tennis coach for life.

I've got three bulging discs, stenosis, athritis and get a Chiropractic adjustment whenever I feel justified on splurging the money.

I don't need or ask for anyone's sympathy, I'd have done it all the same regardless as I freakin love playing sport.
But cupcake life it wasn't, and isn't.
Leveon wasn't just any running back. He was the best going at the time IMO when with the Stealers and if he wanted to get paid like it, no problem from me.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:54 PM 10-23-2020
:-)
[Reply]
kcclone 05:57 PM 10-23-2020
I can’t blame any RB for doing what it takes to get paid. Their window is short and Le’Veon was being used way more than the average RB.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 06:58 PM 10-23-2020
OR you could go **** yourself!
dont let em get to ya man, i kinda think hes gonna be ok too
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up