ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about your bed.
cabletech94 11:06 AM 10-23-2020
Wife and I have a memory foam style type bed. It has a “lifetime” warranty. It was sold to us as never having to replaced due to durability. Fact is it’s 13 years old and has served its purpose. But as I’ve gotten older, it’s becoming more difficult to get comfortable overnight, constantly tossing and turning etc. After talking to the wife she’s having the same issues.

So my question to you fellow planeteers: what’s your sleeping pad setup? I’m just looking at other options.

Oh, and FUCK DONKOS FOREVER!!!
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:48 AM 05-05-2024
It's a rectangle. P comfy.

I always thought having a huge circle bed like Shaq on cribs would be cool. I'm not rich and living in a 30 mill home though
[Reply]
Hoover 09:48 AM 05-05-2024
I’m rocking a king size tempurpedic thats 10 years old.

Love it. Doesn’t give you a bear hug when you get in it at night but damn I sleep like a baby.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:59 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I’m rocking a king size tempurpedic thats 10 years old.

Love it. Doesn’t give you a bear hug when you get in it at night but damn I sleep like a baby.
I have insomnia and a 15 year old pillow top bed that's fine enough but likely isn't a check in the negative or positive columns at this point. It's a thing that is.

Without the firm shove of one drug or another I don't sleep over 3 hours a night anyway. Melatonin and benadryl have never done much for me like they do most people.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:09 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Well that one didn't last any longer than the others. Been causing us back pain for the last year.

To be honest though, we flipped it a few times, but not every 90 days as flipping that heavy king size mattress was quite a job with a ceiling fan in the bedroom.

Paid $20 to the company we just bought our new mattress from to haul it off.
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I have insomnia and a 15 year old pillow top bed that's fine enough but likely isn't a check in the negative or positive columns at this point. It's a thing that is.

Without the firm shove of one drug or another I don't sleep over 3 hours a night anyway. Melatonin and benadryl have never done much for me like they do most people.
I went through a patch of that. It’s really tough and physically hard on a person. Have you done a sleep study?

I basically got all out of whack during Covid. Routine was off. Up late. Slept in. Felt the only decent sleep I got was in the morning. But I was basically taking myself to exhaustion in hopes it meant I would sleep that night. I had been on a cpap previously hated it. Didn’t use it. But my sleep was so damn bad I did a second one. Kicked into a great sleep doctor. Military. Provided some good things to read. And while the cpap has worked great the second time around, I think half my battle was mental. I swear I still have some lingering PTSD associated with fucking sleeping.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05-05-2024, 11:11 AM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
PatMahomesIsGod 11:16 AM 05-05-2024
It’s seen a lot of action.
[Reply]
Womble 11:31 AM 05-05-2024

It might look a bit cheaper than some of my other beds but it's a fantastic little thing and gets the job done.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:44 PM 05-05-2024
We got foam mattress a few years back. What I really like, is we got a Split King with [u]adjustable bases[/b]. Basically, two extra long twin beds, side by side. We use twin fitted sheets and a king top sheet. The base can raise the head, the feet, or both. Each side is independent. I'll crank the head up and watch the tube for awhile before lowering it to get my sleep. Being able to raise the head just a little during those times when I'm congested is a big help.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:57 PM 05-05-2024
My girlfriend has this super soft cover she puts on our mattress. It is really thick and soft. It basically makes the bed concave out to the sides and deepen in the middle. It is terribly uncomfortable and she won't change it. I bought a new mattress because I thought my back pain was from that mattress but it isn't. When I sleep on either mattress without her dumb super thick cover my back feels fine.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:03 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I swear I still have some lingering PTSD associated with fucking sleeping.
That's definitely a part of it. Your dreams are the one time you can't effectively lie to yourself.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up