ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about sleep
scho63 06:47 PM 09-09-2019
In my entire life, I have had the uncanny ability to lay down ANYWHERE under almost any CIRCUMSTANCE and fall asleep within 5 minutes or less.

I started napping as a kid, worked in the newspaper business as a pressman and slept on steel catwalks, in piles of discarded newsprint, inside a printing press that was not running at the time and laying on top of a rolls of newsprint.

I've fallen asleep in reclined chairs, firm chairs and chairs where I put my feet up on a desk.

In the outdoors I've fallen asleep on the grass at picnics, in lawn chairs at parties, on the top of a hood of a parked car and even standing up while leaning on a parking meter at the end of a night of drinking.

I can sleep in the passenger seat of a car, plane, boat or a rubber dinghy in a pool and even in a bathtub when just right.

Lately for the first time in life I've got my sleep schedule and the amount of hours I am sleeping all screwed up and I'm not sure what time it is each time I wake up. I'm working weird hours and sleeping even stranger. I know some is due to being older but not getting sleep sucks moose cock and I'm done with it!

I NEED BETTER SLEEP.......:-)

So tell everyone here, what's your sleep story: the Good the Bad and the Ugly. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:22 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I have diagnosed sleep apnea and lost my CPAP in the house fire 4 years ago. I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. I'm lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep a night, and it's not good sleep. I can't remember the last time I was asleep deep enough to dream.
So for four years now you have been playing "Russian Roulette" each night? That is what the sleep clinic dude told me when I didn't use it.

Bob Dole, get yourself a new machine!

I recently wore my first Res Med out after 10+ years but it was great machine. It finally said on the screen "motor life has been exceeded"

The new one is half the size and hard to believe, is improved.

As far as the OP, the older I get the harder it is to get a good nights sleep.

Quite a while back, Firemeboy posted to count backwards from 300 by threes.
Hell, I have that shit memorized so well it doesn't work for me anymore. It was great for a while though.
[Reply]
notorious 07:22 PM 09-09-2019
What doea your caffeine intake look like? Ever since hitting 40 I’ve had to watch when I drink soda. It can fuck up a nights sleep easily.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:23 PM 09-09-2019
I fell asleep, while inside a girl, once.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:27 PM 09-09-2019
Anymore, I'm in bed by 9 or 10 but it usually takes me an hour or two to go to sleep, up at 6:15 for work and I feel fairly well rested, a few cups of green tea and I'm good to go. Weekends, I can catnap until 9 or 10 for some extra rest, didn't used to be like that, chalked it up to getting old.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:29 PM 09-09-2019
I was the same way for years. Could fall a sleep and stay a sleep. Now I wake up in the middle of the night. I am dreaming so I don't think it's sleep apnea. I couldn't go back to sleep and it was a bitch. The last few months, I have been just closing my eyes and willing myself back to sleep. I think about relaxing my toes, to my heel, to my shin, and I usually fall back to sleep. ???
[Reply]
Kman34 07:32 PM 09-09-2019
I have diagnosed sleep apnea and lost my CPAP in the house fire 4 years ago. I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. I'm lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep a night, and it's not good sleep. I can't remember the last time I was asleep deep enough to dream.
You need that machine back... Started Cpap in January and not exhausted any more...
Last year I drove an Asphalt truck at night along with my day job and I have no idea how I functioned... Dangerous shit...
If your are concerned about another expensive sleep study...
Maybe find a used one on ebay??

Don't put this off.. Could save your life...
[Reply]
Buzz 07:33 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I fell asleep, while inside a girl, once.

My wife calls that soap opera love.
[Reply]
limested 07:37 PM 09-09-2019
I don’t sleep much. Usually can’t fall asleep without earbuds in with music or a movie going in order to drown out the tinnitus.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:48 PM 09-09-2019
Pro tip: don't stay up and watch the cripple fight that is about to ensue
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:49 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
In my entire life, I have had the uncanny ability to lay down ANYWHERE under almost any CIRCUMSTANCE and fall asleep within 5 minutes or less.

I started napping as a kid, worked in the newspaper business as a pressman and slept on steel catwalks, in piles of discarded newsprint, inside a printing press that was not running at the time and laying on top of a rolls of newsprint.

I've fallen asleep in reclined chairs, firm chairs and chairs where I put my feet up on a desk.

In the outdoors I've fallen asleep on the grass at picnics, in lawn chairs at parties, on the top of a hood of a parked car and even standing up while leaning on a parking meter at the end of a night of drinking.

I can sleep in the passenger seat of a car, plane, boat or a rubber dinghy in a pool and even in a bathtub when just right.

Lately for the first time in life I've got my sleep schedule and the amount of hours I am sleeping all screwed up and I'm not sure what time it is each time I wake up. I'm working weird hours and sleeping even stranger. I know some is due to being older but not getting sleep sucks moose cock and I'm done with it!

So tell everyone here, what's your sleep story: the Good the Bad and the Ugly. :-)
Must be nice. I've been an insomniac since a teen (I'm 35). I never did Ambien because of my drug and alcohol history, but I've done damn near everything else.

Seroquel helps, but you have to keep increasing dosage and I COULD NOT sleep if I missed a dose. Also, waking up feeling like a zombie sucks. I also sleep walk periodically and Seroquel made it worse. It also made me sleep eat :-) . At one point I took 400mg a night just to sleep. For reference, schizophrenia dosages max out at 600 (I think). That shit sucks and, after 10+ years, I finally said I'm done. I'm out on disability for the foreseeable future and, save for an appointment here and there, have very few obligations other than family/friends. I just sleep when I can, which isn't very much..

I just got approved for MM for physical purposes. I've tried some bud to see if it would help and, so far, it has! There's (apparently) strains specifically for it. I should have my number next week and I can report back (if anyone gives a shit)

Edit- Max dose of Seroquel is apparently 800mg/day
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:52 PM 09-09-2019
How the hell did you not get a new one??????????????????
[Reply]
bricks 07:52 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

Wow. That sounds pretty crazy. Do you suffer from narcolepsy? I hope there aren’t times when you’re driving behind the wheel and are tempted to doze off? I’m concerned about your issue. It could potentially be very dangerous. Be careful bud.

Not getting enough sleep is terrible. I feel you on that man. Lots of us suffer from it. You know something, what sounds simple in sleep is actually very complex. Lots of stuff can mess up our sleep.

I want to offer you a tip because this helped me and Im spreading this information for the sake of helping others. First off, there are three components to insomnia: inability to fall asleep, waking up in the middle of the night (broken sleep which is my issue and Im clueless on how to resolve it. I think it may be stress related because I follow a steady sleep schedule but have difficulties manage stress/depression...in fact I think Im chronically stressed out. I feel burnt out man. I think that my body is overtired and produces really high levels of cortisol. Not happy with that. Not good at all. You know when they say you’re overtired and can’t rest properly? That may be my issue? No matter what, my sleep is broken all the time and frustrates the heck out of me), and getting up REALLY early with very little rest.

Okay, so, inability to fall asleep could be an issue for you. I used to suffer from this but what I found helped me was relaxation aids. No alcohol. No marijuana (those mess up your sleep. good sleeping aids to help you fall asleep but rob you of good quality REM sleep).

You know what I used to do before I fell asleep at night, I would think about falling asleep. Thats one of the worst things a person could do. You know why? Because thinking about falling asleep makes you more anxious and tense that your body can’t relax!

You need to relax your body before falling asleep and then you’ll fall asleep. What I do sometimes at night is take a hot bath or I practice autogenic therapy. Its a self-induced form of hypnosis. Its one of the ****ing most amazing things ever. You trick your mind into relaxation that falling asleep just becomes natural. Its like you’re inducing a parasympathetic response for your body and slowing down/counteracting the sympathetic response. Its like you’re slowing down those stress chemicals. I would highly recommend it. It works for me and may work for others.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:55 PM 09-09-2019
Sleep Clinic
CPAP
CBD oil
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:03 PM 09-09-2019
When I was getting my masters, I was working 12-14 hours a day and going to school at night. One night I came home after call and studying at about midnight. I fell asleep in my car in the garage (luckily I turned it off first). My wife had already fallen asleep and she woke up at 4:30 am and noticed I wasn’t in bed. She found me in my car still fast asleep. I had to be at work at 6 am so she woke me up.

Those were some long, sleep deprived days.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:13 PM 09-09-2019
Melatonin. Not ambien.

Melatonin is natural. Ambien fucks with you. Hard.

If you have a drink at night switch to red wine. It has higher levels of melatonin.

Try to keep a consistent sleep schedule. Lay off caffeine and electronics. Don’t work out late.

If none of that works hit a sleep study.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up