ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about sleep
scho63 06:47 PM 09-09-2019
In my entire life, I have had the uncanny ability to lay down ANYWHERE under almost any CIRCUMSTANCE and fall asleep within 5 minutes or less.

I started napping as a kid, worked in the newspaper business as a pressman and slept on steel catwalks, in piles of discarded newsprint, inside a printing press that was not running at the time and laying on top of a rolls of newsprint.

I've fallen asleep in reclined chairs, firm chairs and chairs where I put my feet up on a desk.

In the outdoors I've fallen asleep on the grass at picnics, in lawn chairs at parties, on the top of a hood of a parked car and even standing up while leaning on a parking meter at the end of a night of drinking.

I can sleep in the passenger seat of a car, plane, boat or a rubber dinghy in a pool and even in a bathtub when just right.

Lately for the first time in life I've got my sleep schedule and the amount of hours I am sleeping all screwed up and I'm not sure what time it is each time I wake up. I'm working weird hours and sleeping even stranger. I know some is due to being older but not getting sleep sucks moose cock and I'm done with it!

I NEED BETTER SLEEP.......:-)

So tell everyone here, what's your sleep story: the Good the Bad and the Ugly. :-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:26 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I had a thread earlier on sleep apnea. Long story short, I'm not that old and not in horrible shape, but I've got severe apnea.

I couldn't do the on-prem sleep study because of the covid bullshit, but my o2 levels from an at-home oximeter test were bad enough while sleeping for them to simply send me home with an "insurance approved" o2 contraption. it confirmed that my sleep o2 levels were really bad, so they skipped waiting for the on-prem sleep study and ordered a cpap. I've had it for about a month now. I still fight it a little a night. Not that I'm aware I do, but I started out with a nasal pillow and I think when I get into deep sleep I sometimes still try to breath out my mouth. So with that thing shoveling air down my windpipe, when I apparently try to breathe through my mouth, it doesn't work so well. My o2 levels look much better now, although you can clearly see the times when I try to breathe through my mouth.

Honestly, if you haven't done so, I would say get an appt with a good respiratory clinic, and/or get a referral to a pulmonologist. The cpap was kind of pricey, but I feel quite a bit better already and I'm not nearly as exhausted come late afternoons.

I'm hoping now that I'm patched back up (I had shoulder surgery a while ago, and rehab took forever, just because). But the shoulder is solid again and I can do stuff finally without worry. I'm hoping I can get back to lifting or anything that might burn off 10-20 pounds. I think that will help me a bunch as well.

But I highly recommend seeing a decent sleep center. they could make life a lot better with some pretty simple things actually.
I had to get a chin strap so I didn’t mouth breathe.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up