ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>"I had a dream" Mock 3/13/21
kccrow 11:54 AM 03-13-2021
I had a dream that Brett Veach doesn't stop the runaway train and aggressively attacks both free agency and the draft while using up his "piggy banks" and the NFL quivers as he lays waste to the naysayers.

Restructures/Extensions
Already done: QB Patrick Mahomes
DT Chris Jones roster bonus into signing bonus ($+13.5M)
WR Tyreek Hill roster bonus into signing bonus ($+6M)
TE Travis Kelce roster bonus into signing bonus ($+6M)
SS Tyrann Mathieu 3-year extension, converting 10 million of base salary to signing bonus (+ $7M)

Cuts
Already done: LT Eric Fisher, RT Mitchell Schwartz
LB Anthony Hitchens, June 1 designation ($+6M)

Cap Effects
Rookie Pool is about $8.4M so Effective Draft Reserve is about $3.1M
In-Season Reserve $3.5M

Leaves spendable cap space at $50.7M - $3.1M - $3.5M = $44.1M

Re-Sign FAs
Chiefs sign to 1-year veteran minimum deals:
WR Byron Pringle at $920k
RB Darrell Williams at $920k
LB Ben Niemann at $920k
DE Taco Charlton at $887.5k
WR Demarcus Robinson at $1.127k (4-year vet benefit)

Tenders
CB Charvarius Ward, 2nd Rd RFA of $3.422M
TE Nick Kiezer, ERFA of $675k
CB DeAndre Baker, ERFA of $750k

Free Agent Acquisitions
LT Trent Williams (SF) - 4 years, $78M w/ $40M in total guarantees, incl. $15M signing bonus (2021 est. $13.0M)
One of the premier left tackles in the game that's ready to win a ring.
DE Romeo Okwara (DET) - 5 years, $79M w/ $13.5M in total guarantees, incl. $10M signing bonus (2021 est. $6.0M)
Young, up-and-coming defensive end that's put up 10 sacks twice so far in his career but inconsistency has been an issue
OC Nick Martin (HOU) - 4 years, $45M w/ 17M in total guarantees, inc.e $5M signing bonus(2021 est. $8.0M)
A stud pass-blocking center with the athleticism to pull and reach the second level but isn't anything more than a wall-off blocker in the run game.
LB Nick Vigil (LAC) - 2 years, $5.5M incl. $1.5M signing bonus (2021 est. $2.1M)
A better coverage linebacker than Hitchens while offering the same marginal performance against the run.
ST Roderick Johnson (HOU) - 2 years, $5.5M incl. $1.5M signing bonus (2021 est. $2.1M)
A solid swing tackle that can play on either side effectively.
WR John Ross (CIN) - 1 year vet min at $990k
Speed demon with an injury history but Veach likes to take chances on former 1st rounders
SS Leno Hill (SEA) - 1 year vet min at $990k
A big box safety/linebacker hybrid with speed but hasn't had much luck in Seattle

Draft
Round 1-16 | LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame (6'1" 220)
- Kansas City trades 1-31, 3-94, 2022 2nd to Arizona for 1-16
Ultra-athletic SS/WLB hybrid playmaker with sideline-to-sideline range and the ability to cover anyone.
Round 2-60 | WR Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State (5'11" 193)
- Kansas City trades 2-63, 5-181 to New Orleans for 2-60
Outside WR with the potential to become great once he learns to beat man press and quicken his release.
Round 4-136 | OG Royce Newman, Mississippi (6'5" 306)
Guard/tackle much in the mold of Andrew Wylie with outstanding athleticism and good pass blocking pedigree but needs to improve anchor.
Round 4-144 | DE Janarius Robinson, Florida State (6'5" 266)
Long, thick DE with good strength and tremendous pop in his pads but needs to learn to play like Tarzan all the time.
Round 5-175 | DT Khyiris Tonga, Brigham Young (6'3" 322)
Big run plugger with some 2-down pass rush ability to replace Pennel.
Round 6-205 | OC Ryan McCollum, Texas A&M (6'5" 300)
Solid, athletic center with some similarities to Morse but less refined.

Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams

WR: T. Hill, D. Robinson, M. Hardman, T. Wallace, B. Pringle, J. Ross
TE: T. Kelce, N. Keizer

LT: T. Williams, R. Johnson
LG: N. Allegretti, Y. Durant, M. Rankin
OC: N. Martin, R. McCollum
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, R. Newman
RT: L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, J. Robinson, T. Charlton
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, K. Saunders, K. Tonga
DE: R. Okwara, M. Danna

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: N. Vigil, E. Smith
WLB: J. Owusu-Koramoah, B. Niemann, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, L. Hill, A. Watts

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:11 PM 03-13-2021
Nice work!
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:13 PM 03-13-2021
Jizz. Everywhere.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:19 PM 03-13-2021
Jesus Christ if Brett Veach trades that much for a fucking LB than just launch him into the sun.

If we’re moving up that much it better be for a pass rusher or because Waddle somehow fell
[Reply]
Dante84 01:13 PM 03-13-2021
Love it all.

Looking at the final roster, the biggest question I have is TE2 if Kelce gets hurt, and WR2 if Wallace isn’t amazing right out the gate. All said, that’s about as good as we could ask for.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:24 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Jesus Christ if Brett Veach trades that much for a fucking LB than just launch him into the sun.

If we’re moving up that much it better be for a pass rusher or because Waddle somehow fell
I know this is all pretty far out there in terms of what may happen, but it is 100% possible if Veach does decide to go all in.

Adding 2 linebackers to erase the short passing game and another legitimate pass rusher would make that defense really, really good.

I mean, JOK has Devin White's type of ability to erase TEs, SWRs, and RBs and can give you added ability to mix up blitzes along with Gay.

Not to mention you're getting two of the best pass-blocking lineman in the NFL at their respective positions.

And you're filling the X for the future.

It's everything this board has been begging for. Join the revolution. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:26 PM 03-13-2021
Love getting JOK. If we were to spend all that draft capital for them I don't see the need for much in FA at LB.

Maybe Avery Williamson with a 1 million cap hit/Cut Hitchens could hold the fort down before the draft.

And JOK would now give us another beast chess piece where Spags could be moving him and Matthieu around so offenses would have very little to go on.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:36 PM 03-13-2021
I'd skip signing Okwara and draft Kwity Paye at #16 instead.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:00 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I know this is all pretty far out there in terms of what may happen, but it is 100% possible if Veach does decide to go all in.

Adding 2 linebackers to erase the short passing game and another legitimate pass rusher would make that defense really, really good.

I mean, JOK has Devin White's type of ability to erase TEs, SWRs, and RBs and can give you added ability to mix up blitzes along with Gay.

Not to mention you're getting two of the best pass-blocking lineman in the NFL at their respective positions.

And you're filling the X for the future.

It's everything this board has been begging for. Join the revolution. :-)
Devin White's ability to "erase" tight ends comes from the pressure up front. He can't actually cover a TE long enough to shut them down if the pass rush doesn't get there.

Like almost every other LB in the league.

I don't mind this one, because it's JOK. Outside of him, though, there isn't another LB I'd take in the first except Parsons.

And I'm not sure I'd trade up to 16 for anybody.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:11 PM 03-13-2021
John Ross fucking sucks.

Target a better WR in the first round and this would be a great draft.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:05 PM 03-13-2021
Hate the Ross wish he sucks uber ass! We replace Watkins with the same thing. Go for something else Marvin Jones? Ju Ju? PISS ON ROSS!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:52 PM 03-13-2021
John Ross is a fucking dollar tree Watkins
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:13 AM 03-14-2021
Man, on one hand I know the value of having a do-everything athletic freak at LB.

But the idea of trading up that far to take a LB feels like an overreaction to Devon White’s SB, kinda.

I could see trading up that much for a DE or T or WR if the guy you are in love with is there and has slipped a bit.

What would you think if they did it for Kyle Pitts? Or a Waddle/Smith who’s slipping?

I love the idea of moving up in the first by 8-10 picks to get Bateman, too.

I love everything else. I think you’re right in experimenting with move ups and aggression. That is Veach’s MO and you make a good point about adding standouts/stars.

As always, the effort and thoughtfulness are appreciated!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:32 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Man, on one hand I know the value of having a do-everything athletic freak at LB.

But the idea of trading up that far to take a LB feels like an overreaction to Devon White’s SB, kinda.

I could see trading up that much for a DE or T or WR if the guy you are in love with is there and has slipped a bit.

What would you think if they did it for Kyle Pitts? Or a Waddle/Smith who’s slipping?

I love the idea of moving up in the first by 8-10 picks to get Bateman, too.

I love everything else. I think you’re right in experimenting with move ups and aggression. That is Veach’s MO and you make a good point about adding standouts/stars.

As always, the effort and thoughtfulness are appreciated!
All intents in purposes it makes you appreciate Derrick Johnson for what he accomplished when he got his shit together
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 03-14-2021
I love the idea of bringing in Trent Williams and your move up in the first for a dynamic defensive playmaker!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up