ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about sleep
scho63 06:47 PM 09-09-2019
In my entire life, I have had the uncanny ability to lay down ANYWHERE under almost any CIRCUMSTANCE and fall asleep within 5 minutes or less.

I started napping as a kid, worked in the newspaper business as a pressman and slept on steel catwalks, in piles of discarded newsprint, inside a printing press that was not running at the time and laying on top of a rolls of newsprint.

I've fallen asleep in reclined chairs, firm chairs and chairs where I put my feet up on a desk.

In the outdoors I've fallen asleep on the grass at picnics, in lawn chairs at parties, on the top of a hood of a parked car and even standing up while leaning on a parking meter at the end of a night of drinking.

I can sleep in the passenger seat of a car, plane, boat or a rubber dinghy in a pool and even in a bathtub when just right.

Lately for the first time in life I've got my sleep schedule and the amount of hours I am sleeping all screwed up and I'm not sure what time it is each time I wake up. I'm working weird hours and sleeping even stranger. I know some is due to being older but not getting sleep sucks moose cock and I'm done with it!

I NEED BETTER SLEEP.......:-)

So tell everyone here, what's your sleep story: the Good the Bad and the Ugly. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 06:48 PM 09-09-2019
Ambien

Feel kinda high. Post stuff you don't remember online. Eat some random food. Sleep like a baby.

10/10 would take again.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:49 PM 09-09-2019
Don’t work nights

Stay away from electronics an hour or two before going to sleep
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:49 PM 09-09-2019
Sleep clinic
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:50 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
Ambien
Ambient works good as a temporary solution to insomnia but you want to get off of it as soon as you can
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:50 PM 09-09-2019
Ear plugs for me. I found when I quit hearing all the little night noises, furnace/AC kick on and off, etc I sleep a lot better.
[Reply]
TLO 06:51 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Ambient works good as a temporary solution to insomnia but you want to get off of it as soon as you can
I've taken it on a consistent basis for far too long.

Still works like a charm though.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:52 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
In my entire life, I have had the uncanny ability to lay down ANYWHERE under almost any CIRCUMSTANCE and fall asleep within 5 minutes or less.

I started napping as a kid, worked in the newspaper business as a pressman and slept on steel catwalks, in piles of discarded newsprint, inside a printing press that was not running at the time and laying on top of a rolls of newsprint.

I've fallen asleep in reclined chairs, firm chairs and chairs where I put my feet up on a desk.

In the outdoors I've fallen asleep on the grass at picnics, in lawn chairs at parties, on the top of a hood of a parked car and even standing up while leaning on a parking meter at the end of a night of drinking.

I can sleep in the passenger seat of a car, plane, boat or a rubber dinghy in a pool and even in a bathtub when just right.

Lately for the first time in life I've got my sleep schedule and the amount of hours I am sleeping all screwed up and I'm not sure what time it is each time I wake up. I'm working weird hours and sleeping even stranger. I know some is due to being older but not getting sleep sucks moose cock and I'm done with it!

I NEED BETTER SLEEP.......:-)

So tell everyone here, what's your sleep story: the Good the Bad and the Ugly. :-)
Wow amazing. I don't know how people sleep in weird positions. The ONLY way I can sleep is either on my side or my stomach laying down. I cannot sleep ever sitting, on my back, or not laid down. Which means I can't sleep in airplanes, waiting chairs, or at family gatherings.
[Reply]
chinaski 06:57 PM 09-09-2019
Been waking up at the crack of dawn for work for about 20+years. (4AM wakeup)

I currently work a split-shift. 6AM till 9AM again from 3:30PM to 6:30PM)

I generally get about 6 hours per night, and about a 1 hour "cat nap" in the Mid-Day.

I'm pretty wound up often times and don't sleep so well. Various aches and pains sometimes keep me up at night.

Sleeping in on the weekends means about a 6AM wakeup.

Oh, and far as sleeping "positions" I'm either a back or side sleeper. I generally need to be laying down. I have a recliner that goes back pretty far, I have fallen asleep in that. My couch is pretty comfy as well, but again, I generally have to be lying down.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:59 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wow amazing. I don't know how people sleep in weird positions. The ONLY way I can sleep is either on my side or my stomach laying down. I cannot sleep ever sitting, on my back, or not laid down. Which means I can't sleep in airplanes, waiting chairs, or at family gatherings.
Same
[Reply]
scho63 07:02 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Same
I believe when you have a clear mind, no stress and you are tired to very tired, you can sleep anywhere when your body is relaxed.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:06 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I believe when you have a clear mind, no stress and you are tired to very tired, you can sleep anywhere when your body is relaxed.
Not this guy.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:08 PM 09-09-2019
I have diagnosed sleep apnea and lost my CPAP in the house fire 4 years ago. I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. I'm lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep a night, and it's not good sleep. I can't remember the last time I was asleep deep enough to dream.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:12 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I have diagnosed sleep apnea and lost my CPAP in the house fire 4 years ago. I'm absolutely exhausted all the time. I'm lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep a night, and it's not good sleep. I can't remember the last time I was asleep deep enough to dream.
OPs story sounds a lot like sleep apnea. Untreated apnea causing you to not enter REM, ie no dreaming
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:17 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Yeah, me too. I guess being in the Hog business so long I always had shit on my mind to stress and worry about so I've just never got good sleep. Now that I'm retired I still find myself just cat napping all friggin night and seldom get into a deep sleep.

Hell last night Mahomes ankle and Tyreeks shoulder stayed on my mind all friggin night. Isn't that just stupid!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up