ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Guys, it's not negotiable. You need to give Mahomes premium weapons in your mocks.
Direckshun 12:58 PM 02-26-2021
The Bucs were probably going to win the Super Bowl no matter what, but we are deluding ourselves if we are creating mock offseasons that don't give Mahomes at least 2 more premium weapons.

We routinely get excellent mock offseasons on this forum, and this week has been no exception, but c'mon.

You need to either give Mahomes a top flight #2 and #3 receiving option, or you need to give him a top flight #2 WR and a top flight #2 TE.

Teams are going to throw all their resources at Kelce and Hill in 2021. You can't snag one really good WR and wipe your hands clean of the problem -- you need multiple tertiary options because someone's going to get injured in or around 2021.

I know there's a ton of needs, but protecting Mahomes and giving him more weapons need to be at the top of the list, and if your mock offseason doesn't, it's not passing the smell test here.
[Reply]
el borracho 10:40 AM 02-27-2021
Fisher just turned 30. He may miss significant time this year and he may or may not be the same player in the future. If I am reading things correctly, he counts 15 million against the cap this year.

In essence, he is an expensive, aging player that may or may not come back to form. You would be taking an expensive leap of faith to keep him and/ or extend him. I won't lose my mind if that happens, but I would prefer the Chiefs find a more permanent, less expensive solution.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:49 AM 02-27-2021
Adding a wr that can get open, make people miss and break tackles will also help in zone coverage. A short quick pass that can be turned into a long gain will help protect the oline and keep mahomes upright. Who do we have that can do that now besides hill and kelce?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:51 AM 02-27-2021
This guy runs routes like Justin Jefferson, Terry Mclaurin.

[Reply]
el borracho 10:56 AM 02-27-2021
By the way, I don't see the situation as an "either-or" situation. I hope the Chiefs address both OL and WR in the draft.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:09 AM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
By the way, I don't see the situation as an "either-or" situation. I hope the Chiefs address both OL and WR in the draft.
I want an OL and a weapon in the 1st 3 picks.
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:17 AM 02-27-2021
Rondale Moore > toney for what we need in breaking tackles after short passes against zone coverage.
[Reply]
In58men 12:32 PM 02-27-2021
Per Source: Bateman ran a 4.37 hand time and a 4.39 laser at the Exos combine.

*Rashod Bateman is not slow
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:13 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Per Source: Bateman ran a 4.37 hand time and a 4.39 laser at the Exos combine.

*Rashod Bateman is not slow
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:25 PM 02-27-2021
Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:26 PM 02-27-2021
Fisher just turned 30. He may miss significant time this year and he may or may not be the same player in the future. If I am reading things correctly, he counts 15 million against the cap this year.

In essence, he is an expensive, aging player that may or may not come back to form. You would be taking an expensive leap of faith to keep him and/ or extend him. I won't lose my mind if that happens, but I would prefer the Chiefs find a more permanent, less expensive solution.
Right now, we don't even know the extent of his injury. It's a bit premature to say he might miss significant time or may not be the same.

I honestly am going to trust whatever they do. If they take a tackle, great. If they don't, great.

They've earned the benefit of the doubt.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:44 PM 02-27-2021
<----- Solidly on board the "sign Kenny Golladay and draft Hunter Long so we can draft line help" train.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:02 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
<----- Solidly on board the "sign Kenny Golladay and draft Hunter Long so we can draft line help" train.
Golladay is going to get franchised and then you’ll have to trade for him.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:33 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What are you going to do if the long-term answer at the OT spots are Fisher and Niang?
Depends on how the board actually falls and we still have FA.

Theoretically, my first look would be to see what's there at ER and DB.

There's a list in my head of guys I think are good picks in 1.

WR: Will Bateman or Toney be there at 31? I doubt it. Would I take any of the other WRs in round 1? Probably not. We obviously assume Chase, Smith, and Waddle are off the board early.

LB: There are 3 LBs that are round 1 players in my mind, Parsons, Koramoah, and Collins. I don't see how any of the 3 are there. I'd take one of them if they were.

ER: I've been most vocal about an edge, much more so than OL. I like Rousseau, Paye, Ojulari, Perkins, and Tryon in round 1. Some like Oweh, Phillips, and Jones that high, I don't. I think if there was one to take a chance on at 31 of those 3, it's probably Oweh. I think those are guys to target in a trade down.

DT: The only one I'd personally want the Chiefs to go after in 1 would be Barmore if he fell. It's not that I don't like some others, but I wouldn't do it in 1.

DB: This is probably the position I'd look hardest at without an ER or OL there that makes sense. Greg Newsome II and Asante Samuel Jr. would be the 2 that would be most appealing to me at CB and Moehrig at SS. Moehrig is a guy I think maybe I've had slotted too low. He's easily the best safety in this draft and they tend to at least go in the 15-20 range, so he may not be around when we pick. No other safety makes sense that early. CB is the other position that's a bit light this year. Behind Farley, Horn, and Surtain, things are going to get interesting as all 3 of those guys probably go in the top 20 picks. If Newsome is there, I'd have some pause.

OL: Coming back around to OLine, I'd have to give serious consideration to two guards - Alijah Vera-Tucker and Wyatt Davis. Wyatt Davis is incredibly good at RG and a 1st-Team All-American for a reason. There really isn't a hole in his game. His grandfather is a Hall of Famer, if you want bloodlines. Vera-Tucker can obviously swing out to tackle in a pinch and better served on the left side. So pick your favorite.

I bet there's the question "if you are willing to trade so far up for a LT, are you willing to do it for another player?"

Sure. I think if we're talking about Paye or Rousseau falling to the teens its something to look at hard. I wouldn't do it for another position. LT or DE. That's it.

I'm not a huge fan of trading down, but would I do it? I think this is the year to do it if there's not a lot of value sitting there at 31. I think, if you trade down 10-15 spots, you're hitting a sweet spot for some of the other WRs like Marshall, St. Brown, Wallace, Moore, and so forth. I think you're also putting yourself in a great position for a Center like Myers, Humphrey, or Dickerson. I think a couple of the Edge guys I mentioned are there. So too could be a couple good DTs like Nixon, Owuzurike and Tufele
[Reply]
Bowser 05:56 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Golladay is going to get franchised and then you’ll have to trade for him.
Marvin Jones Jr., then. Detroit can't franchise both of them.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:00 AM 02-28-2021
https://youtu.be/fKQJZPVUkWk

Jonathan Adams. 6-3, 220 form Arkansas State. Watched him destroy KSU early last year. It wasn't a one game fluke either. Could be a mid to late round steal that would allow other positions to be addressed early, and still get a legit weapon for Mahomes.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up