ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about sleep
scho63 06:47 PM 09-09-2019
In my entire life, I have had the uncanny ability to lay down ANYWHERE under almost any CIRCUMSTANCE and fall asleep within 5 minutes or less.

I started napping as a kid, worked in the newspaper business as a pressman and slept on steel catwalks, in piles of discarded newsprint, inside a printing press that was not running at the time and laying on top of a rolls of newsprint.

I've fallen asleep in reclined chairs, firm chairs and chairs where I put my feet up on a desk.

In the outdoors I've fallen asleep on the grass at picnics, in lawn chairs at parties, on the top of a hood of a parked car and even standing up while leaning on a parking meter at the end of a night of drinking.

I can sleep in the passenger seat of a car, plane, boat or a rubber dinghy in a pool and even in a bathtub when just right.

Lately for the first time in life I've got my sleep schedule and the amount of hours I am sleeping all screwed up and I'm not sure what time it is each time I wake up. I'm working weird hours and sleeping even stranger. I know some is due to being older but not getting sleep sucks moose cock and I'm done with it!

I NEED BETTER SLEEP.......:-)

So tell everyone here, what's your sleep story: the Good the Bad and the Ugly. :-)
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:52 AM 09-10-2019
A sleep story, hmmmm?

When I was in the Navy I met a little cutie at The Barbarella Club in Singapore. After a few drinks, a few dances....

little cutie....we go my place?
Me...you lead I'll follow.

So we grabbed a taxi and off we went.

After the fireworks I fall to sleep, only to be woke up by little cutie, she was standing looking down on me, hold it.....who is this laying next to me, yep....little cutie. Then it hit me....a twin.

She motioned for me to follow her to her room............

The next day back on my Ship (USS Horne)......

buddy....dude, didn't you get any sleep last night, when did you get in?
me....a little (I knew he wouldn't believe my story, so why bother)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:31 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
How the hell did you not get a new one??????????????????
No insurance.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:13 AM 09-10-2019
When I'm mildly tired, I have the ability to set my alarm for 3 minutes, be asleep in about 60 seconds, have vivid dreams, and then wake up 2 minutes later completely refreshed. My job requires me to work all sorts of odd hours and I refer to this as my 'superpower' that allows me to do it without being miserable.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:31 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
No insurance.
https://www.thecpapshop.com/resmed-a...RoCR2QQAvD_BwE
[Reply]
scho63 10:14 AM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I fell asleep, while inside a girl, once.
At least you're a gentleman and waited for her to fall asleep first. :-)
[Reply]
Frosty 10:42 AM 09-10-2019
I've always sucked at sleeping. It takes me a while to fall asleep and I wake up 7-8 times through the night (at least, often more than that). It doesn't help that for the last 25 years, I've worked a job where I have to be at work at 5 am when I'm a natural night owl (I love working graveyard and would do it now if I could), have tinnitus and sleep apnea, and have arthritis in both shoulders, which can make sleeping on my sides painful.

The things that have helped are a CPAP for quality of sleep, though it doesn't help with getting to sleep or the waking up through the night (I wake up several times a night to adjust the mask and move the hose when I roll over), a box fan in the room to provide white noise to cover up the random noises and tinnitus, a Medicline pillow for the shoulders and just knowing I'm only going to get 6-7 hours of interrupted sleep on worknights.
[Reply]
Athis 10:51 AM 09-10-2019
I use Melatonin 10MG time released... Time released is a must..at least for me.
[Reply]
adalah 10:52 AM 09-10-2019
Turn off the phone, turn off the lights, pray to
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:27 AM 09-10-2019
ghanja
[Reply]
Pennywise 12:39 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Athis:
I use Melatonin 10MG time released... Time released is a must..at least for me.
Yep. I take 2 about an hour or so before bedtime. Works like a champ.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:47 PM 09-10-2019
Always try sleep hygiene first:

1. Use your bed only for sleep or sex.
2. Remove any blue LEDs from the bed room
3. Avoid screen time, food, and drink within two hours of bedtime
4. No caffeine within six hours of bed
5. No exercise within four hours of bed

If that doesn't work, you can try pharmaceuticals

1. Melatonin is natural, but you can still experience a hangover effect from it.
2. First generation antihistamines can be helpful for short spurts, but after two weeks the body becomes accustomed to the hypnotic effect, but still experiences the sedative effects. What this means is that you feel tired, but you can't sleep. They also have prolonged half-lives that can lead to a hangover effect
3. Beyond that, the Z-drugs (Ambien, Lunesta, Sonata) are used most often, but have issues with dependence and complex behaviors, as well as different half-lives which make certain agents better than others depending upon your type of insomnia
4. Belsomra (suvorexant) is an orexin antagonist--it blocks a hormone that promotes wakefulness. It is controlled because studies showed that people wanted to continue taking it (and may have issues with dependence), but further studies demonstrated less abuse than other common agents, like Ambien.
[Reply]
scho63 03:04 PM 09-10-2019
Two things I've increased again in the past 3-4 months that I have to knock off: too much caffeine and too much wine and beer, especially white wine and heavy IPAs or Russian Stouts

I'm thinking they are screwing up my normal good sleep that I've always had.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:45 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is this unhealthy? This is my sleep pattern. I get alot of sleep but it isnt consistent

Mon 11 hrs
Tues 4 hrs
Wed 10 hrs
Thurs 3.5 hrs
Fri 11 hrs
Sat 5 hrs
Sun 5 hrs
I think I understand this. You are from a planet that has a 48-hour day.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:49 PM 09-11-2019
Two words that will change your sleep forever: microfiber sheets.

We've always had cotton sheets for summer and flannel sheets for winter, but my wife bought some microfiber sheets earlier this summer. Wowza. They're really soft and light, but do their job just like cotton, and I feel like I'm never sweaty when I wake up. It's like you're sleeping in a cocoon or something. Anyone else do microfiber sheets?
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 08:53 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Ambien

Feel kinda high. Post stuff you don't remember online. Eat some random food. Sleep like a baby.

10/10 would take again.
More truth has never been told. 100% authentic Ambien experience.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up